main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Teaser/Trailer Thread- What do you expect to see? Teaser Date Announcement! pg126

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by WannaBuySomeDeathSticks, May 31, 2014.

?

With which theatrical movie will we see our first Ep VII trailer?

1. The hobbit: Battle of five armies

105 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

101 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Jurassic World

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. Fantastic Four

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Terminator: Genesis

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Ant-Man

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt. 2

19 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Other: specify

34 vote(s)
    12.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    You think Avengers will be a bigger movie than Ep:VII?

2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Nooooooooooooooooo!

3. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Teaser might be attached to The Hobbit, however if Disney wants to keep it attached to another film around that point it may be with Big Hero 6.

4. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014

I do. The first one made about 1.5 billion dollars, but then again the old cast and more OT feel could be a pretty big deal to mainstream audience members. EPVII could be bigger than Age of Ultron but that's not my prediction.

Dewback likes this.
  5. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    We`ll just have to see how hot Star Wars actually is nowdays...

Death_Jar_Jar likes this.
  6. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Comingsoon.net recently held a poll of which 2015 film is the most anticipated. Age of Ultron was the clear front runner. It may not have been scientific but it maintained a 2%-4% lead over Star Wars consistently throughout its data gathering. Star Wars isn't the only game in town anymore, and believe it or not, some people just aren't as excited about it as we are.

Death_Jar_Jar and Artoo-Dion like this.
  7. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Avengers is a serious contender. Nothing ever hit the boxoffice like they did recently. Nevertheless, having two such huge hits in the same year will make 2015 simply awesome.

DL44Jo and Dewback like this.
  8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I hope they don't pull this on us again.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Same.

vinsanity likes this.
  10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

2-4% back is not bad considering how bad the PT was and how Avengers already had a wildly successful first movie.

That said the trailer is coming with Avengers: Age of Ultron, its most likely to be Disney's biggest release so it just makes sense.

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It certainly won't be the hobbit. No way Disney puts the first ever trailer for their most important film in front of a competitors film. It'll be in front of their own property. IF it's this year, it'll probably be Big Hero 6. I'd place bets on Avengers though. It'll be an incredibly HUGE film with lots of exposure, right at May the 4th. We'll have a teaser by then.

The Super Bowl hasn't been treated as important for trailers/commercials in the last few years. Everything has been online days in advance, so I doubt Disney will go with that. Especially since it's NBC airing it this year, and not the disney owned ABC.

12. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    EPISODE ONE's first trailer was first attached to the movie Meet Joe Black. I'm glad I wasn't interested in either one of those because it led to me deciding to be spoiler-free by May 19th.
    Things are different now; a trailer will get more attention online than in a theater. The time to debut trailers for end-of-the-year movies is kind of tricky. Put them out too soon, and they will get bogged down by the summer movies. Maybe the best early release is an end of June/July 4th release. That way people have already seen the heavy advertising for what's coming out in the summer and they already know what to expect. Now they're in a position to look forward to Christmas time.

13. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    My vote for the first official teaser is for Disney's upcoming live action Cinderella film, releasing March 13 2013. That's almost exactly nine months prior to the films release, which is exactly the time most studios release the first teaser for a major blockbuster. Avengers 2 could see the release of the first full length trailer, but i'm actually betting they'll save that for Tomorrowland, a major film from Brad Bird that releases three weeks after Avengers and will definitely need the hype that a Star Wars trailer could provide.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  14. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I think we'll get the teaser trailer during the Hobbit and the main Trailer during The Avengers.

15. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I've come to learn to think outside of the box for Star Wars trailers. A film like The Hobbit or Avengers may make most sense at first since the films certainly have similar demographics, but I don't think LFL/Disney is looking to hit that demographic with the trailer in theaters. They know that demographic will stream the trailer a thousand times online and maybe even pay admission to any film to see the trailer on the big screen. They're more likely, as ManaByte suggested, to attach the trailers to films with slightly different demographics (either kids via a Pixar film, a demo that skews female with a film like Hunger Games, etc., etc.). They'll use the trailers to get people who otherwise wouldn't be interested in the film interested in the film. People going to see the Hobbit or Avengers are more likely to be interested regardless. Sure, trailers may still be attached to those films, but I'd guess they'll have already been attached to something else previously.

16. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    Teaser with the Hobbit. Trailer with the avengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I haven't seen a topic concerning this.
    I personally remember, as do a lot of you, that first teaser trailer for Episode III ten years ago. I remember it before The Incredibles. This got me thinking.. What film next year do you think will have the honor of showing the first teaser of Star Wars Episode VII? I'm personally going with the expected film - Avengers: Age of Ultron. But others of you may have different ideas.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's thread merge-a-riffic.

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I think we will see a (very short) teaser sooner rather than later, but I would bet that the first full trailer is attached to Avengers.

20. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    I bet the first trailer for Ep7 will be attached to Ep7. :p
    Mystery Box!

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    They're not doing theatrical teasers a year out any more except MAYBE some animations. But even there, I expected to see something for Inside Out in front of Maleficent.

Four months before MockingJay Part 1 and all we get is a ultra-short teaser/viral thing. Five months before Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies and absolutely nothing. I read that there won't even be a full trailer until October-TWO MONTHS before the movie comes out.

Avengers 2 had nothing this summer and likely won't. It is possible that there will be an Avengers 2 teaser in November or December. If there was something planned for GOTG, we would have heard it by now.

So, for SW? I'd say it is possible, but unlikely that we'll see anything until the SW Celebration in April. That would be a great time for something. Then MAYBE something in front of Avengers 2, but more likely a little longer teaser/trailer at Comic Con 2015.

22. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Trailers really aren't attached to specific movies anymore with the way they're released online in advance of their release in theaters.

If I'm Disney, I make the release an event that is available to everyone at the same time. I air the trailer on very network owned by Disney at the same time and then make it available online shortly after.

Vicious Jedi likes this.
  23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    As for the earlier discussion about avengers 2 vs. E7, I could see Avengers taking the top dollar spot for the year, possibly... But as to the polls regarding which one people are more looking forward to, it may also have to do with what is known about each one. For Avengers, we know who the cast members are playing, we know who/what the villain is, we've been given concept art, we've seen actors in full costume, we've seen sets... Heck, at this point it makes sense people (outside of hardcore SW fans) aren't all that excited for Star Wars, comparatively. Disney hasn't started any kind of hype machine for Star Wars - in fact, it often feels like they have actively tamped down the interest. (Yes, I realize it is part of how they are choosing to market this and they want it to be huge when they *do* start the hype steamroller...) For all the average fan knows at this point, it could be Luke versus an army of intergalactic hippie clowns. Of course they are more excited about Ultron...

24. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    What if... there wasn't a trailer. :eek:

I know it's highly unlikely, but I do think it would be kind of awesome if they opted not to release one. Thus raising hype and speculation to unbearable levels for the release, when everyone has to pile into the theatres to find out what the story is.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In a weird way, I agree that would be kind of cool and refreshing. No long trailer at all, but maybe one teaser and one TV spot that literally just have the space background and say "Star Wars Episode VII: ___________.... coming December 18th, 2015", while the main SW theme plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.