main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Time Only Knows (Orginal Character's, Qui-gon's, Yoda's POV)Updated 3/6!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    What Time Only Knows
    Atrus', Qui-gon's, and Yoda's POV
    Written by: Jacinta Kenobi, JediClare, Neon Star
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Atrus? Journal
    Year: 4972 Galactic Republic

Entry One:

This is the Journal of I, Atrus of the Jagaar.

I have returned to Coruscant to continue my training, but my heart will not be in it. My home world has been torn in two. My youngest sister, who I have been training for several years, has risen against the Council and I. Mother has sensed the conflict and has persuaded me to leave, knowing that if I stay, it will provoke an all out war. So I have returned to Jedi. Hopefully Yoda will still be alive after all these years. But if he is not, then I will have to find a new Master, or abandon my training, which I prefer not to do.

My ship had exited hyperspace on the dayside of Coruscant. Coruscant still looks like how I remember it: a huge gold-black gem in space.

?Unidentified ship, please identify yourself,? a gruff voice called over the comm.

?This is Jedi Atrus, Captain of the Firebird. I am transmitting my identifications now,? I responded and waited.

I can just imagine his face. Shocked that I am still alive after all this time, but it will still register with him, I hope.

A few minutes later the controller returned. ?Go ahead, Firebird. Land in the docking bay five at the Jedi Temple.

?Thank you, Control. Firebird landing now,? I said and shut off the comm.

I drove the ship down into the atmosphere. My heart leaped a little when I saw the Jedi Temple. Its tall spires were glistening the sun, and the Force was flowing from it. I smiled; I knew I had missed it.

I landed my ship in the docking bay. After running a few checks, I headed for the ramp. I walked out and looked around. I was right, not much had changed. A few newer models of spacecrafts and machinery but other than that, not much has changed. I walked down to the turbo lift. I sighed as I entered it and pressed the button. The door closed silently in front of me and the lift shot upward. My mind revolved around the idea that maybe my old friend was dead. What would happen after that? I couldn?t go home. I pushed the thought away and tried to relax. The door opened and I walked into the hall. I quickly found what I had once known as Yoda?s room. I knocked and waited, praying that this was the right one.

A young man opened the door. For a moment, my heart sank within me.

?Yes?? the boy asked.

He had wide midnight blue eyes, a thin, tall frame, and short brown hair except for the long braid running down behind his right ear.

?Hi, is Master Yoda here?? I asked.

?Master, it?s for you!? the boy called behind him.

Now I was surprised. Yoda swore up and down theses halls that he would never have another young Padawan again! Well, maybe I have been gone too long.

?Is it, who is?? Yoda asked as he hobbled to the door.

His lazy green eyes widened in shock as he looked at me.

?Master Yoda,? I bowed slightly.

?Atrus, it is? Or my eye sight gone, is it?? Yoda asked in disbelief.

?No, Yoda. Your eye sight isn?t failing, its really me,? I said and smiled.

? Come in, you will,? Yoda gestured.

I walked in and Yoda lead me to a chair. After I was seated, we began to catch up. I didn?t realize how much I missed him. I found out that the boy was his new Padawan Qui-gon Jinn. Yoda told me that he is an excellent student in swordsmanship. I hope to test his skill sometime, since Yoda can?t do it. We caught up on what we have been doing these past years. Yoda has offered for me to stay here until he can arrange for me to get an apartment. He also said that I did finish my training a while back, but that I still have to go through the tests. So he is going to help me brush up my skills before I face the Council.

With that said, I say it is time for me to turn in. Yoda had offered me poor Qui-gon?s room, but I refused, so for now, I am sleeping on the couch. Goodnight.

~Atrus~

2. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  3. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  4. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, Neon, here goes, though you've already read it.
    Qui-Gon Jinn?s Journal

Entry Thirty-two:

Today, someone named Atrus came to visit master. She seemed surprised that I was here. I wonder if she disapproves? I hope not. She seems to be a close friend of Master Yoda. I don?t think so, I think she is just surprised, as many others were. Sometimes it surprises me!

