main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN What theater in Nashville would you most like to see Episode II in opening night?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, May 10, 2001.

?

What theater in Nashville would you most like to see Episode II in opening night?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Carmike Cinemas Thoroughbred 20 (Cool Springs)

52.9%
  2. Regal Cinemas Hollywood 27 (Royal Oaks)

29.4%
  3. Regal Cinemas Nippers Corner 10 (Old Hickory Blvd.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Regal Cinemas Bellevue 12 (HWY 70)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Regal Cinemas Opry Mills 20

5.9%
  6. Regal Cinemas Green Hills Commons 16

11.8%
  7. Carmike Cinemas Belle Forge 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Carmike Cinemas Wynnsong 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
  2. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey k kanos, how did you get that icon? :)

3. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Its on page 2 of the icons. They also said that there are more to come (perhaps a Royal Guard :D ).

This is a running poll that we can keep track of until a month out before tickets go on sale. The theater that we decide to go see Episode II at will have to allow us to camp out overnight or it is all for naught. Hollywood 27 at 100 Oaks mall was really great in allowing us to camp out and use their restroom facilities for Episode I.

Please factor in to your vote the following:

Stadium seating
    Great surround sound (THX, DTS etc...)
    Location (Accessable for most- ie Hwy 65
    Large awnings preferred in case of inclement weather(H27 and Thouroughbred both have them)
    Nearby food places and places with restrooms

For example:

H27 has a McDonalds,Amoco (long walk) & a Waffle house down the road- driving distance

Thouroughbread20 has a McDonalds,Chick-fille,Jack n the box, Starbucks, Atlanta Bread Company, Haris Teeter, & an Exon gas station all within WALKING distance)

4. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I voted for Thoroughbred simply b/c I think H27 is going downhill. The last time I went to the movies there, the atmosphere (type of people) weren't all too pleasing. Just my $.02. :D

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    True, but I can get the "police discount" at H27. Don't know if they'll let me do that for E2, though. ;)

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    At least not on opening night.

7. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Good point. Is that for "one" ticket or a "family?" [face_mischief]

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    They ask each person for a badge. So no, you cannot be my "brother" for the night.

9. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Shucks! LOL

I would gladly pay $20 to see Star Wars opening night, as I am sure most people would anyway.

:D

10. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Aw, man.... I wish I could come home to Nashville to see EP2. I'll feel like such a traitor watching it here in the Lone Death Star State.

From everything Kir Kanos has said, I think the Thoroughbred sounds great. And the practicality of having so many places to grab something to eat within easy walking distance sure helps.

Another practical matter to consider.... is there a large covered area at Thoroughbred under which you'd be protected from the elements during an extended wait? That surely helped at H27.

Down to one year and one week... EP2 will be here before we know it!

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    If you ever plan to be in the area, let us know. We'll try to have a "welcome home" party or something. ;)

12. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I'm gonna hold you to that, Hama. LOL!

Actually, my current plan (although just under a year out) is to swing through Nashville for a day or two on my way back from the Celebration in Indianapolis. I wish that would correlate with either lining up for tickets or the actual premiere so I could make an extended Star Wars vacation of it, but no such luck.

Speaking of, we should have a little gathering in Indianapolis of FanForce reps from the Lone Death Star State and the Stormtrooper Volunteer State. I'll be there with a group from Texas, and we'll be linking up with a group from the Mann's Chinese line in Los Angeles that we hung out with at the last Celebration.

And speaking of that... any Tennessee folks planning on making the trip out to LA for the month-long lineup at Mann's?

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    No one that I've heard of from here. Of course, if you're planning to stop by on the way to Indy, you're welcome to ride or caravan with us, since we will most certainly be making a trip.

14. Keon_Ulic

Keon_Ulic Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    I would have to agree with you. I saw Episode 1, there first night, first show. And it was the best. We camped out, everyone was having fun. No one getting mad for this reason or that.. I thought it was great! I say Hollywood 27 all the way.. LIGHTSABER FIGHTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

15. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Nice to hear from you, Keon_Ulic.

We'll wait to see how the poll turns out as we get closer to the premiere. If we find that H27 is more centralized for everyone, then we'll go that. Although, having many fast food joints around like Thoroughbred's in Franklin is nice as well. Time will tell!

By the way, where exactly do you live?

16. zmgba

zmgba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2001
    I voted for Thoroughbread because it is less then 10 min. from my house and I might have some Chick Fil'A connections ;)

Now, when exactly is Episode 2 coming out? Summer next year or spring?

I hope Summer so I don't have to "mysteriously" get sick :) It is hard to fool the school officals. Though I'm sure I can learn from "Ferris Bulers(sp?)Day Out"

Edit: Spelling

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Oooo... Chick Fil'A Connections! I like this guy already! :D

And I think it's opening on Memorial Day weekend, 2002.

18. zmgba

zmgba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2001
    Well my best friend will be working at the stand-alone CFA (Chick Fil'A) during the school year so he may help us out.

Also, my good friend, his dad owns the CFA in the mall, and I maybe the stand-alone. I will go find out :)

Oh and if we want to get SW toys, my Uncle works at Target and he gives me his discount (10%)

19. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    i chose the opry mills therater if i don't catch it there i promised my little cousin we would see it somewhere it may be in cookeville or mcminnville, episode two will be released on may 25,2002

20. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I haven't been there, but I heard it's a great theater. The only problem is that I hear it's in the Mall there and they definitely won't be allowing people to line up over night in the mall. :(

By the way, anyone hear about the latest crime spree at the H27? They just caught the guys fortunately. 20 cars were stolen within a few week period. When we lined up there we didn't have any problems, but it's not what one would call a relatively crime free zone ;)

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yeah, that's in my sector (although it's in a separate district within the sector). They had a sting operation set up to catch the guys responsible. I don't know if it was related to the break-ins around the Hickory Hollow mall or not.

22. RedZot

RedZot Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2001
    have you guys even thought about the IMAX?

23. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    We definately have to go to the Thorobred. Ichecked that place out the other day. Holy %$#@!!! that place is nice. 3 concession stands, a fountain in the front, a great place to pitch a tent.

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I wouldn't plan on pitching a tent, but there are covered walkways on both sides of the entrance which may come in handy in case of inclement weather. At the H27 people brought out inflatable matresses, and some people even brought cots. We didn't get much sleep anyway (3 hours). It will all really come down to whether or not the Thorougbred's management will allow us to "loiter" over night. I live in the apartment complex almost right across the street from it, so I'm planning on discussing it with their manager about a month out (no sense on discussing it earlier). I also think that Hama's profession will come in handy as a bonus if they are hesitant due to security reasons. ;)

25. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Heh. Just don't tell them I'm out of my county of jurisdiction. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.