main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What to do about Bullies?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Jedi_Xen, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    "Ignore them and they'll go away" is a myth. It doesn't work; it's just something lazy or misinformed parents tell their kids. It also teaches kids to ignore other problems in their lives, rather than standing up and solving them.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger bully in history than Hitler, and we tried ignoring him for years; it only made him more powerful. It took a proportionate show of force to bring him down.

2. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    "Ignore them and they'll go away" is a myth. It doesn't work; it's just something lazy or misinformed parents tell their kids. It also teaches kids to ignore other problems in their lives, rather than standing up and solving them.

So someone is making fun of you. That's how it starts off and you are going to what hit them. No just walk way. They want you to react.

3. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    No. They don't. They just want to make fun of you. They just want to see that slight look of hurt on your face. They just want to know they are hurting somebody else.

I have been made fun of as long as I can remember. The do NOT just want a reaction. Ignoring them is BUNK. Fight back. It is all you can ever do to win. Tolerate it all you can. Report it to the authorities for as long as you can. But it gets to the point where you MUST fight back.

-P!-

4. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    No. They don't. They just want to make fun of you. They just want to see that slight look of hurt on your face. They just want to know they are hurting somebody else.

I have been made fun of as long as I can remember. The do NOT just want a reaction. Ignoring them is BUNK. Fight back. It is all you can ever do to win. Tolerate it all you can. Report it to the authorities for as long as you can. But it gets to the point where you MUST fight back.

SO you are going to hit them for making fun of you. [face_plain] Wow that is really big.
    I laughed right along with them I just walked off they got board and moved on why? Because they coudl not get me to react. They got really borad really fast. Oh and if you hit someone for making fun of you, you are just as bad as they are then.

They want you to react back to them. They want you to say something so that they can use it against you. They want you to react so the have amioo to use on you. Ever time you do something or say somethin when they are making fun of you that's more amioo for them. They love that. They love the fact that you are reacting because they then know they got around your skin and they have won. Don't say anything to them to hit them act like a man and walk away. Let them act like the dumb *** they are.

5. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Before I get into this, let me ask you this: Do you have any idea what it's like to be made fun of EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIVE SINCE PRESCHOOL? Well, I do. It sucks.

SO you are going to hit them for making fun of you.

For not stopping when told to stop often. It may become the only option.

Wow that is really big.

No, no it isn't. But at times it becomes the only option. At times s all you can do to fight back is just that, fight. It can also be a real moral booster for yourself to see those that have scared the crap out of you afraid for once.

One kid, two years older than me started making fun of me in the first grade. This went on for two years. Finally, after going to teachers for years about this, he didn't stop. So, one day, waiting for the bus, I heard him making fun of me. He just wouldn't stop. I ran at him and punched him as hard as I could in the stomach. I was small for my age, he was big for his, and two years older than me at a time when those two years were a big difference. I hit him hard. He went down VERY hard. He never so much as looked at me again. It was one of the best feelings of my life.

I laughed right along with them I just walked off they got board and moved on why? Because they coudl not get me to react. They got really borad really fast. Oh and if you hit someone for making fun of you, you are just as bad as they are then.

So then the Allies were just as bad as the Nazi's? That is what you are saying if you are to take it to a large scale. Sometimes you must fight to end these things. It becomes the only option. Also, in my experiance, they DO NOT STOP. In anycase, why should I have to put up with it at all? WHY should I, who is just sitting down reading a book, have to put up with people stealing said book? I went through THREE copies of Wedge's Gamble thanks to this. I ignore them and a book gets stolen. Yeah, that's really fair.

They want you to react back to them. They want you to say something so that they can use it against you. They want you to react so the have amioo to use on you. Ever time you do something or say somethin when they are making fun of you that's more amioo for them. They love that. They love the fact that you are reacting because they then know they got around your skin and they have won. Don't say anything to them to hit them act like a man and walk away. Let them act like the dumb *** they are.

No. Totally wrong. Even by not reacting you give a reaction. These little bastards know the signs, they know when they are winning at all. They use it. It doesn't matter if you show it or not. They can tell. And they keep on going.

-P!-

6. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    No. Totally wrong. Even by not reacting you give a reaction. These little bastards know the signs, they know when they are winning at all. They use it. It doesn't matter if you show it or not. They can tell. And they keep on going.

No that is not wrong.

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yes, I'm sure Trell pulled that entire post out of his arse.

8. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Ani, have you been made fun of since you were five years old?

In anycase, I ignored them. I ignored them a lot. It just got me made fun of more.

And I ask you again, why should I have to put up with them making fun of me? Why should I be made to suffer because of them?

