main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Teaser/Trailer Thread- What do you expect to see? Teaser Date Announcement! pg126

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by WannaBuySomeDeathSticks, May 31, 2014.

?

With which theatrical movie will we see our first Ep VII trailer?

1. The hobbit: Battle of five armies

105 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

101 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Jurassic World

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. Fantastic Four

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Terminator: Genesis

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Ant-Man

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt. 2

19 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Other: specify

34 vote(s)
    12.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Will Disney be more likely to place the trailer in one of their popular movies or one that could use the buzz

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I think both. That is why I think that GotG will be the one to get the title teaser. New franchise in their Marvel-verse... Appears to be the type of movie that Star Wars fans would go see. The trailer will put butts in seats alone. I saw The Waterboy with the Seattle Star Wars Society just to see the Ep1 trailer (ended up loving The Waterboy too). I think it would be a great way to help promote their new sci-fi/Marvel franchise.

3. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I'll go with The hobbit: Battle of five armies for the EP7 Teaser.

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Meet Joe Black

*the oldtimers will get that one

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    How possible would it be to get the first teaser in December? Would that give the filmmakers and ILM enough time to put something together?

6. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Honestly, who could know the answer to this question? But, Marvel were able to show a full trailer of Avengers 2 supposedly with a lot of special effects shots, so I suppose it's possible. [face_dunno]

7. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It's possible I suppose. If so, it will probably be something short and simple and which will do literally that... tease, and nothing more. They've done a fair bit of filming already and ILM will've been working on effects for some time now, so there will be stuff ready by then I'm sure if they intend to give us anything.

At least one can hope!

Vicious Jedi likes this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm doubtful, to be honest. I'm thinking they may wait to do a big reveal of the first trailer at Celebration next year.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  9. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    Possible that we could get a 10 second trailer in December, but I'm thinking May 4th 2015 might be the day for the teaser or full trailer...

10. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    My guess would be at Comic-Con or May the 4th

11. Gorkom

Gorkom Jedi Knight

Aug 15, 2014
    Im hoping for something sooner rather than later, all these rumors aren't doing much for me. I need imagery

Vicious Jedi and TheBBP like this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I don't care if you are being realistic... Don't talk like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

13. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    My wishlist would have the first tease during the premier of Rebels next month. Disney loves to cross promote stuff....but I know it probably won't happen.

14. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    If there is a teaser, it will probably look like this...with the Star Wars logo or some obscure image with dialogue in the background (obviously featuring the voice of the main villain during the preview)

The Dark Knight Teaser (released in July 2007, while the movie came out in July 2008)

)

The Dark Knight Rises Teaser (released in July 2011, while the movie came out in July 2012)

Vicious Jedi likes this.
  15. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    If I was the gambling type, I would bet money that we won't have to wait past this next Christmas to see the teaser and that is just under 4 months away...

[​IMG]

16. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Would love to see a teaser in December. But I don't think they'll put it out before Celebration or May the 4th.

17. Darth_Dru

Darth_Dru Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2001
    Seeing how JJ dropped a teaser for his first trek film almost a year out, and it didn't have any actual movie footage I think we will get one with the December films. Maybe attached to the final hobbit movie.

18. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    Gotten so tired of saying this ive given ot a one per site limit

DISNEY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MAY 4TH

the first trailer will be in December because everyone is doing teasers for big films a year in advance now

Darth_Dru likes this.
  19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Feeling a bit dumb right now. What's May 4th got to do with anything?

20. Darth_Dru

Darth_Dru Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2001
    It's considered "star wars" day. May the 4th be with you is the slogan.

TheBBP likes this.
  21. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Alot of the Bad Robot teasers (ie Cloverfield, Super 8, Star Trek 1) were the announcement of the films. I thought those were all really cool teaser trailers, even that "S" book JJ put out had a freakin cool teaser trailer. But since VII is already announced I doubt we'll be getting a non-footage trailer. I hope they dont go the Crystal Skull route and recycle old trilogy footage. I also dont love the highly praised Phantom trailer that tells the plot of the movie. I sincerely think they may have the balls to harken back to the now absurdist original Star Wars trailer, and I think that'd be cool.

Darth_Dru likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It'll be with the December films or May 4th or Comic-con next year or Celebration or Avengers. Yeah, definitely one of those. Or you know some other time. ;)

DarthBreezy and HugoWanKenobi like this.
  23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Look at what's going on with the third Hobbit and Hunger Games movies.

Short teasers 4 months before their release and it's been reported that the first regular trailer for Hobbit3 will be out in October, TWO MONTHS before the movie's release.

It's now 3 months before the release of the third Hunger Games movie and still no major trailer.

The trend is to release teasers and trailers MUCH later.

I'd say if we're lucky, we'll get a VERY short teaser (but with no action) in April at Celebration and MAYBE a one minute teaser at Comic Con next year.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is more than within their ability to release a teaser by Christmas. Whether that has any bearing on their actual planned advert campaign is another question, entirely.

25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't expect to see one until spring/summer of next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.