She knocked on the door to the quarters I share with Yoda. She looked at me, and seemed to freeze. I didn?t understand, so finally I said, ?Yes??

?Hi, is Master Yoda here?? She replied.

Well, that seemed normal enough. I turned and called, ?Master, it?s for you!? That was where she got the shocked look.

Master came to the door. ?Is it, who is?? He asked, then they both got very quiet and stared at each other.

From that point on, I knew that I must have missed something. Things began to clear up, though, when Master invited her in.

I wonder what she?s doing here? From the sounds of their discussion, she has been gone quite a while. She mentioned something about Master swearing never to take another padawan, which was funny, especially watching Master Yoda?s face as Atrus said so.

Finally, they seemed to remember that I was in the same room. Master introduced me to Atrus. She seems nice enough. At that point, I decided she just can?t seem to believe Yoda has an apprentice, because she smiled.

Master offered her my room, while I stood and glared slightly at his back. I don?t mind, but I wish he would let me offer. But Atrus seemed to understand, she smiled at me and turned the offer down. I hope she didn?t take my glare wrong, I really don?t mind.

I?d better leave it at that. Master?s senses are something else, and if I?m not asleep soon, well?

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Up! JediClare! Where a-are yo-ou? It's your turn!

6. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    This is interesting, must have more.

7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm really sorry! [face_sheepish]
    This person here - *whacks DRL* - is soooo idiotic - *whacks DRL again* - you get the idea.

Anyway, here's the post. :)

x Clare x

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

Yoda's Journal

Entry Fifty-six:

A special day, today is. Returned to continue her training, Atrus has. Visited me, she did, when in the middle of cooking, I was. Typical of her, it is.

Surprised, she was, that my Padawan Qui-Gon is.

"Master Yoda, I distinctly remember you yelling and swearing that you would never take another Padawan again. 'Never again take another young Padawan, I will. To run around chasing youngsters, too old, I am. The death of me, you will be!' were your exact words, I believe," Atrus said.

"Hmph. A good memory you have, Atrus," I said.

Heard my Padawan trying to suppress his laughter, I did. Unfortunately, too far away for me to use my gimer stick, he was.

"My Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn, this is," introduced him, I did.

"Qui-Gon. I'm Atrus, as you already know. Pleased to meet you," she said. Shook his hand, she did.

Talked for a long while, we did. Offered Atrus Qui-Gon's room to stay for the night, I did. His irritation at not being able to be the one to offer her his room, I sensed. Always wanting to make a good first impression, he is.

Turned my offer down, Atrus did. Understood Qui-Gon's glare at me, she did. Good, that is. Get along well, they will.

Asleep, Qui-Gon is not. Go and chase him to bed, I must.

Yoda

P.S. Got burnt, the gruel did. Hmph.

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the burnt gruel part.

8. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  10. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Atrus? Journal

Entry Two

I have begun my refresher courses this morning. I didn?t know I was that out of practice. I got hit once or twice by the tracker droids and Qui-gon almost beat me. I now have a very tender spot on my right hip. But hopefully I will soon regain my skills. It?s just that I have not used the Force for a long time since I had my Jagaar powers. But I can?t use them now so I had better get used to it.

Anyways, Yoda had released me from training for the rest of the day so that I might get familiar with the Temple again. I stayed for a while, watching Yoda teach Qui-gon. Yoda was right, the boy defiantly has potential. Now all he needs is grace and he could be the greatest swordsman this Temple has ever seen.

After a while, I wondered around the Temple. I met a lot of my old friends. They have really aged and matured. Its kind of scary to think how many years I was gone. They were surprised to see me. They commented on how I haven?t aged and that I look the same as when I left. Well, that is the truth, in a way. Its just that my species doesn?t age that much, I myself am older than Yoda and I still look to be twenty. But I couldn?t explain it to them for certain reasons. They don?t know that I am not fully human, only Yoda knows that, and he has kept that secret well. Though I have not changed on the outside, there are more bloodstains on my soul. But I will not dwell on that now, for now I must concentrate on my training. Besides, if Yoda sees me worried about something, I know he will ask, and I am not ready to talk to him about this.

