main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I believe that the origin of the red saber is that red means something on Naboo, leading Palpatine to give the Sith red sabers. I'd love this to somehow be mentioned. I'd also love the Sith having ruled the galaxy and what happened to them 1000 years ago to be explained.

3. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I would like to see a movie version, maybe.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I went with Sith history, Training and a New Order.

History: We can easily get an intriguing glimpse into Sith history throughout the three ST films, gaining some interesting "movie canon" facts while at the same time not wasting too much time on lengthy exposition. I would prefer if an in-depth look at the Sith history were to take place in a spin off or a separate trilogy. If the ST focuses on the more "abstract" aspects of the Force, it gives us a perfect opportunity to gain a glimpse into the history of not only Sith, but other Force using orders as well.

Training: This I also want to see very much. We've seen a bit of Jedi training at various ages, but all we've seen from the Sith point of view is the temptation and the fall itself. It would be very interesting to see a scene that would contrast Luke's training in ESB with a Sith training part of the movie. Really hope we get to see this at one point in ST.

New Order: I think this is a must have, if we're gonna meet the Sith again. Sith are far more adaptive and flexible than the dogmatic Jedi Order. It is in their very nature to change and try and find a most effective system to rule their Order that works best in the times they are currently living in. While it has been prominently featured in EU material, I think a Sith Army or a vast New Sith Order would be a very interesting thing to actually see on the big screen.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I would hate that. In the Battle of Geonosis, I didn't care for any of the Jedi. Armies tend to be at the expense of characters I care about.

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I went with history, temple, army and training. If the Sith are to return, I'd really like to see them in legion (primarily because we've always seen them in two's) and their subsequent processes and procedures.

Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Good thread!

Probably should've had an "All of the above" option because, well, I voted for all of the above. Give me massive amounts of Sith awesomeness. I'd like to know more about the Sith and (in light of the new rumors) I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of the Dark Side.

Note about the red saber though, from what little nI know of the EU the red crystal is synthetic.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I would like to know why the Sith always seem to have poor oral hygiene. Darth Maul, older Uncle Paply, older Anakin (RotJ mask removal)... Why oh why, with all of their technology can't they find a way to brush their teeth?

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    They're all British aren't they?!

[​IMG]

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My wants are pretty simple really. I just want to see some new dark side powers other then Force lightning. I thought Darth Zannah's Sith magic in the Bane novels was very interesting and I could see something like that working well in the films. This goes for the Jedi too. Just give us more variety in Force powers.

11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Slippery slope though. Let's not get too carried away. I don't want to see any Force Flying for example.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see some Sith witches. I really thought Asajj Ventress would've made a much better apprentice than Tyrannus in ROTS.

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I believe the Sith are actually the most interesting thing about Star Wars. So please explore all of the above in the first 15 minutes of the film. Thanks, JJ.

Also: I would like to see the Sith explored not as evil archetypes or caricatures, but as a well-meaning order with a valid POV that's different from the Jedi.

13. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I know. I tried to add it after the fact.

I wish I had thought to add other Dark Force Users.

14. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    MODified: This is why you have an Edit button.

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'd definitely love to learn more about the Sith and their history in the ST. If they are to rise again as antagonists of the new trilogy, I think it'll make sense to have a Sith Temple of some sort as their base of operations. Sith training is also something I'd love to see onscreen. We had a small glimpse of this in the TCW episode Witches of the Mist, when Count Dooku trains Savage Opress to be a Sith apprentice, thinking that together they could become powerful enough to overthrow Darth Sidious himself. The training in question emphasized tapping into one's hatred in order to perform Force feats, in stark contrast to Yoda's peaceful training of Luke in TESB. Dooku blasts Savage with Force Lightning to feed the latter's rage, and this eventually allows Opress to lift large blocks of stone using the Force. Finally, I'd love to see more than two Sith onscreen if possible, doing away with the Rule of Two and having greater numbers with which to terrorize the galaxy and oppose the New Jedi Order.

This is an interesting sentiment. While I don't think the Sith should ever be portrayed as sympathetic, I do think that the ST should explore the tenets of the Sith Code, and show us their philosophy and why they believe it to be superior to the Jedi. Perhaps emphasis on their extreme form of social Darwinism. You the viewer can then get a more objective perspective on the differences between the Jedi and the Sith.

There is great contrast between the Sith and the Jedi. The Jedi want to follow the will of the Force, swimming and floating serenely in its currents. The Sith want to dominate the Force, bend it to their will, such that they can accomplish their nefarious goals.

Contrasting the two creeds:

The Jedi Code:
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

The Sith Code:
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

16. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I always hated the limiting Rule of Two. Why did Lucas paint himself into a corner. Secret Apprentice crud, blah! Made up as an excuse for the EU & Animated shows. It just proved you need more Sith or Saber fighters for the Jedi to duel with.

I always liked the old Ralph McQuarie art with the Stormtroopers with Sabers & Shields. Maybe not as skilled as Jedi or Sith but still able to weld a saber & using a defensive saber proof shield. The Saber was a common weapon in Lucas's original screenplays.

rdhight, Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  17. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    MODified: this is why you have an Edit button.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    He didn't paint himself into a corner at all.

I'd love an explanation of what a Sith is. I've heard a lot of confusion surrounding that.

kainee, mes520 and Echo-07 like this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Wow! Love this post! Very well said.

I'm your opposite here then. I loved the rule of two because it was logically reasonable. One of the few EU things I read was a comic from the Old Republic called Sith vs Jedi. It explained why there was a Rule of Two -- the Sith, in their lust for power and dominance killed each other mercilessly. Masters could never trust apprentices. So not only did the Sith have Jedi as enemies, they had the Sith as enemies too. Very fascinating philosophy IMO. Very unique. Most stories have legions of bad guys, IE LOTR.

20. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I would like to see the Sith version of the "path to immortality" as Yoda calls it, or "to cheat death" as Sidious says. If Force immortality makes one "more powerful than you can possibly imagine," does that not sound like a power the Sith would covet?

I also voted for eliminating the rule of two - perhaps an upstart new Sith order springs up around the same time as a new Jedi order does.

21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Where did this come from?

I'm not an EU guy, but every EU Sith I have ever seen had red sabers, and surely that where pre-Palpenstien? No?

Dra--- likes this.
  22. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Good thread.
    The Sith are infinitely more interesting than the Jedi.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    My observations of Naboo in TPM as well a behind-the-scenes book on TPM.

24. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    It's not canon, and I generally don't like EU, but a lot of these answers are in the first Darth Bane novel. It would be hard to top some of the explanations therein.

The Rule of Two exists because Bane felt it was the only way to ensure only the strongest Sith would survive and lead the Sith to redemption. Basically...it might be a little more complex, I don't fully recall.

25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Rule of Two is also a huge irony. It's meant to be this logical tool for those who have no logic. Sure the Sith can use logic, but they are the least logical beings, other than manimals, that you can think of.

I hate the rule. It makes no sense to me. If these two Sith can refrain from killing each other in order to control the galaxy, then why can't four or four hundred? What makes these two so different from the 400? Bah.

Jedirush2112 and nld3 like this.