main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What time of the day will Cartoonnetwork.com put the Clone Wars up for viewing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Super_Wookiee, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Wookiee

Super_Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    They're SUPPOSED to be on Cartoonnetwork.com the day after they air on Cartoon Network. But, as of 7 am CST today, they haven't put #21 up.

Does anyone remember what time they updated their site last year?

2. MajorNerd

MajorNerd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    yep, it's still not up...i'm a little disappointed. :(

3. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I dont think they do. Only Hyperspace is showing them at the mo. After so long the OS will allow anybody to download via them.

4. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Jedi_Kkruhk88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2004
    Yeah I thought it would be up by now.

5. MajorNerd

Jun 28, 2004
    lord black, check out this link it's supposed to be up today...i don't see why hyperspace would have any more right to the clone wars cartoon then the cartoon network...

6. Super_Wookiee

Mar 15, 2005
    LordBlack OBVIOUSLY wasn't around for Season 1 & 2. I watched all of Seasons 1 & 2 on cartoonnetwork.com for free.

And, HS will not intend for you to download them, b/c then you would be less inclined to pay 20 bucks for the DVD.

I guess I'll check back at noon...

7. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Download to watch, not copy. :rolleyes:

Holy Pancakes your right. Jeez, Hyperspace really does rape you of your money. Well, here's one person that won't renew his membership after ROTS. [face_shame_on_you]

8. TWELVEA

TWELVEA Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    True..is 9:37 est and still no show. Whats going on, any one has any updates?

9. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Apr 14, 2004
    Yeah I don't know whats going on.

IIRC they had them on right after Volume1 episodes were shown on CN

10. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    11:00 still not up

11. TWELVEA

TWELVEA Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    11:22am KILL ME!!!!

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Dear God, have patience, people.

They invented this thing called the VCR (I think it stands for Video Cassette Recorder) a while back, you might want to invest in one of those. It supposedly has the wonderful ability to record something that is on TV, and play it back multiple times later!!

I have a feeling that they won't put Chapter 21 online for everyone until after Chapter 22 airs, to give the Hyperspace members 24 hours of exclusive access. That way, they'll only have to update the page once - adding Chapter 22 for Hyperspace members, and adding a lower-resolution version of Chapter 21 for everyone else.

This really isn't the place to discuss it, but Hyperspace really isn't that bad of the deal, especially since it's saving me a few bucks per year now that it's bundled with the Insider.

13. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Apr 14, 2004
  14. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Also, if you're a HS member, they are downloadable; it's just a bit of faffing around to do it. :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I have to say, I don't see what all the controversy was about. I mena, complaining about it not beign up at 7 am? That's like if someone tells you a new shipment of a product is coming in at 8, and you fly off the handle because it doens't get there till 8:03.

My point is, they never promised a precise time. They just said soemtime the next day. I don't think 12 hours is a reasonable margin.

16. MajorNerd

Jun 28, 2004
    I have to say, I don't see what all the controversy was about. I mena, complaining about it not beign up at 7 am? That's like if someone tells you a new shipment of a product is coming in at 8, and you fly off the handle because it doens't get there till 8:03.

My point is, they never promised a precise time. They just said soemtime the next day. I don't think 12 hours is a reasonable margin.

dude, what are you talking about? there was no controversy, just some people wondering when the show would be available...no one "flew off the handle"...

17. whiteflash124

whiteflash124 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    So where exactly is it up at?

Cartoon Network or Hyperspace?

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, there were certainly a lot of people being terribly impatient. I quote:

"They're SUPPOSED to be on. . .as of 7 am CST today, they haven't put #21 up"

Notice the all caps "supposed" as if it was just outrageous that the thing wasn't available less than 12 hours after first airing.

"True..is 9:37 est and still no show. Whats going on"

The same kind of outrage ("and still no show", as if the people at CN had just told a terrible lie) only 2 hours after the first poster, and only 14 after the first airing.

"KILL ME!!!!"

Enough said about that.

And apparently other people thought that people in this thread were being impatient too. Note the "Dear God, have patience people," comment.

Now I can understand being excited to see it--I am too. But I don't translate excitement into sharp, unreasonable criticism like "Here it is, the time that most people are just getting to work in the morning, and they still haven't gotten the episodes up yet."

whiteflash: As of now? Both. If your in the US, you can see them on Cartoon Network's website for free (linked right off the main page, impossible to miss). But, they don't get put online until the day after teh show airs, and thus it's put online later than the Hyperspace people get to see it. But, for all practical purposes, the thing is:

Hyperspace= sooner, but costs money
    Cartoon Network= later (by only a few hours), but free

The choice is yours, and yours alone.

19. Super_Wookiee

Mar 15, 2005
    For the record, the Clone Wars appears to be up by noonish the day following for those with night classes, work or other conflicts...

To those who rag on ppl for trying to get information, find something better to do with your time and/or life.

20. TWELVEA

TWELVEA Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    so that means that chapter 22 will air today after 12pm? Cause If I dont see it ill die and my family and my 2 dogs too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.