-P!-

9. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Have you been made fun of since you were five years old?

Yes

10. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I edited. Address that.

-P!-

11. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    And I ask you again, why should I have to put up with them making fun of me? Why should I be made to suffer because of them?

You don't but to think that hitting them for making fun of you is the right thing. Well if you go into a bar and someone start saying things about you would you hit them? I would hope not all that would do is start a fight that would send you both to jail.

You never hit someone for using words. That's way out of line there.

12. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    No it isn't. Not when it becomes the only option. Not when you've been made fun of for months on end. Not when you've tried teachers, parents, everybody. When nothing works, you have to do it yourself.

You got made fun of since the age of five? Really? I doubt it was as bad as me. I wonder what weak ass bullies you had that just ignoring them worked? Because NEVER have they magically stopped because I ignored them. It gets worse if anything.

For ignoring these people, I almost got beat up by about 8 people at once. Yeah, that was a fun day. If not for my dad getting home a few minutes early, I would have been hurt VERY badlly. The bus driver just watched. You know why? Well, we were off the bus. Not his problem anymore. Hell, he ignored it ON the bus for the most part too.

-P!-

13. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    No it isn't. Not when it becomes the only option. Not when you've been made fun of for months on end. Not when you've tried teachers, parents, everybody. When nothing works, you have to do it yourself.

So you are just going to hit them. I'm sorry but I don't agree with that at all.

You got made fun of since the age of five? Really? I doubt it was as bad as me. I wonder what weak ass bullies you had that just ignoring them worked? Because NEVER have they magically stopped because I ignored them.

Weak one of them was the kind of guy who coudl be pased of as a skin head. Others were guys who had such bad home lifes the only thing they could ever do was left weights and make fun of other just to make themselves look good half those people who made fun of me never made it to the last day of high school they never got to see what was at the end of the road. The guy who coudl pass for a skin head. Well ignored and at the end he wished me luck in the future and we both laughed at the fact that the people who were handling are grauted(sp) had no idea what they were doing.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    So you are just going to hit them. I'm sorry but I don't agree with that at all.

Are you reading the posts in this thread besides your own?

15. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002

When it becomes hit them, or loose my property. I hit them. When it gets down with me putting up with their crap when I shouldn't have to, I hit them. When it becomes the only option, I hit them as hard as I can. I get psycho when the adrenaline pumps too.

It also isn't like I "just hit them." That has never been, and never will be my first option. I go to teachers, parents, whoever I can. It neve worked. I was in the office once or twice a day in most of middle school. They damn vice-principal never did a thing as far as I can tell. It never stopped. When it got to me having ROCKS thrown at me in the CAFATERIA for wanting to read my book in peace, yeah, I'll fight back.

Weak one of them was the kind of guy who coudl be pased of as a skin head. Others were guys who had such bad home lifes the only thing they could ever do was left weights and make fun of other just to make themselves look good half those people who made fun of me never made it to the last day of high school they never got to see what was at the end of the road. The guy who coudl pass for a skin head. Well ignored and at the end he wished me luck in the future and we both laughed at the fact that the people who were handling are grauted(sp) had no idea what they were doing.

I can't even understand the later part of that last sentance. In anycase, none of them sound that bad. Oh, they sound kinda big. Yeah, I had that, lots of that, a few groups of that. But these are folk who also threatened violence often.

Also, you have NOT given me ONE reason why I should put up with their crap. Why should I take it? WHY?

I <3 j00 Stacky Cakes.

-P!-

16. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Are you reading the posts in this thread besides your own?

So I have to agree with him? I'm sorry but I don't believe in hitting someone for making fun of him and calling him names.

I don't believe in that at all.

A guy who was like a skin head is not that bad. [face_plain]

Have you seen what a skin head looks like? Must of the kids that made fun of me all were the kinds of kids who had a bad home life so they worked out and would pick on people they thought were on cool. They were the kinds of kids that would make fun of you for just wearing something different form ever one else. They were the kinds of kids who had to make fun of other and pick on other who they thought were uncool.

They would also tell lies about people they did not like. That's right they would make things up. I found out that when you don't give them aimoo to use they back off. I stopped given them aimoo they backed off because they had no fun. Others did keep giving them aimoo.

17. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Me neither. It just becomes the only option at a point. It is a last resort. It is not right, but actually fighting for yourself, is the lesser of the two evils in many cases.

So... how often did you break down and cry in school?

-P!-

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    So I have to agree with him?

I was thinking more along the lines of not saying the exact same thing as if there wasn't even a second participant in the thread. But hey, whatever works for you.

19. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    So... how often did you break down and cry in school?

