main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What things would you like to see in the EU that you would've liked to of seen more of in the LU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grievousdude, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Hmmm... I wanna say more stories with Female Protagonists. And more diversity in general (we all know about the Legacy Era Jedi Counil thing.)
    Female leads... Off the top of my head, Kerra, Lanoree, Leia in a couple books, the Jedi Exile (canonically)...
    That's about it. That I can think of, anyway. Lots of great female characters, sure... But almost all in stories with a (white) male protagnaist. I'd love to see the reverse more often in the NEU.
    Otherwise... Less Jedi and Sith. Let the cool normal people have their day. Pilots, Bounty Hunters, Bellboys, whoever.

2. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Aren't they all weird aliens from the prequel era?

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    That's the Legacy comics. What's probably being referred to is the LOTF-FOTJ-era Jedi Council, which has a very disproportionate number of (mostly white) male humans on it.

Revanfan1 and Rogue Five like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Not only that, but for some reason every single one of those human males except for Luke had a first name that started with a "K" sound: Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Kenth Hamner, Kam Solusar. I mean...just why? I like every single one of those characters, but the fact that they and their semi-alliterate names make up half the Council is just odd.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Dang. That is weird.

mes520 and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Alternate universe stories. For example, 1977 GFFA, meaning that Vader isn't Luke's father and Palpatine isn't a Force-user.

Darth_Pevra and kubricklynch like this.
  7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Yes to both of these. Leia in the Imperial Senate.

Make it happen,new EU!

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Now that TCW showed us how lightsabers are constructed, I want to see Vader constructing his red saber.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like to learn about the birth of the Royal Guard. Are they just Senate Guards in red or do they have a connection to the Sith?

10. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Crimson Empire will forever tell me all I need to know about the Royal Guard.

Zorrixor, spicer and darklordoftech like this.
  11. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Still need to read the third one. A collected set was released a while back, i'll probably pick that up in the next few weeks.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    You really only need the first, honestly. The other two are just pretty. Still, I'd recommend the hardcover.

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The Katarn was strong in them, no more explanation required.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Courscant Guard

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If the ST runs away from it, the neEU might have to talk about the Chosen One prophecy.

16. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    A story that focuses less on the ACTUAL wars, and what our characters were doing in the wars, which I hope wasn't leading the war. (As in Luke's adventures during the OT.. The whole story isn't about the war, rather what Luke was doing and his part in a bigger story)

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The transition from clone to non-clone Stormtroopers. I'd love to see the incidents and battles that led to it.

gracesonnet likes this.
  18. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    This might be somewhat controversial but I'm hoping that eventually they overwrite the Prequels and tell a story that is more in line with what was suggested in the original trilogy (older Anakin who is already an excellent pilot, Different clone armies, Anakin slowly being seduced by the dark side, Jedi's who are more samurai than super hero, Yoda being Ben's master, etc.)

In addition, I want to see completely new villains and concepts and not repeating Empire coming back, Jedi falling to dark side and becoming a sith lord, etc. Sith should go back to just being Dark Jedi and the really powerful ones who manage to overthrow the republic should be the exception not the rule.

_Catherine_ likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like it to be made clear to the reader who knows what about Palpatine and Vader.
    I guess that they could do alternate universe stories. I'd love to read stories set in a universe in which Vader isn't Luke's father.

20. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Well i would like to see more about bounty hunters and smugglers, at the same time some books about the old republic era were there are lots of sith and jedi around. For some odd reason i would't mind seeing a story about a tusken raider maybe even throwing in some supernatural stuff like about different tusken myths and legends, but that's just me and i doubt it would happen.

Orman Tagge likes this.
  21. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Ill second that. I've always wanted to know more about the Tuskens - since my first viewing of ANH, actually - and it just never happened.

Force Smuggler and darth car like this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Luke's new Jedi Order doing stuff from their inception. It always kind of bugged me how the Bantam novels basically just had them all sitting around on Yavin 4 for like a decade instead of going out and being Jedi - and since the PT gave us a better idea of what a Jedi does, I don't think there's any excuse now to have the same thing happen again.

23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I on the other hand was really bugged by how easy it was on Luke to create new Jedi Order, because that little training he actually did, he might as well just have thrown lightsabers at random people and declared them to be Jedi.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If I remember rigth so did it take some years, the Chu'unthor record-discs, one holocron, ancient jedi knowledge from Ossus and one redeemed imperial dark side warriors for him to even start.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The good old days when Ossus was the center of all things Jedi. Now all you ever hear about is Tython.

rumsmuggler and Gamiel like this.