main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    I think the history of the Sith should be left alone besides the Rule of Two, all you need to do is explain why it was put in place and then explain Darth Bane, etc..

However, I highly doubt that a J.J Abrams movie is going to do that, if any exposition at all, I dont see any history being explained at all beyond the recent events themselves such as the Clone Wars, etc...

2. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    According to Lucas it seems that way.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Last time the Sith went "extinct", they waited 1000 years before re-emerging. Why wouldn't they wait another 1000 years before emerging again? (unless Luke looks for and finds them?)

Nenim Chela likes this.
  4. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    The 'Sith' is merely a title gained by recognition, however the Sith are not the Dark Side and we have seen Dark Jedi actively hunt Sith for revenge, I don't see them hiding again because 'Papa-dapa-palpatine' was an excellent example of a Sith that got so powerful that no matter if he was very wise or very patient, no matter what traits he had, he was still prone to massive amounts of over-confidence and paid for it.

1,000 years of patient, training and preparation and the mighty Darth Sidious fell for the oldest trap in the Dark Side's book, over-confidence mixed with arrogance.

5. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    A little more non-EU insight into the mystery surrounding the Sith wouldn't hurt. What is the Sith exactly and what makes it a distinct form of evil, according to GL, J.J., and Co.?

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Inquisitor character seems to suggest an end to the Rule of Two after ROTS.

darklordoftech and LawJedi like this.
  7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Has he been confirmed as a Sith? The animated universe has no shortage of non-Sith and pseudo-Sith.

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    To be fair, that's definitely not necessarily the case. For one thing, the Inquisitorius, along with the Emperor's Hands and legion of Dark Side Adepts, where certainly not considered Sith. They might wield the power of the Dark Side and be trained in lightsaber and Force-based combat, but they do not possess the level of power and influence that a true Sith Lord under the Bane line would have. The Inquisitors were tasked with hunting down Jedi and are trained more to be agents and assassins as opposed to an actual Sith.

Now, in the ST, all bets are off that the Rule of Two would still be in place. If the Sith return, they will probably be in a different incarnation than that which we are familiar with from the films.

Jedi Merkurian and Dra--- like this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I disagree. If it's a different incarnation, why have Sith at all?

10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    The Inquisitor isn't a Sith per se, but an agent of the Inquisitorius. I posted a Wookiepedia entry on it which was fascinating. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here it is:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius

Interesting read.

LawJedi likes this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    So, semantics is going to work our way out of the Rule of Two?

Tell that to the Inquisitor when he begins to lust for more power and attempt to destroy Vader and/or Palps.

LawJedi and Echo-07 like this.
  12. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I posted this earlier but I could see the Inquisitors that still exist during the OT as being the ones to seize the opportunity (the void) created when Vader and Pals die. BC could be playing an Inquisitor who becomes a self proclaimed Sith Lord or something and out of revenge and lust for power picks up the mantle and makes war with the Rebel Alliance in E7.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Indeed. But semantics is really the only way the Rule of Two holds together anymore. Ventress is a non-Sith/Sith Potential/Dark Jedi/Nightsister whatever. Maul and Savage were basically a secondary attempt at a Sith Order of their own.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Exactly.

I think a fair counterargument against my point would be that the Inquisitors are so brainwashed that they don't really question their low position in the darkside user hierarchy. Maybe.

But this could also be a possible arc for an Inquisitor. Them realizing that with more training they could replace Vader or Sidious.

I think Sidious opens the door for this kind of problem the minute he strays from a strict interpretation of the Rule. That is, allowing any darksiders other than the two Sith to live or be trained at all.

Darth Archimage, Echo-07 and LawJedi like this.
  15. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Based on that Wook article, I'm wondering if part of the Inquisitor's arc is being a former Jedi who renounced the Order in the face of oblivion.

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Who knows, but the Inquisitor stuff adds a whole new dimension to the saga.

Also, it puts a whole new spin on Asajj Ventress and the fact that Vader and Dooku were training secret apprentices.

The Sith had the "Rule of Two" but the only ones who seem to have honored or adhered to that rule were the Jedi. Ironic. LOL [face_laugh]

Dra--- likes this.
  17. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, but you could argue that Sidious was always playing apprentices against once another. Anakin vs Dooku in ROTS. Luke v Vader in ROTJ. By its very nature, the Rule of Two implies a third party showing up to replace one or the other sub-par Sith. Sidious doesn't seem to be afraid of sticking his hand in the fire. He encourages the competition, the Sith social darwinism.

18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Good points!

I read Sith vs Jedi the comic mini-series and it explained that the Sith were a legion of warriors but they couldn't be trusted -- apprentices were constantly killing masters etc... Eventually, I think it was Bane that implemented the Rule of Two to keep order within the order. But of course they couldn't be trusted to obey the rule -- they're Sith -- and as someone already astutely pointed out their downfall is lust for power and selfishness. Sidious killed Plagueis. And as you said always was on the lookout for the new apprentice, get them before he gets got. LOL This is why I think in the ST we will see the void filled by all these acolytes, Inquisitors and Dark Jedi, all vying for control over the Empire and thus the galaxy. The Rule of Two will fall by the wayside, which is good because we could see all kinds of dynamics -- cults, duos, trios, teams of Sith wreaking havoc and causing chaos all over the galaxy.

Very excited by the possibilities.

Dra--- and LawJedi like this.
  19. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Well the coolest part of that Wook article is that the Inquisitors and their ilk took over the Jedi Temple. That's both fascinating and infuriating. It has to be addressed in Rebels and Ep 7.

Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    That is a great idea. Good drama.

I hope all of the Inquisitors don't look the same. Richness isn't created through sheer numbers, but variety.

Of course, I know what Lucas is suggesting with his droids, troopers, and clones: the faceless monologic of totalitarianism.

Still, I like the idea of a decadent empire choking to death on its own accidental variety produced by excess.

Circular Logic, LawJedi and Echo-07 like this.
  21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That was the point of my last post -- we'll see a whole variety of different Sith/Dark Jedi all with different looks and different levels of ability. IMO it will be like Mad Max in that we'll see all the Sith break loose and let their freak flags fly. It's gonna be a battle royal!

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I love the Mad Max/Road Warrior analogy.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    The Rule of Two has hindered writers for years. Its time to expand the universe & see who else could be practicing the Dark Side. To say that only two people at a time have a monopoly on the Dark Arts just seems odd.

Echo-07 and Dra--- like this.
  24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So if they're incorporating Inquisitors (yes!!!) what I would love to see is one (or more) of them get an inflated sense of their abilities and try to replace Vader. Lord Vader can then utterly curbstomp them through the Fourth Wall, all the while explaining to the upstart (and the audience) just what separates a Dark Jedi/Inquisitor/whatever from a Sith Lord [face_skull]

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I pretty much had this scenario in my head as soon as the Inquisitor was announced. It would be all too awesome.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.