main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Couq-DK

Couq-DK Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2014

Well... that story to answer that particular question is now non-canon, eventhought Yoda tells the Bane illusion he created the rule of two in the final episode of TCW. Perhaps some light will be shred on this subject in some of the upcoming games/books we'll see :)

2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I suppose the "other" option is where we vote for

NOTHING?

I'd rather see that extra-galactic species that shall not be named as the villains than the Sith show up again.

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    ^^^ And no Jedi either I presume?

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think we saw in the PT that this is what the Jedi were like during this period (not lazy, but rigidly lightside). The Jedi repressed anything from their consciousness and ideology related to the darkside. Let's say they were 99% light (they still fought with lightsabers though, so let's call that their 1% dark, for the sake of a vivid example).

The result was that the Senate and Force became corrupted and they couldn't see it happening. If anything, this imbalance actually led to the darkside growing unchecked in the galaxy, and this darkness spread throughout all institutions until galactic war erupted.

By excluding anything from their vision that was dark, it gave the darkness power to grow unchecked. And this darkness eventually swallowed them up in war.

jedijax:
    The Sith needed time to grow strong and find their ways secretly into Republic institutions. This took time because the Republic was not always corrupt. But as institutions grew corrupt and the Jedi blind to the darkside, the Sith grew stronger and more successful at infiltration. Don't forget, the Sith were vastly outnumbered and had to keep their existence secret or else they'd easily be destroyed.

5. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I'd like to see Sith training, especially Sith experiments. A threat the galaxy, and thus the remaining Jedi, could face could be something quite different from stormtroopers or Death Stars: Sith creatures, Sith monsters. It may be contrived, but we've never actually seen a Jedi take on a Dark Side-enhanced/created creature. We've seen Jedi take on creatures (like the rancor in ROTJ and the other creatures in AOTC), but what if they had to deal with animals that hunted via the Force (like the creatures from Myrrk...can't spell them, sorry :p ).

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I want to see a new Sith Master learning how to become the most powerful Sith ever. Or even training a new apprentice.

Jedi Merkurian and TK327 like this.
  7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I want to see this new Sith Master trying to become the most powerful Sith ever, only to the smack down put on him by an even more powerful Sith that he thought was dead. Driver tries to become the baddest Sith of all time then along comes MVS to tell him he's nothing more then a punk with a bunch of really bad tattoos and that being Emo was old news ten years ago.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want MvS to have a wicked cool cane that he bops people with.

Dra--- and thisguyisnotajedi like this.
  9. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Yeah i would like to know why you have to be trained to be a sith. Yoda says things such as Fear leads to Hatred, hatred leads to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side or somethingn like that....if its that simple...then anyone with justin bieber's mentality would surely easily become a sith on a whim?...why do they NEED to be taught? Yoda just says its quicker and more seductive. It seems to me anyone with a mid-icallbs-clorian or force sensitivity can just be a total arse and blammo...hes a sith. So i suppose we know a lot of the inner workings of jedi and i guess an elaboration on sith techniques would be nice to know.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Origin.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000

[​IMG]

"Hallowed are the Ori"

:p

plaidphoenix likes this.
  12. Polydroxol

Polydroxol Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2014
    I hope we finally see at the very least, some real human qualities in the Sith. I don't think they should all be portrayed as such choir-boys and selfless servants all the time, it's just not realistic, even for science fiction. My main problem with the Prequel trilogy is that the "Sith" are really grevious Nobel-prize snubs who happen to have bought a lot of black and red items on clearance at the fabric store, toy store and in one important case, the paint store. ( $3 for two cloaks worth? You would dress that way too!) The decision not to award them the Knighthood was such a serious error, one of the poor fellows was named "General Grevious" so this gross oversight would not be soon forgotten. Seriously, almost all Jedi get knighted and for what? Have they even been to Britain?...

You see my point. The Sith are just too friendly, self-sacrificing and affectionate to make them anyone you wouldn't want your child to marry, let alone someone you wouldn't want to rule the galaxy.

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Adding to this discussion, I'd love to see more ancient Sith rituals. TCW canonized an aspect of ancient Sith sorcery when Sidious and Tyranus performed a Sith ritual on Coruscant in the episode Sacrifice, with the intention of utilizing Dooku's connection to his former Master to conjure up a lucid vision to ensnare Yoda. Specifically, Sidious performed a ritual using some of his apprentice's own blood (not unlike Harry Potter and the rebirth of Voldemort), and even uttered an incantation in the ancient Sith language (now called "Balc" tongue, click link for audio):

"Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Jiaasjen Jidai, jiassjen Jidai!"

