main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things will we miss?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo-07, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I never really cared for Palpatine until ROTS -- EPIC! Now, I know you're really not supposed to like the bad guys but everyone else was pretty awesom to hate -- Vader, Stormtroopers, Jabba, Boba Fett, Bosskk etc.... But Palps wasn't really that menacing to me until ROTS in which he was elevated for me into uber-villain!

P U R E W I N !!!

2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Yoda. I really hope he's given a force ghost moment, so there is still hope there.

Palpatine. I cannot over express my love for Palpatine, who is so ridiculously underrated as THE true baddie of Star Wars and one of the best cinematic villains of all time. He will be sorely missed by this fan.

But I think the greatest thing I'll miss about the ST is the potential lost in having done them 15-20 years ago. I enjoy the PT, overall, and do not regret that it was made. But the ages of Carrie, Mark, and especially Harrison guarantee that the new films will not feature them nearly as prominently as they could even if they'd been started in the late 90s or even very early 00s. I have no problem with the baton being passed, as that is the nature of Star Wars, but I would have killed for just one more film heavily featuring Luke, Han, and Leia as the leads before the curtain fell.

This is one of those times where I wish George's universe was as geriatric friendly as Roddenberry's turned out to be.

Immortiss and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Can you explain this please? I used to be a huge Trekker. I will miss Obi-Wan, Tarkin, and Dooku. I really wish ageism would die. Just because the OT 3 aren't 30 anymore doesn't mean they couldn't still have a big part to play in the Saga yet if they chose. The universe isn't just 9-30, ya know.

I wonder if the SDs and Stormtroopers will disappear.

4. niel6658

niel6658 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2013
    I'll miss the following: Ben Kenobi (Sir Alec Guinness), Darth Vader and Executor. But hopefully we will se another Imperial Super Star Destroyer instead.

I also miss the original theatrical versions of the OT, the original ending of ROTJ was much easier to build a sequel upon.

5. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm just referring to the Star Trek film cycles. Even though the show in the 60s was about a relatively young cast of characters, the series aged with them by the time the films started. The OG Star Trek cast was middle aged when the FIRST ST film started, and the film series continued to feature them as the main characters all the way to part VI, where the cast is middle aged to elderly. By the time the baton was officially passed, even the newer cast was getting long in the tooth.

Star Wars isn't ageist, per say, but the SW way is to mostly relegate older characters to supporting roles, where as in the Star Trek franchise it's never been uncommon to find older characters still being used as leads.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    To me SW Is extremely ageist. I wish it was more like trek where age and experience is respected not thoughtless heroics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.