I returned to the apartment a few hours later. Seeing that Yoda and Qui-gon had not returned, I decided to cook dinner. I had nothing else to do and besides, as much as I love Yoda as a friend, I still think his cooking is horrible. But mine is only a little better. But I didn?t blow up or burn anything so I think dinner went well. I had just put the food on the table when Yoda and Qui-gon came in. They both looked tired but Qui-gon looked like he was ready to drop. I could see his eyes lighting up when he saw the food and he quickly sat down.

?Did this, you did not have to,? Yoda said as he sat down at the small table.

?I wanted to. But don?t kill me if something kills one of you,? I joked slightly.

Dinner went well, but I must admit. When we got to dessert, I think I got the kid addicted to chocolate. He ate about five slices off the chocolate cake that I had bought. It was kind of funny.

Now I must close, Yoda is coming back in to talk to me. I shall write more tomorrow.

~Atrus~

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Qui-Gon Jinn?s Journal

Entry Thirty-two:

I have discovered the greatest thing in the world.

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!

Atrus bought some for dinner tonight, (I could have kissed her?blech, never mind, I do NOT like girls?.Anyway, I was so happy to not have to eat master?s cooking. Ugh?.) and it was so good!

Anyway, I think I got ahead of myself. Master found out I wasn?t in bed yet last night?my head still hurts in one particular place?.force that stick is hard?

This morning, I got to work with Atrus. She is REALLY out of practice. I almost beat her. THAT was fun. Master was still a bit upset about some stuff that happened yesterday, so he made me run for an hour, then I had to do a lot of flips and twirls and stuff for another hour. I was really hot, and sweaty too. Master Yoda must have noticed, he took me down to the lake, and had me swim across it back and forth for another hour.

By the time we got back to our apartment, I was ready to fall asleep on my feet. You can?t believe how happy I was to see Atrus had cooked. Master Yoda was a bit upset. He says it?s because Atrus is a guest, I think it?s because he didn?t get to finish off my torture with some of his Dagobah stew?.ewwww?

Anyway, the dinner was alright. I swear, I?ve got to learn to cook? But the cake was great!! I ate 5 PIECES!!! Atrus thought it was hysterical. I think master couldn?t decide whether to be horrified or to laugh.

I am now planning on dropping into my bed before I die. I have a bad stomachache, I wonder why? Good night?..

Qui-Gon.

12. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    This is hysterical, especially Yoda's parts!

14. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    ROTFLMAO! I haven't laughed so much in a long time! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yoda's Journal

Entry Fifty-seven:

A tendency to get addicted to something, most youngsters have. Chocolate, in Qui-Gon's case, it is.

But start at the beginning, I should.

Begun her refresher courses, Atrus has. Need them, she does. Out of practice, she is. Almost beat her, my Padawan did. But quickly improving, she is. Ready to face the Trials, she will be soon.

Once finished, her training for the day was, released her, I did. Much catching up with old friends in the Temple, she has to do.

Stayed to watch part of Qui-Gon's training, Atrus did. Great potential, Qui-Gon has. A talented swordsman, he is, but lack in grace, he does. Agree with that, Atrus does. Worried, I am not. Soon outgrow his awkwardness, he will.

Cooked dinner today, Atrus did. Delighted that he did not have to eat my stew after a hard day of training, Qui-Gon was.

"You look a bit upset, Master," he said. Keep the grin off his face, he could not.

"A guest, Atrus is. Cook for us, she should not," pointed that out to him, I did.

"Oh," he said. Ended there, the conversation did.

Know what he was thinking, I do: that upset I was because have the opportunity to make him eat my food, I did not.

Hmph.

Bought a chocolate cake, Atrus did. Five slices, my Padawan ate. Amazed at human teenagers' ability to eat a lot, I have been. But still, a record, this is, considering the size of each slice.

Immensely amused, Atrus was.

A bad stomachache, Qui-Gon will have. Never learn, he will. Manage to disobey me and drink seven tankards of Dyroliaen Brew last year, he did. Claimed that it tasted good, he did. A massive hangover, he got.

Padawans!

