main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What times during the Saga do Force-users not use the Force when you think they should?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Nerdling, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I can think of a few times when I wonder why Force-users don't use the Force when it would beneficial for them to do so. Here are some times that stand out to me.

When Luke faces the rancor monster, I don't understand why he throws the rock instead of using the Force to lift the rock and hurl it at the door control panel. I also think it would be cool if Luke used to Force to fling larger rocks at the monster itself. (Could have been an interesting SE addition.)

And when Luke is leaving the second Death Star, I don't understand why he drags the dying Vader instead of levitating him.

Also, Obi-Wan was so successful using the Force push against Grievous that I don't understand why he didn't keep doing it.

Can anyone think of other times when they think the Force should've been used and it wasn't? Or how about times when it was unnecessary to use the Force and using it seemed gratuitous?

2. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Obi-Wan not using Force speed to catch up to Qui-Gon and Maul

Vader not using the Force to catch Luke as he falls after their duel on Cloud City

darth ladnar likes this.
  3. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Obi-Wan not using the Force to hold the "bug droid" in AotC.

4. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    The beginning of ROTS Buzz droids. Gotta force push them right?

Any time Grievous is around. Use it to pin him down and cut off his limbs at least!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  5. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    While I always wondered why Obi-Wan didn't use Force Speed to get back into the battle with Jinn and Maul, I always find this hysterical.

[face_laugh]

Minez01 and darth ladnar like this.
  6. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    It's weird how they use the Force speed when running in that short little moment in TPM, and then never again. I think it would be helpful in the Geonosian arena.

Palpatine clearly uses it when dueling Mace, but that's not running. It seems like both Yoda and Palpatine are using it in their duel, or at least they are moving really, really fast.

7. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    By the way, I believe in the ROTJ novel, he uses the Force to slow his fall.