Blackest shadow-born flung spears! Blackest shadow-born flung spears! Integrating the shadow Jedi, integrating the shadow Jedi!
    What's particularly exciting about this is not only because this is the first time we see in onscreen SW an ancient Sith ritual, exploring more esoteric aspects of the dark side that weren't shown in the films. For example the "Sutta Chwituskak" or the "Bolt of Hatred", mentioned in Book of Sith, was first introduced in the Tales of the Jedi comics. It's pretty cool that these Sith "spells" were partly introduced into canon thanks to TCW, and I could see them perhaps utilizing other known Sith sorcery and rituals from Book of Sith to the ST. For example, if Max von Sydow plays an aged disciple of Palpatine, perhaps he'd have knowledge of these spells and chant ancient Sith incantations in the Balc tongue. One of the coolest Sith sorceries is the "Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut", or "Reanimate Dead", a skill by which a Sith Lord can reanimate the freshly dead to fight for them...a form of necromancy, not unlike what the Nightsisters were able to call forth in the TCW episode Massacre, when the aged Old Daka reanimated hordes of long-deceased Nightsisters.

Other things I'd like to see are Sithspawned creatures, as was already mentioned by PCCViking. An example of a Sith creature would be a terentatek, first introduced in the Knights of the Old Republic game as guardians of dark side tombs, like the ones on Korriban/Moraband, and familiar to those who've played SWTOR. This creature was introduced to canon in the TCW episode Destiny, where a vision of Dooku notes that Yoda once fought off a terentatek on Kashyyyk. A dark side-empowered beast or demon, like a Leviathan, would be awesome to behold on screen!

Redimet, Dra--- and Iron_lord like this.
  14. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    It looks as if Episode 7 will have Sith based villains. The rumor is the Inquisitors will be the new bad guys and there's also the rumor Luke turns to the Dark Side.

There are arguments for and against continuing with the Sith or some Sith type new villains. The most compelling reason: the SW universe is about the battle for the force - good vs evil.

Luke and his pals represent the good the Sith.

Empire and their allies represent evil.

If you abandon the entire Sith based concept and Luke doesn't turn bad (!) then Luke hasn't got much to fight against. The entire SW universe might lose the very qualities that made it so iconic, mythical and popular with movie goers.

The counter argument: it's time for a change. A new villain leading a new organization/religion/army etc. A good example is the Star Trek movie franchise. The original Star Trek movies weren't just Kirk and co vs the Klingons. They had other aliens. In one movie Spock's brother steals the Enterprise in an attempt to find God. Star Trek fans know the Klingons are the Trek equivalent of the Sith but Star Trek's movie makers knew the franchise had to move on from Klingons. The Klingons were never killed off but they didn't pop up every movie to. Arguably the greatest Star Trek movie of them all - The Wrath of Khan - featured no Klingons. Star Wars Episode 7 could do its own version of The Wrath of Khan - introduce some new villain to threaten the heroes and their way of life.

However, there is a third way which JJ Abrams and Disney may not have considered! You could forget about the Sith in Episodes 7 and 8. They're hardly mentioned. Ep 7 establishes the post ROTJ SW universe and we're told - via a character or in the opening text crawl - the Sith Empire is gone. You could have Luke say

"We live in a new era - the Sith are dead."

But... I think there is a way to bring back the Sith and still keep the new villain. Accepting the EU universe and the SW movie universe are not the same, the idea - the third way - would be something like this:

New villain in Episodes 7 and 8. The villain is a major threat to the new republic/heroes. The villain is not a minor threat like Jabba the Hutt. The new villain would have to have access to huge starships, robots, perhaps rule a planet - something like that. He/she/it is a major power in the new SW universe.

The Sith are reintroduced as follows...

The Sith home world - possibly named Sith (the idea being the Sith got their name from the planet) - is found. The Republic never knew its location and it was never mentioned in any of the previous episodes. The villain discovers the location of the Sith home world, travels to it. The villain discovers the Palace of the Sith - the place where the Sith first rose to power and where their followers worshiped them. Within the Palace there is a tomb. Inside the tomb are two Sith Lords. They were preserved (similar to what Egyptians did to their Pharaohs - but in the SW universe the process is more mystical or sci-fi based.) The villain uses advanced alien technology to remove the Sith from their long slumber. However, in a story twist, the villain doesn't work with the Sith, he captures them and threatens them with unspeakable levels of torture if they don't reveal all the secrets of the dark side. They refuse. The villain tortures them.

