main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Time Only Knows: The Journal of a Jedi Knight

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Jan 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Atrus? Journal
    Year: 4972 Galactic Republic

Entry One:

This is the Journal of I, Atrus of the Jaguar.

I have returned to Coruscant to continue my training, but my heart will not be in it. My home world has been torn in two. My youngest sister, who I have been training for several years, has risen against the Council and I. Mother has sensed the conflict and has persuaded me to leave, knowing that if I stay, it will provoke an all out war. So I have returned to Jedi. Hopefully Yoda will still be alive after all these years. But if he is not, then I will have to find a new Master, or abandon my training, which I prefer not to do.

My ship had exited hyperspace on the dayside of Coruscant. Coruscant still looks like how I remember it: a huge gold-black gem in space.

?Unidentified ship, please identify yourself,? a gruff voice called over the comm.

?This is Jedi Atrus, Captain of the Firebird. I am transmitting my identifications now,? I responded and waited.

I can just imagine his face. Shocked that I am still alive after all this time, but it will still register with him, I hope.

A few minutes later the controller returned. ?Go ahead, Firebird. Land in the docking bay five at the Jedi Temple.

?Thank you, Control. Firebird landing now,? I said and shut off the comm.

I drove the ship down into the atmosphere. My heart leaped a little when I saw the Jedi Temple. Its tall spires were glistening the sun, and the Force was flowing from it. I smiled; I knew I had missed it.

I landed my ship in the docking bay. After running a few checks, I headed for the ramp. I walked out and looked around. I was right, not much had changed. A few newer models of spacecrafts and machinery but other than that, not much has changed. I walked down to the turbo lift. I sighed as I entered it and pressed the button. The door closed silently in front of me and the lift shot upward. My mind revolved around the idea that maybe my old friend was dead. What would happen after that? I couldn?t go home. I pushed the thought away and tried to relax. The door opened and I walked into the hall. I quickly found what I had once known as Yoda?s room. I knocked and waited, praying that this was the right one.

A young man opened the door. For a moment, my heart sank within me.

?Yes?? the boy asked.

He had wide midnight blue eyes, a thin, tall frame, and short brown hair except for the long braid running down behind his right ear.

?Hi, is Master Yoda here?? I asked.

?Master, it?s for you!? the boy called behind him.

Now I was surprised. Yoda swore up and down theses halls that he would never have another young Padawan again! Well, maybe I have been gone too long.

?Is it, who is?? Yoda asked as he hobbled to the door.

His lazy green eyes widened in shock as he looked at me.

?Master Yoda,? I bowed slightly.

?Atrus, it is? Or my eye sight gone, is it?? Yoda asked in disbelief.

?No, Yoda. Your eye sight isn?t failing, its really me,? I said and smiled.

? Come in, you will,? Yoda gestured.

I walked in and Yoda lead me to a chair. After I was seated, we began to catch up. I didn?t realize how much I missed him. I found out that the boy was his new Padawan Qui-gon Jinn. Yoda told me that he is an excellent student in swordsmanship. I hope to test his skill sometime, since Yoda can?t do it. We caught up on what we have been doing these past years. Yoda has offered for me to stay here until he can arrange for me to get an apartment. He also said that I did finish my training a while back, but that I still have to go through the tests. So he is going to help me brush up my skills before I face the Council.

With that said, I say it is time for me to turn in. Yoda had offered me poor Qui-gon?s room, but I refused, so for now, I am sleeping on the couch. Goodnight.

~Atrus~

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Interesting, wary, wary, interesting- Chekov

3. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Nice start, Neon Star!

4. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comments!

5. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Neon Star....very creative writing. I enjoy it.

6. JKTRAINING

JKTRAINING Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Neat, is there any more?

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comments! There will be more soon.

8. ForceFire_Jade

ForceFire_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2000
    MORE MORE MORE!! Hehe...I've always felt like writing that!!

9. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Fascinating... the name "Atrus" comes from the guy with the journal in Myst, right? But really, I wonder what trouble little Qui-Gon will get himself into? He's always defying the Council and what not...:) Post soon!

10. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comments!

I didn't get her name from Myst. I didn't even know Myst existed until two months ago, she has been around for four or five years. By the way, you say the Myst Atrus as Aitrus and my Atrus' name with a soft A. Thought you like to know. More tonight or tomorrow.

11. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Atrus? Journal

Entry Two

I have begun my refresher courses this morning. I didn?t know I was that out of practice. The tracker droids hit me once or twice, and Qui-gon almost beat me. I now have a very tender spot on my right hip. But hopefully I will soon regain my skills. It?s just that I have not used the Force for a long time since I had my Jaguar powers. But I can?t use them now, so I had better get used to it.

Anyway, Yoda had released me from training for the rest of the day so that I might get familiar with the Temple again. I stayed for a while, watching Yoda teach Qui-gon. Yoda was right - the boy defiantly has potential. Now all he needs is grace, and he could be the greatest swordsman this Temple has ever seen.

After a while I wondered around the Temple. I met a lot of my old friends. They have really aged and matured. Its kind of scary to think of how many years I was gone. They were surprised to see me. They commented on how I haven?t aged and that I look the same as when I left. Well, that is the truth, in a way. Its just that my species doesn?t age that much. I, myself, am older than Yoda, and I still look to be twenty. But I couldn?t explain it to them for certain reasons. They don?t know that I am not fully human, only Yoda knows that, and he has kept that secret well. Though I have not changed on the outside, there are more bloodstains on my soul. But I will not dwell on that now, for now I must concentrate on my training. Besides, if Yoda sees me worried about something, I know he will ask, and I am not ready to talk to him about this.

I returned to the apartment a few hours later. Seeing that Yoda and Qui-gon had not returned, I decided to cook dinner. I had nothing else to do, and besides, as much as I love Yoda as a friend, I still think his cooking is horrible. But mine is only a little better. I didn?t blow up or burn anything, so I think dinner went well. I had just put the food on the table when Yoda and Qui-gon came in. They both looked tired, but Qui-gon looked like he was ready to drop. I could see his eyes light up when he saw the food, and he quickly sat down.

?Did this, you did not have to,? Yoda said as he sat down at the small table.

?I wanted to. But don?t kill me if something kills one of you,? I joked slightly.

Dinner went well, I must admit. When we got to dessert, I think I got the kid addicted to chocolate. He ate about five slices off the chocolate cake that I had bought. It was kind of funny.

Now I must close, Yoda is coming back in to talk to me. I shall explain tomorrow.

~Atrus~

12. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Ooh, what's Yoda going to tell Atrus? Qui-Gon's future? Or something like, "here's your new mission -- scram?"

13. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  14. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Atrus? Journal

Entry Three:

I cannot believe Yoda is doing this to me! Only a few days after my arrival and he is making me baby-sit his Padawan. Well, I guess it won?t be too bad, Qui-gon is a good kid, stubborn, but a good kid never the less.

Yoda told me last night that he was to attend to a diplomatic conference ant that he could not take Qui-gon. So now I am stuck with the kid. Hopefully there will be any problems. Yoda is suppose to return tomorrow night.

The first thing we did this morning after breakfast was go to the training rooms. We sparred for a bit, then I helped him with his Force skills. We spent the whole morning in there. Had a little bit of lunch and then he went to his classes. I wondered around the Temple for an hour then returned to the apartment to read up on what has been going on.

Qui-gon came home, had a little bit of dinner. Begged me for chocolate. After getting that, he went in his room to study. I can hear that he is now getting ready for bed, so I think I had better. So I sign off for tonight.

~Atrus~

15. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  17. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Wondering, does anyone want more? I am thinking of taking it up again.

18. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.