main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What things would you like to see in the EU that you would've liked to of seen more of in the LU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grievousdude, Apr 26, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Padme needed a novel from her pre-Anakin days. Her work in the Refugee Relief Movement, becoming a Queen and Senator at such a young age, maybe something about her family.

I can't imagine anything post-Anakin. Pages and pages of 'what's happening he's going darker how can I help".

So...pre-Anakin. Waaay pre-Anakin; I don't want to know what she saw in Clovis.

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    well, she was 14 when she met Anakin, so she'd have to be a preteen or very young teenager in those stories I dunno how people feel about that

I assume she knew Clovis between I and II when they were both in the senate. I mean it would basically have to be necessary I doubt she knew any senators when she was queen besides ol' scratch I mean palps.

Iron_lord and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    And let's skip over her years with that artist guy, too. :p

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I meant before she and Anakin reunited in AOTC.

That said, I actually liked Salvatore's take on the two of them in the novelization.

But...there was a lot more to Padme than her romance with Anakin, despite what Lucas tried to portray in ROTS.

And "the rest of the story" is what I'd like to see.

Interesting that Del Rey was not allowed to do anything with her. Was Lucas afraid someone might mess with the horrific whiny damsel-in-distress portrayal he had for her in ROTS?

Iron_lord and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I think it was more about not knowing what the status quo would be in Episode II.

Like how we're not going to see post-ROTJ stuff until after Episode VII is released, or shortly prior.

Once Episode II came out, Del Rey had their "Clone Wars Multimedia Project." They weren't going to do any pre-Episode II stuff.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Padme needs a post-ROTS novel where she is kind but sad and Leia commits it to memory.

Oh, wait.

7. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The EU such as it was, this wouldn't surprise me.

It would be kinda like in Scoundrels where Lando is mad at Han but they kiss and make up and then the novel ends with Han screwing Lando over again to maintain the status quo. The EU could TOTALLY resurrect Padme and explain Leia's comment! IT WOULD FIX EVERYTHING. Padme just needs to die at the end.

Vthuil, Revanfan1 and _Catherine_ like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It'll never happen. Del Rey couldn't possibly come up with anything more lame deeper and more symbolic than losing the will to live.

Revanfan1 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Maybe Leia was just visited by Padme the Ghost of Life Day Past Force ghost because she was totally Force-sensitive in ROTS.

10. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Maybe she regains the will to live, comes back to life, then loses it again?

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not enough grapes in the vineyards in California to make the wine I would need to get through that.

Riv_Shiel and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I guess they could just do a story about Paadme instead.

themetresgained, Vthuil and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Zombie Padme comes back to see the daughter she never knew.....on the STAR WARS HALLOWEEN SPECIAL.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Riv_Shiel and Vthuil like this.
  14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Star Wars zombies are fully canon, let's do this!!!

15. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    That massive gap in EU material about female SW characters who aren't Jedi? This is why I'm a fanfic junkie.

I'm forever grateful to the TFN fanfic archive for that very reason.

Abadacus likes this.
  16. ReeBoo

ReeBoo Jedi Knight

Apr 19, 2005
    How about a novel set on Yoda or maybe Chewbacca?

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

You're not getting my Maarek Stele and Vuffi Raa Visit the Power Mounds story anyway. The internetz won't be safe with that crap drifting into the wrong hands. Minds. Whatever.

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Vader's Black Squadron of TIE Pilots.

Darth_Pevra and MistrX like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Gorefiend and Iron_lord like this.
  20. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    I can see it now:
    Hair Apparent- The Untold Story of Yoda's Head Lice and Their Decades-Long Struggle for Freedom Against the Galaxy's Greatest Jedi!

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm not going to ask for any specific stories since whatever they talk about will eventually come out. What I do want to see in this new way of doing things are consistent stories that fit. From the movies to novels told in between, through the comics onto the video games, live action tv and animation. I want to know that if I pick up a book on the battle of crud valley (let just say) its as important as J.J. Episode 7 movie or TCW or the new Rebels series. Thats my biggest thing. I will always cherish Legends Universe, but their are a lot of gaps that the new way of doing things can do way better.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Republic equivalents of all the components of the Empire such as COMPOR and Internal Security Bureau. The fact that the Republic became the Empire is extremely important and should be reflected in canon.

23. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I want to see more redemption, specifically in the form of a villain that becomes a rival that becomes an ally. I think one of the problems that the Expanded Universe had was that it took Palpatine or the Sith to be the norm, but Palpatine is like the most evil guy ever. A character like Starkiller being the villain of a story and ultimately becoming a rival to Luke and then developing into an ally would have been interesting. Characters need to have motivations and most villains especially early on just had Palpatine's motivations. How about a character whose motivation for evil isn't mutually exclusive with his or her becoming a good guy down the line through a character arc?

24. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Redemption is for those who deserve it.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Separatist Parliament and Imperial Senate.