The heroes - led by Luke - are informed of activity on a remote planet. They believe it's the main villain. At the end of episode 8 he escaped capture. The heroes believe the villain is attempting to create a new army in one last attempt to strike back at the heroes. Luke and the full army of the new republic (ideally it should be rebranded and restructed) go to the Sith planet. There is a big battle. During the attack on the Palace the two Sith Lords break free from their prison containment fields. Luke encounters them. They try to force him to the Dark Side and we have some flashbacks to Vader and Sideous.

I believe an approach like this would be a good compromise. Episodes 7 and 8 show the battle against the new villain and in episode 9 the villain tries to use the Sith against the heroes. This plot development reintroduces the Sith so we get to see the conclusion of the Luke vs the Sith plot. And as these Sith are two of the original Sith from 1000s of years ago they're super powerful. The stakes are very high.

Episodes 7 would require Disney/Lucafilm to accept there are no Sith based villains and all marketing of the episode would make it clear: there's a new villain. The movie would be hyped on the new villain in the hope of making fans get used to an all-new villain in the SW universe. Clearly a lot of fans expect/want to see the return of the Sith - the continuing battle between the the good and dark side - the battle for the force - but some elements of that would not be evident in the new episode. The new villain could possess the power of the force - there are plot ways to do that - but he wouldn't be a Sith Lord. The marketing would make it clear this is a new threat, a new villain for a new Star Wars era.

Mav Edit: I'm merging this with the previous thread on the Sith and how they could be in E7.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If Star Trek's Klingons are the Sith equivalent- then maybe, a la The Undiscovered Country, the plot could be about the two factions- Sith and Jedi- striking a truce, making a peace treaty, etc with the villains wanting them to stay at war.

16. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    Yeah, that could work. Nice idea! I'm sure there are ways of pushing the Sith threat back a little - it's not the main threat. As you say, a truce scenario. There could be a twist (kinda!) and the Sith go back on the truce and at the end of an episode they revert back to their evil ways:

:)

There are possibilities beyond the basic "Sith are back, Skywalker must die!" scenario - which we may get in Episode 7. I dunno, Ep 7 may be a radical departure and do something really different to what's come before, but Disney is a major studio wanting to protect its new SW investment, perhaps being radical doesn't come naturally to them! :D

17. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Please no. Now jedi sith truce. Those plots never seem to work well, and it cheapens the clear ideal differences between the two factions. They cannot even attempt to exist, nor should they try.

Dra--- and El Jedi Colombiano like this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We need the history and, more importantly, the significance of the red blade.

19. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The Rule of Two didn't fail, as you state in the poll. It was a complete success. It is the reason that the Sith survived, destroyed he didm;t the Jedi and conquered the GFFA.

The reason the Sith ultimately were defeated is because they weren't able to kill all the Jedi.

As the question of elements of the Sith in Episode VII - none. The Sith are destroyed and I'd rather see something new - just Dark Siders or a new cult of Dark Siders.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The with did some pretty evil things but people don't think what there doing is evil so I would like to see that.

21. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I was able to care about the Rebels throughout the OT battles. It all depends on how it's done. If you care about the story and the stakes involved, you'll care more for the extras fighting for those stakes, especially if they develop them a bit. Give them a bit of personality, show them struggling and being heroic. Passion, baby. :D

Although they could've been portrayed better overall, I also cared about the stormtroopers.

22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I want to see a Lightsaber Duel in an ancient Sith Temple. :cool:

We have seen the Jedi Temple in the PT. Now I want to see how the other side lives. [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_pumpkin]

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see the famous Sith Lobby Lounge.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Boxers or Briefs

25. DarthBigfoot

DarthBigfoot Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2013
    I'd like to see Adam Drivers Character (who we assume is the bad guy) explore some type of sith homeworld in order to gain information on becoming a force sensitive user. This would make sense considering there are no dark side users left in the galaxy (or so we've been told from the ending of ROTJ) and would allow him to slowly become more and more powerful throughout Episode 7.

I'd also like to see a similar scene to Luke's revelation in the cave in Dagobah with one of our new characters. Perhaps this could become THE test all Jedi's have had to face before coming a true Force user. It would also tie in the OT nicely with the new films.