main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What the stores have in Stock?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mapman, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mapman

Mapman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    So I'm not sure if there is a thread about this, I looked some but couldn't find one...

So I did my rounds last night and here's what I found that seemed worth mentioning

Wal-Mart on Meachem Rd in Elk Grove- Nothing you can't find anywhere else.

Target on Higgins Rd in Schaumburg- Nothing you can't find anywhere else.

Toys-R-Us on Golf Rd in Schaumburg- They have One Han Solo, and a few Obi Wan Unleashed.

Kay Bee in Woodfield- tons of peg warmers for $2.99 each.

I going to hit the Target on Barrington Rd tonight.

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Can I hire you to make the rounds here on the South End of town?

I haven't been in the stores too much lately...

3. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    I wish I had the time. I make the rounds once a week, if I'm lucky, and that only started about 3 weeks ago. I also seem to be off on the stock days, because I have YET to find any new figures. Well actually I did find a Durge/Speeder at TRU, and I got that, but otherwise nothing to speak of.

4. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    Oh I should mention, I am mainly only looking for small figures. If you want me to look for something specific I would be happy to keep an eye out for ya!

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hey, I work around you, since I just checked that same Walmart on Meacham yesterday during lunch. That one has been pretty dry. No Deluxe figures to speak of ever. :(
    Be sure to check out the Collecting Club Thread, it's kinda of huge right now, but we have a lot of fun talking about toys.

6. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I would highly recommend that you check out this thread:

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001703;p=8#000253

There is no better place for finding out what's available at retail in the Chicagoland area.

7. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    Ooohhhhhh Thanks for the heads up! I might have to travel a little farther from home this weekend! Let's just hope the wife will let me....

8. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    Well I got everything I was looking for this weekend! I did have to snag a super posable Clone Trooper from someones stash, but I left one so I don't feel bad. I officially gave up any hope of finding the McQuarrie Stormtrooper though so I got one off ebay at a reasonable price. So now I just have to find other figures to hunt for....

9. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Being 2 minutes from the Target on Barrington, I can tell you now that that store is the worst on SW toy stock. Only second to the Wal-Mart down the street, which had a total of 4 figures on the pegs yesterday.

10. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    Yea the same with the one on Higgins. The place that I made out the best was the Wal-Mart on Rand Rd and Central, in Mt. Prospect. As well as the Wal-Mart near the intersection of Algonquin and Golf Rd.

11. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    you guys have pegs up North?

gee....Southside doesn't even have pegs to warm....

8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.