main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What things would you like to see in the EU that you would've liked to of seen more of in the LU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grievousdude, Apr 26, 2014.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Same here. I want the point of view of Appo and the clones from TCW.

mes520, Iron_lord and spicer like this.
  2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    WANT.

Maybe featuring her reading/watching/learning of a mythic or dramatic tragedy with figures (or something) named Luke and/or Leia. Her giving of names in ROTS seems too random. If we learn there was some meaningful to Padme tragic (or hopeful?) backstory behind those names, I can see that scene being given some added gutpunch.

Iron_lord and mes520 like this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Kamino Uprising

4. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Sith Lords who are arguably the good guys.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I want to second that call from a week ago for a Bail Organa novel. He'd really be a great character to have one, and it could be a very effective bridge between the PT and OT eras.

6. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I want more stories about characters who are not Jedi or Sith. It seems that ever since the Prequels came out, the Entire Legendsverse became very force user centric. A lot of the best Star Wars stories X-Wing, Thrawn Trilogy, even NJO, had strong focus on characters who were not force users.

Abadacus, seeker_two, mes520 and 4 others like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Makes me nostalgic for the Vong.

8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I wouldn't mind having some more smaller stories. Stories about jedi going on different adventure, keeping the peace and the like, I would also like more of without them being trying to be galactic epics. More books like Kenobi would be great, as it seems smaller stories at times are better written. Plus, having more stories about different people other then force users would be nice as well.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I also don't want everything to be retconned into involving Force-users. Why is Tatooine a desert? Force-users. Why is there a temple on Yavin? Force-users.

10. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Darth Vader as a Sith Lord in his own right and not just the Emperor's enforcer. This is something that was present in the earlier parts of the EU, where Vader conducted his own esoteric dark side experiments and swore by "the immortal gods of the Sith", but since the PT it seems to have been largely abandoned. I'm hopeful that the new canon can bring some of it back.

11. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Indeed. Vader was once a terrible villain and master of dark side sorcery; works as early as Splinter of the Mind's Eye demonstrated such. Now, his POV is too often beset with depression and mourning over his dead wife, and he seems to only be good for smashing things with brute telekinesis and clumsy use (because apparently having superior cybernetic arms confines him in the total opposite manner in which Grievous' cyborgisation made him a superior killer) of a lightsaber.

I didn't mind the thought that the glove of Darth Vader was some ancient and terrible Sith artifact. I only wish we'd actually see his tremendous command of Sith arcana putting Exar Kun to shame, his grasp of tactics and strategy rivalling Revan or Thrawn, his cunning genius approaching that of Palpatine's himself, his awesome skill with the lightsaber making him a far deadlier Jedi Killer than Maul or Grievous, and the inner workings of his mind should be the cold, malevolent mentality of Darth Bane, leaving no one reading his POV suspecting there's any room for redemption for this genocidal sociopath.

Rebels Season 2... [face_praying]

12. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    Hoping for some of that in Lords of the Sith.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The preview seemed to be hinting at it.

14. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    In fairness, while it's too bad that Vader is often just a blunt instrument, he's an absolutely badass blunt instrument when done right. I love him in Shadows of the Empire as much as in any of the movies.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It was pretty much abandoned in ROTJ. ;)

16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Eh, not really. I mean, yes, he was redeemed, but we continued to see that depiction of him in other works set before it. It was only after the PT came out - and this isn't even really the fault of the PT itself, barring the ROTS "NOOOOO" anyway - that "Darth Vader" seemed to be largely overshadowed by "Anakin Skywalker" throughout the timeline.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  17. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Vader didn't get his ANH reputation by being whiny & morose....Be nice to see how he earned it.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The evolution of the Eta-2 and V-Wing into the TIE.

seeker_two and spicer like this.
  19. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Did they ever show that in the old EU? I don't remember.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A working democratic government and the jedi being part of it as lawmens.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There were references to it, but the old EU also had that T.I.E. and TIE LN nonsense.

22. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    There were "proto-ties" called Imperial starfighter prototype in Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison. There wasn't much context as to why or how they came up with the idea for them though, considering the story takes place less than 6 months after ROTS.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    More stories taking place between episodes three and four. We already had some stories of that ( Dark Times, Coruscant Night series) but having some more wouldn't hurt. It looks like Marvel will being doing something like that with Kanan, hope Del Rey will follow.

spicer and darklordoftech like this.
  24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    In the new canon we already got Tarkin, A New Dawn, Rebels and all the children novels related to the series, the Kanan comics, Lords of the Sith...a lot of material in that era in just a year. I'd like some more material in that era that's set in the first two years after ROTS (I still can't get over Dark Times [face_sigh] ...I'm trying though)

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Tarkin's time in the Republic Navy. How he joined, how he rose through the ranks, etc.