Hear him moaning, I think I do. Some herbal tea to get rid of stomachaches, I have. Go and save him from his suffering now, I will.

Yoda

16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Atrus? Journal

Entry Three:

I cannot believe Yoda is doing this to me! Only a few days after my arrival and he is making me baby-sit his Padawan. Well, I guess it won?t be too bad, Qui-gon is a good kid, stubborn, but a good kid never the less.

Yoda told me last night that he was to attend to a diplomatic conference and that he could not take Qui-gon. So now I am stuck with the kid. Hopefully there will not be any problems. Yoda is suppose to return tomorrow night.

The first thing we did this morning after breakfast was go to the training rooms. We sparred for a bit, then I helped him with his Force skills. We spent the whole morning in there. Had a little bit of lunch and then he went to his classes. I wondered around the Temple for an hour then returned to the apartment to read up on what has been going on.

Qui-gon came home, had a little bit of dinner. Begged me for chocolate. After getting that, he went in his room to study. I can hear that he is now getting ready for bed, so I think I had better. So I sign off for tonight.

~Atrus~

17. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Atrus? Journal

Entry Three:

I cannot believe Yoda is doing this to me! Only a few days after my arrival and he is making me baby-sit his Padawan. Well, I guess it won?t be too bad, Qui-gon is a good kid, stubborn, but a good kid never the less.

Yoda told me last night that he was to attend to a diplomatic conference and that he could not take Qui-gon. So now I am stuck with the kid. Hopefully there will not be any problems. Yoda is suppose to return tomorrow night.

The first thing we did this morning after breakfast was go to the training rooms. We sparred for a bit, then I helped him with his Force skills. We spent the whole morning in there. Had a little bit of lunch and then he went to his classes. I wondered around the Temple for an hour then returned to the apartment to read up on what has been going on.

Qui-gon came home, had a little bit of dinner. Begged me for chocolate. After getting that, he went in his room to study. I can hear that he is now getting ready for bed, so I think I had better. So I sign off for tonight.

~Atrus~

18. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Qui-Gon Jinn?s journal
    Entry thirty-four

I got the most horrible stomache last night. Master must have heard me moaning, because he came in with some herbal tea?I?m really not sure which was worse, I almost spit it out.

Master Yoda said he had to go to some diplomatic conference, and said he couldn?t take me. He left me with Atrus. I heard them talking last night.

?Only a few days after my arrival and you?re making me baby-sit your Padawan?? She demanded. I stopped listening after that.

Nobody baby-sits me. Girls?Just this afternoon, Tahl ran into me, and knocked me down. I hit the ground pretty hard, knocked my breath out. She rushed over and acted like I had fallen off a cliff. She kissed my cheek, and kept asking if I was ok. So I said, ?Sith, I?m fine, Tahl, calm down, what was that for?!!?

She turned red, slapped me, and ran away. I haven?t seen her since. Girls?

Anyway, Atrus and I did some sparring. Then we ate, and she left to wander around the temple. I have been devising a way to show her for referring to this as babysitting.

Ok, I have set up the kitchen so that when she walks into the kitchen, she will get a bit of a surprise?I found a container of master?s Dagobah stew, and rigged it to fall when the door opened.

She will definitely need a shower.

I almost feel bad?..Dagobah stew?..uggh?.Goodnight.

Qui-Gon

19. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Tahl? Good addition. :D

By the way, Neon Star, how many fics are you working on now?

20. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yoda's Journal

Entry Fifty-eight:

Left for a diplomatic conference early this morning, I did. Brought my Padawan along, I did not. Left Qui-Gon with Atrus, I did. Unhappy about that arrangement, she was, when informed her about it last night, I did.

"Only a few days after my arrival and you're making me baby-sit your Padawan?" Atrus demanded.

"Baby-sitting him, you are not," I told her. "Simply helping him with his training, you will be, while absent I am."

"It's still baby-sitting," she protested.

"Outside, Qui-Gon is," I pointed out. "Hear us, he can." Effectively ended the argument, that did.

"Give him too much chocolate, you should not," I reminded her this morning.

