main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHAT TIME FRAME SHOULD THE TV SERIES BE?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by YODA-VID, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA-VID

YODA-VID Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    personaly I think it would be intersting to see it start out in a mini series mode and maybe about time between EPII and EP IV. I mean for sure there is alot of time between the two episodes, what kind of oposistion does vader and sidious have? or maybe life after ROTJ.

What do you think?

2. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    15 ABY

3. Aooogah

Aooogah Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2004
    It would be interesting to do a TV series on the beginnings of the Jedi and Sith with lightsabres being invented in the middle of the series.

4. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    I hope it takes place during the full scale war that formed the republic 1000 years ago. We can have jedi and sith and lightsabers and everything will be so cool!

5. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Definitly before TPM. Maybe not the Jedi/Sith war but I wouldnt say no to it :)

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The Thrawn Trilogy

That or the Purge

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    The Sith War would be my first choice, but if not, I would have to say leading up to ANH -- Say, how the plans came into Leia's possession (But then again, that's already been chronicled, so would Lucas stick to that?)

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I'd like to see the thrawn trilogy. That would be a great TV series.

9. YPL

YPL Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2004
    I want it to be Post-ROTJ

10. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I don't care when it takes place as long as it's an original story.

I want surprises and twists. You can't get those from a series based on a book that's been out for five years.

11. feliks

feliks Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    The KOTOR timeline. During the Old Republic when the Sith and Jedi were thriving in numbers. This way they could show the story of Exar Kun and Darth Bane and such.

12. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    I hope it takes place during the full scale war that formed the republic 1000 years ago. We can have jedi and sith and lightsabers and everything will be so cool!

Actually that happened almost 8,000 years ago. :) But I know what you mean.

I think it should be between Episodes III and IV - the building of the Empire, the rise of the Rebellion, the Jedi Purge, lots of Vader, lots of the Emperor, lots of tiny stories about small characters, oh man what heaven!

13. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    The show will take place sometime after ROTJ.

!snap

14. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    nothing from the eu. the show should be about the jedi council. with actors and jedi we never seen before. maybe a yoda species and a black guy. and every week the jedi would have mission, get on a starfihgter and go to this planet and have action sequences. introduce new jedi that we never seen before. none from eu. thank god!

15. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I'd like to see a series about Vader, taking place between ROTS and ANH.

16. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    A series that is too close to the films could cause some wierd continuity issues. If its post ROTJ, then you may have to recast characters and I always hate when people do that. Oh yeah, thats Luke, but he looks completely different. Lets all pretend like we don't notice.

Something in the old republic times would be cool. Then there would be endless possibilites with hundreds of Jedi and hundreds of Sith. Continuity wouldn't be much of a problem and the EU fans would be happy. Plus, its a great opportunity to create some new interesting characters.

Another time frame I would like would be between Episode 3 and 4. It could focus on a band of Jedi who try to survive being hunted down by the Empire. I'm sure people would love to see the Empire we all know and love every week on TV. These Jedi could even help with the rebellion and thats why "may the force be with you" becomes a rebellion saying. It will be in honor of these Jedi that fought along side them. That under dog feel was also what made Star Wars appealing. It was a small group of rebels against an unstoppable Empire. The only problem is, people would be tempted to show a Bail and a young Leia and perhaps Vader voiced by someone else. Maybe Tarken played by someone else. Did I mention that I hate it when actors are recast?

If they could somehow get Jimmy Smits or some others to make real cameos like how they got Harrison Ford to do a cameo on Young Indy, then it would be cool. However, I think it would just be better to avoid all that and make a show set in the old days.

17. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    WHAT TIME FRAME SHOULD THE TV SERIES BE?

A short short time ago in a galaxy near near to us...

18. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    I'd like to see it take place during the Sith War.

19. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Anthology! Anthology! Anthology!

It's the best way to go.

Let each episode be a collection of stories from across the geography and history of the Star Wars galaxy. Why limit the scope to one era, or group of characters? The typical edition of Star Wars TV could start with a story set 4000 years before the Empire, followed by one during the Galactic Civil War. Maybe even close it out with something set thousands of years in the future still.

It worked for "The Twilight Zone", and it can work for Star Wars :)

20. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    ^ Never thought of something like that, maybe that could work. That definitly would cut into the budget of Lucasfilm, which seems to turn them off for some reason :p , because then they couldnt use the same set and actors long because the stories would be jumping around in years and such.

Since Yoda lives for 800-900 years he would have to be in the series IF it takes place close to TPM.
    Having it start in the Sith wars would stop that tho.

21. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Could one of the mods lowercase the title?

22. burger_eater

burger_eater Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    THE THRAWN TRILOGY IS TOTALLY JACKASS. IF THEY MADE A TV SHOW OUT OF THAT I WOULD CUT MYSELF IN THE CORNER FOR DAYS

23. burger_eater

burger_eater Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    I AM NEUROTIC I REALLY YELL EVERYTHING I SAY IN LIFE SO IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR ME TO UTILIZE CAPSLOCK

24. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    nothing from the eu. the show should be about the jedi council. with actors and jedi we never seen before. maybe a yoda species and a black guy. and every week the jedi would have mission, get on a starfihgter and go to this planet and have action sequences. introduce new jedi that we never seen before. none from eu. thank god!

A TV series is EU.

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Anthology series. All timelines. All characters. From epic to intimate.

One continuity to ground every story: R2 and 3PO beginning to tell the story to a group of young kids(play to the demographic) at the first.

Maybe even have a cameo by Hamill every now and then, depending on the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.