Chic, IL What the hell is this?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    i just took a $1 pregnancy test, and I'm gonna be a mommy!

Star Wars Choppers on me!
  2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Those SW choppers were pretty dumb.
  3. doc4converse Jedi Master

star 4
    Well you can always buy a few and then blow them up with fireworks on New Year's Eve. [I don't own a gun]
  4. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna write the dissenting position.

No I'm not. Are they for little kids (part of that whole SW Heros line) - yes. Are they stupid - yeah.
  5. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/news20051028.html

"Needless to say, the final cut of the Foo Fighters/Battlefront mod will not let down Star Wars fans and gamers alike."

Too late.
  6. Malakiili Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone surprised by this? You must not remember the toys from the '70s. . .
    http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/item-detail/12043/10054
  7. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    That Van rocked! And doesn't appear to have a rubber Darth Vader sitting on top of it preparing to enter the village jousting tournament.

Bosh
  8. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
  9. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    bosh speaketh the truth.

allow me to illuminate. the SW van linked above is a van, from our universe, decked out with SW graphics. if anyone were to see such a van driving down the street, especially any one of us, our response would probably be, "wow, quite the bitchin van." hence, the toy's coolness.

the Star Wars Choppers imagines some sad alternate (or perhaps not at all alternate?) version of the Star Wars universe we have all come to know and in some form love where Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett all at some point decide, for some unspeakable reason, "Dang, I need a motorcycle."

they then go out and procure said motorcycles, and then...then what? Vader tools around the back streets of Coruscant on his new bike? Luke hops out of an X-Wing after a recon mission to blow off some steam popping wheelies? Boba Fett uses the cycle to drive from out the sarlaac's belly?

THAT's why they're idiotic, shameful, and sad. for the record, I think all toys depicting characters on motorcycles who don't need them are stupid. it's just that the others don't represent the ongoing pillaging of my childhood for the sake of filling the LFL coffers.
  10. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Dartha. Did you wife get you one of those "word of the day" calendars?

:D
  11. Malakiili Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was well spoken, but you just ruined like, three quarters of the Spider-Man toys ever made.
  12. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Perhaps, preterminal pretenious product platitudes
    proffer Palpatine-like profits:)
  13. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry, dude. even kids think spider-man motorcycle toys are stupid.

because he can SHOOT WEB FROM HIS WRISTS AND CLIMB ON BUILDINGS LIKE A SPIDER. hence rendering his use of a motorcycle PRETTY FREAKING DUMB.

same with vader. this is a dude who has command of dark forces we can only begin to comprehend. and so when he needs to get to someplace on coruscant, he hops onto his trusty...motorcycle?!?!

hell no. he has stormtroopers ferry him to his destination like the dark lord of the sith that he is.
  14. YodaDaMax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since when did anything (short of a huge tank) in Star Wars have wheels? Now if they made swoops instead, that might've been cool. But then, they've already released a few.
  15. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Ummm...the Tattooine Rickshaw had wheels...duh!!!

The above was brought to you by Sarcasm(tm).
  16. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Waitress droid in AOTC
    Gungan wagons
    Mousedroid
    R2-D2
  17. YodaDaMax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Fine! There are wheels in Star Wars.... Just not motorcycles!
  18. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-wan Kenobi on American Chopper......honest,

Ewan McGregor joins the Tuttles on their tour of Europe
    in Scottland. See Ewan's motorcycle, visit an old race track and ride
    old bikes, etc.

did I mention earlier that I was a fan of American Chopper:)

Ewan fans, may want to check out the Discovery Channel,
    I think they will be re-broadcasting
    part one of this a couple of more times.

from the imdb,

Completed a trip from London to New York 'The Long Way Round' by riding a motorbike east, via Europe, Mongolia, Russia, Alaska and Canada to Manhattan over 115 days in 2004

but those toys are still stupid:)
  19. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    i would buy a toy of ewan macgregor in a biker outfit on a motorcycle before I'd buy a Star Wars Chopper.

(and if you think I sound like someone who has a little experience imagining ewan macgregor in a biker outfit, watch for news on my upcoming slashfic series, Riding The Hog, which should be done soon.)
  20. LanceWS Jedi Knight

star 1
    What's worse, the Star Wars choppers or the Star Wars transformers? I'm having trouble deciding which one to not collect more of.
  21. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Definetly the choppers.
    As a Star Wars and Transformers fan, I have seen delight from TransFans, and apathy from SW fans on the SW Transformers.
    Speaking for myself, I am not happy with design choices that try to hard to make the robot mode look like a character. But overall I am happy with the designs. I cannot wait to own that Grevious/Wheel Bike.
  22. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    OK....WHAT THE HELL IS THIS:

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=star-trek&near=Chicago,+IL&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=41850000,-87650000,14871606036477005975

Bosh
    "Obviously where Darth Astuart gets his hair cut."
  23. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow... I'm speechless.

I bet JediJeff is a "frequent customer".

24. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That scares me a little bit...only a lil bit...
  25. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    looks like that's in the heart of the south side...they got some weird shop names down there.

and that's not actually where I get my hair cut. I usually visit the Space: 1999 Salon, or if they're booked, the Space: Above and Beyond Style Shoppe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.