I never did because they would make themselves look like any *** and I was happy knowing that one day they would end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and out in the real world that would land them in a blood mess on the street. Crying also gives them aimoo to. Because they will say things to others about that to.

When you don't react to them and don't say anything to them it makes it really hard for them to keep saying things about you because you have said to them with out really saying that you don't care.

It's like if you go into a bar. If that big guy who works out etc, etc starts saying things to don't hit him let him act like an *** in front of ever one.

You hit him he hit's back you both end up in jail. Hitting someone for making fun of what you wear or look or what ever is not worther it.

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    and I was happy knowing that one day they would end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and out in the real world that would land them in a blood mess on the street.

Yet you're against fighting back ...

21. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    For someone saying saomething about me yes very much so. I'm not going to waste my time hitting someone for making fun of me. I become just as bad as them at that point.

22. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    A guy who was like a skin head is not that bad.

So he looks bad ass. Wowy zowy. I never got picked on by folk who looked bad ass before.

Have you seen what a skin head looks like? Must of the kids that made fun of me all were the kinds of kids who had a bad home life so they worked out and would pick on people they thought were on cool.

Yeah, that's what bullies do.

They were the kinds of kids that would make fun of you for just wearing something different form ever one else. They were the kinds of kids who had to make fun of other and pick on other who they thought were uncool.

Yeah, I had that. I also got made fun of for reading books, having a last name that was a bit funny. It was fun when in kindergarden they banned me from playing with them because.... forget why, I think they just felt like it.

They would also tell lies about people they did not like. That's right they would make things up.

Gee, never had that myself! :) [face_plain]

Yeah, that's standard.

I found out that when you don't give them aimoo to use they back off. I stopped given them aimoo they backed off because they had no fun. Others did keep giving them aimoo.

See, that may be it. They had other targets maybe. But in my experiance, I, the wacky kid who read books and stuff, I was the target. They do not go away. That theory of ignoring them, it just never worked. Because they do not go away. They can tell when it bothers you. Even a little. Even when you hide it. And they go in more.

Also, if you are having ROCKS thrown at you, what do you do? How do you ignore ROCKS?

I never did because they would make themselves look like any *** and I was happy knowing that one day they would end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and out in the real world that would land them in a blood mess on the street.

So, I brought the real world them in return for bringing it to me. Fairs fair. :)

Crying also gives them aimoo to. Because they will say things to others about that to.

I never did it infront of them. Never. Not once. But how often were you driven to it after school? In a bathroom?

When you don't react to them and don't say anything to them it makes it really hard for them to keep saying things about you because you have said to them with out really saying that you don't care.

No. Wrong. They will just scream it in your face, louder and closer. Why? Well, because the kid not giving them attention just makes them madder. How dare that little punk kid ignore them?

It's like if you go into a bar. If that big guy who works out etc, etc starts saying things to don't hit him let him act like an *** in front of ever one.

What if nobody thought he was an ass? What if they all thought he was the greatest thing ever? Also, this is far different then one night in a bar, this is months of harassment.

You hit him he hit's back you both end up in jail. Hitting someone for making fun of what you wear or look or what ever is not worther it.

pay attention to what I say. kthx.

For someone saying saomething about me yes very much so. I'm not going to waste my time hitting someone for making fun of me. I become just as bad as them at that point.

How? For defending yourself? No. You don't become as bad as them. You did not start it. You stood up for yourself.

-P!-

23. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    How? For defending yourself? No. You don't become as bad as them. You did not start it. You stood up for yourself.

You are hitting some for saying something to you. That is wrong on someone levels. so ever time someone says something bad about you are you going to hit them.

Go do that in a bar or at the place you work at you will be kicked out of the place or fired for that. They don't care if you are standing for yourself or not. Hitting someone for saying some mean things to you should not be worther you're job or life, or spending a night in jail.

24. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I made edits again. Address them. Also, I dare you to address the whole post, not the weakest part.

You are hitting some for saying something to you. That is wrong on someone levels. so ever time someone says something bad about you are you going to hit them.

Read what I said. We are talking months into this. Or after getting freaking ROCKS thrown at you.

Go do that in a bar or at the place you work at you will be kicked out of the place or fired for that. They don't care if you are standing for yourself or not. Hitting someone for saying some mean things to you should not be worther you're job or life, or spending a night in jail.

What about your pride? Self respect? Self esteem? Also, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A ONE DAY THING. I am talking about months and months of this. Years and years even.

Read my first example. How long did I put up with that kid for? How long?

-P!-

25. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I made edits again. Address them.

If you are going to say it like that to me no I won't. I will move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.