main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN What time on the second Saturday of the month would be best for the General Meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Sep 15, 2003.

?

What time on the second Saturday of the month would be best for the General Meeting?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Early Afternoon (1-2 P.M.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Middle Afternoon (3-4 P.M.)

40.0%
  3. Late Afternoon (5-6 P.M.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Evening (7-9 P.M.)

30.0%
  5. Leave it as is (noon)

20.0%
  6. Another day or time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Although burritos learn quickly, my donkey still sleeps with the couch on.

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
  2. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    This poll is the result of a discussion at the last meeting on how to increase attendance--see the appropritate thread for details. Obviously, the results of this poll are not binding, and any change would have to be approved by a formal vote at the next General Meeting. I just wanted to get a head count to see what everyone thinks.

By the way, if you vote for burritos/donkeys, you're effectively voting to keep the time as is. :D

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Let's go ahead and discuss it here in this thread. The original thinking was that we would have it at Noon so it would be late enough for those who slept in, but early enough for anyone who had other plans for Saturday afternoon/evening since it is a weekend day.

The important thing here is to make it convienient for current as well as future members. What time does everyone think would be appealing to prospective members?

Saturday is a double-edged sword. No one is in school, and a lot of people do not work, but those that work retail or the like DO work most Saturdays. Let's discuss the possibility of changing the day, too. If Book Club is any indication, through the week in the evening works pretty well.

I'm not voting yet, but meditate on this, I will...

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    You're just trying to get me out of the club! :_|

6. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Weeknights are a double-edged sword as well, because that would proclude people who work 2nd shift. The question would then become what are we likely to get more of, people who work 2nds or people who work retail. Also, having both the GM and Book Club meetings on weeknights would prevent the 2nd shifters from taking part in any club meetings.

Suffice it to say, if there are a lot of votes to change the day, I'll post another poll with some other options.

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm one of those retail people now, so Saturday evening works better for me. It is a lot easier to get off a little early than to leave and come back in the middle of the day.

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Saturday evening, are you stoned? :p

9. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Brainwashed but not stoned... "Pat Coslett saves you $$$!"

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Saturday evening won't work for a variety of reasons:

People with girlfriends, wives, boyfriends, husbands, significant others, people they like more than us :p

People with social lives (not impossible, just improbable :p)

Adam has work the next day (as if he showed up to begin with :p)

11. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I must say I am against Sat. evenings also. The more I think about it, I still like Saturdays. This way we have one weekend opportunity with the GMs and a weekday opportunity with the Book Club. I also like Noon or early afternoon also. Keep thinking...

12. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    <steps up to the E'ville Jedi pulpit>

Basically, we're never going to find a time that suits everyone perfectly. No matter when we have it, SOMEONE isn't going to be able to make it. As for appealing to future members, that's not something we can even begin to worry about. We can't please all of our current members, much less possible future ones.

What I propose is this: Stick to the poll. Scott, you have the email address of everyone in the group. Email them all and encourage them to visit the boards and vote. For those that don't have email (do we even have any?), call them up and ask them by phone. No matter what time time ends up winning someone will be happy, someone not.

I know that nothing I've said here is revolutionary or new, but I think we were starting to get off topic by worrying about people that might or might not ever join and by trying to guess what is going to make everyone happy (trust me, it's not possible :) ).

Personally speaking, I think Saturday is the best option for the reasons Scott stated. The time doesn't really bother me. It's all equally inconvenient to me :) . BTW, Stackpole, I show up at least part of the time. Give me some credit...

The important thing, I think, is just to make sure that everyone in the club votes on this poll that Nathan has so kindly started.

Thank you and God bless.

<steps down and retreats to lurker obscurity>

13. TC517

May 14, 2001
    In defence of the current time, even though I voted for evening, noon was the time that I set for the very first meeting, as that was the general consensus. For the Second meeting, June 1 2002, we stuck with noon and TONS of people showed up. So we know that many people can make the 12:00 time, but choose not too come.
    So there...

14. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    BUMP

Because my posts are more important than everyone else's :)

15. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Okay, I think all that want to vote, already have. It looks like the majority of you want to change the meeting time, with the plurality wanting the meeting at some time in the middle afternoon. I'm posting a second poll, this time with exact times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.