"I know," she said. "You've told me that three times already."

"If gets sick, he does, responsible for the mess you will be."

"I know. I believe your shuttle is waiting, Master Yoda. Bye. Have a nice conference."

Hmph.

BORING, the conference was. Dozed off, I did. Fortunately, noticed, no one did.

Tired, I am, from listening to diplomats. Talk a lot, they do.

Goodnight.

Yoda

P.S. Fell off my chair, I did, when I fell asleep. Still hurts, my head does. Why do the conference room's chairs have to be so high?!

21. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Seriously [face_plain] , I know Yoda speaks like that, but I never knew he wrote like that too...

Learned something new today, have I. ;)

22. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    Nice story.I thought Qui-Gon likes Tahl? ?[face_plain]

Adela

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    If you'll remember, he didn't realize he likes Tahl till later. And for heaven's sakes, he's only about 12, plenty of time for him to get a crush. I decided to play with it and have Tahl had had a crush on him then.

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, that part's pretty funny. [face_laugh]

x Clare x

25. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Lonewolf89: At the moment I am working on twenty, not counting RRs or RPGs.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Atrus? Journal

Entry Four:

Qui-gon Jinn is going to die. I can sense it in the future because I will be the one to kill him! Can you believe it! He rigged the kitchen door last night and who got Yoda?s stew on her? Me! I think I took the longest bath in the history of this galaxy! Now I miss the lava baths we have at home. Sigh?

Well, I did get him back. Heh Heh? The first thing he saw when he woke up was a large bucket of ice water coming down on top of him. I don?t think I have ever seen a human jump that far off a bed! Of course he did start chasing me around the apartment and we got into a bit of an ice fight. Yoda is going to be mad if he finds out. I can imagine his words all ready.

?Too old you are, for this you are. Older then I you are, and have ice fights with a thirteen year old Padawan you should not.?

Oh well, if he saw what I have been up to in the last fifty years?

Anyways, today was basically the same as yesterday well, except for that minor incident. And also except, Qui-gon got into a little bit of an argument with a Council member. Pretty interesting to see, a young Padawan trying, and failing, to get a Jedi Master to listen. I kind of feel sorry for the Jedi Master, Qui-gon actually made sense.

But besides that nothing really happened, until after supper. I know I should have been more careful. But he hadn?t come out of his room last night so I figured he wouldn?t come out tonight. So I changed to my dark gold Jagaar robe and switched back into my real form. I had better explain what a Jagaar look like. We basically look like a large black cat standing on two legs. We have human like hands and feet except for they are both covered in black fur, have claws, and the feet have pads on the bottom.

Anyways, I heard a noise behind me and turned around. There, standing only a few feet away was Qui-gon. He looked a little shocked but he was controlling his emotions well.

?Atrus?? he asked softly.

I tried to answer him but the answer came out in my language. He looked at me, puzzled. So, I tried thought speak.

//Yes?// I asked.

?How?? he asked.

//This is what I look like.//

?What are you?? he asked.

//We are called the Jagaar.//

?Really, why didn?t you tell me before??

//I didn?t know how you would take it. But you are taking it a lot better than I hoped,// I said.

?Well, listen, you can trust me,? he said softly.

//I am glad. Do you want me to change back?//

?I don?t mind either way is fine with me.?

//I think I?ll change back. I like it in my human form.//

I switched back quickly.

?That is amazing,? he commented.

?I am glad you like it. Anything else you want to know?? I asked.

?Where are you from?? he asked.

?I can?t tell you that. Maybe someday, but not now,? I said and smiled sadly.

?All right, I can live with that. May I stay up to wait for Master Yoda?? he asked.

?OK, but not too late,? I told him.

?I promise,? he said and smiled.

?Oh, Qui-gon, don?t tell anyone about this except maybe Yoda,? I said.

?OK,? he said.

We spent the next hour talking and waiting for Yoda. When Yoda finally came in it was well into the night. He got a little upset about seeing Qui-gon up but let it go. Qui-gon and I told him what happened and he has said that this may prove to be a good thing. I have a feeling that he is right.

~Atrus~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.