main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things will we miss?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo-07, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    So, uh, where did all the Ewoks with blasters disappear to in a span of a year when RotJ started? :confused:

I mean if I was Emperor and I found out Ewoks had modern tech or Velocraptor could open doors, as an evil Empire Id blast them to dust from orbit to be on the safe side...

And how come Wicket forgot to talk basic in one year too?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the idea was that they weren't talking in Basic in those movies- it's just translated for the convenience of the watcher.

We see an Ewok holding a blaster in RoTJ.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That is a good question. Unless the planet of Endor has some crazy rotation around its sun that seperates it from its moon, I always assumed the novel's explanation of what happened to it — that it was the victim of some catastrophic event many years in the past.

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The Essential Atlas took the approach that the novel writer (if the novel is taken as an in-universe account) was the victim of the Endor Moon Hoax- the planet was never destroyed in the first place.

This allows for the planet being in the Ewok movies, and avoids the issue of the fact that destroying the planet ought to have major effects on the moon as well.

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't know anything about the planet Endor. I was mainly referring to things like speaking basic (not quite sure I buy the translation explanation but I guess it has to do) and the fact that humans seem like a pretty new concept to them in ROTJ. Why didn't they try to eat Mace and Cyndil or their parents?

6. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think we will see tie fighters AND Stormtroopers.

I would like to see a story where some baddie out there has spent years gathering up the reminants of the old Empire in hopes to overthrow the New Republic.

In a sense, the roles in the ST are reversed to that of the OT - what's left of the Empire are now the 'rebels' and the New Republic are the rulers (much like the Empire was).

Echo-07 and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004

I caption this picture "Guess who's coming to dinner?".

As for what I'll miss most. Easy. I'm with Force Smuggler; The 20th Century Fox fanfare. I re-watched Star Wars and Jedi last week and both times when the fanfare kicked in I got goosebumps. It seems like a small thing, but it just won't be quite the same without it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe they will do the Force theme before the movie.

DarthRelaxus and Sarge like this.
  9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    My guess was that they only started eating stormtroopers after one or two stormtroopers attacked them, and eventually got killed by Ewok traps.

Apocalypse: Endor has an Imperial explain what happened- with us seeing it in flashback.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    20th Century Fox Fanfare, May Release Date

DarthRelaxus, Team Padme and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004

Hmmm, yeah that might work actually :D.

I'm sure this seemingly small detail isn't lost on the folks at Disney and that even now they're trying to come up with their own pre-opening crawl signature.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We never did learn the fate of Ice Cream Maker Guy. I wonder if he made it off Cloud City. I wonder if he ever got that Baskin Robbins franchise on Hoth he was always talking about. So many questions and they'll probably never be answered. :(

danmcken, DarthRelaxus and Echo-07 like this.
  13. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'll miss the sparkling dialogue, "I don't like sand". They had to go and get an Academy award winning word smith to write the first draft. Sigh. The glory days are over ;)

JediWheelz and TKT like this.
  14. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    My god that's creepy.

Vthuil, T-R- and Immortiss like this.
  15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It won't be SW without them.

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There will be Sith.

I wouldn't count the Imperial March out either.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Considering a lot of the Revenge of The Sith score had pieces of music from the original trilogy, I would assume that the ST soundtrack will contain a lot of motifs from previously heard music, as well. So I think we might get pieces of The Imperial March, Duel of The Fates, etc. It'd definitely make the ST feel more like Star Wars, for sure.

I'm going to miss Vader, for sure. Gonna also miss weirdos like "The Crying Rancor Handler", Bib Fortuna, Lobot, Salacious Crumb, etc.

I'll also miss Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, and Ewan McGregor. Gonna miss Yoda & Ki-Adi Mundi...

Gonna miss Jabba The Hutt too!

Also gonna miss those Jedi Council scenes on Coruscant, I always thought that was one of the coolest visuals ever.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The ST will definitely feel the loss of Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Sidious if they don't return. I hope the ST can find some room for all of them.

purplerain and Echo-07 like this.
  19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Not a chance that they put it in unless it is in direct reference to Vader. The Imperial March is and has always been the theme of Darth Vader. Whenever Anakin acted darkly in the PT (the acts that would lead to Vader, like the after Tusken slaughter), they would play a few notes of it; that is his signature tune.

JW is the man, the PT and OT soundtracks were classics, and I am betting the ST soundtrack will be of similar quality.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. DarthBellikose

DarthBellikose Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I hope the Falcon is in the ST. It was in the PT and OT's

and Star Destroyers. They've got to be in the ST...I hope

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. DarthBellikose

DarthBellikose Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    MODified: Your 'edit' button... I used it for you.

22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    What I will miss? The lack of cynicism and chronic skepticism among fanboys experienced pre-TPM

23. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    If Wicket keeps on scratching that same spot on her arm, it's just gonna chafe something awful... :p

dolphin and Barbecue17 like this.
  24. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Is he the youngest Star Wars (Original Trilogy) cast member?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    If we're discussing Warrick Davis, I'm going to say yes - at least among the major or supporting characters. There could have been a younger extra somewhere, but... [face_dunno]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.