Chic, IL what to do in Chicago ?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by skip1, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey everyone,
    Im from Nashville,Tn and i will be up there in 2 weeks.If anyone has any suggestions on things to do i would appreciate it. I know you guys have a good con coming up, wish i could be there.
    I will only be there for a couple of days in the week. I was there a few years ago so i know my way around for the most part.

Thanks Skip

2. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if you're in town Sunday the 21st, you can join us for our annual picnic at Lincoln Park Zoo. Other than that, Navy Pier is a fun place to visit, and our numerous museums are also a good bet.
  3. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Well, if you'll be in the Northwest suburbs on the weekend, you could always stop by JodoKast's to watch him take in his recycling bins.

That's always fun.
  4. Rex_Karrde Jedi Knight

star 3
    I apologize for our ADD (Attention Deficiency Disorder), Hyperactive, out of control teen. JodoKast forgot to give him his pills this morning.

Anyways, what days are you going to be here in Chicago? And where are you going to be staying at? North side, South side or Burbs?

I work in the Club industry, I can give you a list of places to party @ depending in what you like. And for sight seeing, Chicago is the best.

One more thing, don't forget to bring your Star Wars toys.

:::Evil laughter:::
  5. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Rex, that was MEAN! :mad:

I'll start stalking YOU after I finish off Mark and Thom. You better watch yourself.
  6. Nick_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I just got back from Chicago.

lets see I.......went to SST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...uh i went to the taste......

....I went to the movies...

..........Navy Pier.........

.........beach.........

......and different people's houses.....

I got back here with 7 cents.

I almost forgot Uno's you HAVE to go to Uno's

I stayed for a week. while attending SST!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I only go to Uno's if I like eating ****ty pizza.
  8. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    In my brief stay here in the CF board, I deduced that JJ isn't the nicest of people.

:p
  9. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww....I'm the nice one. Who you need to avoid is NOT_JediJeff and Shifty McHaggis.
  10. NOT_JediJeff Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow - I think that makes two correct statements in a row, JJ13. You're amazing, for a dork.

And for what to do in Chicago: anything that has NOTHING to do with this group of losers.
  11. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
  12. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well i didnt mean to start something!

anyway, i will be there on wed. 24th through sat. morn 27th.

I was in chicago a few years ago and have been wanting to come back.I actually won a trip there from a radio station to go to tinley park and see "live" and "luscious jackson".my wife and i came alone and enjoyed running around town.

I will have my kids with me this time and i thought about checking out linkin park(haha) and doing the typical tourist stuff.navy pier,museums,faoschwartz ,etc.
    We are planning on staying about a half hour southeast of there near gary/crown point.

I wish there was something going on there sat. i would stay longer and bring one of my costumes.Im a member of the 501st.i have a royal guard suit and a vader suit too.going out in public is a blast.
    anyway talk to you guys later
    skip
  13. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    If you are going to be up that way and have kids in tow, check out the Lincoln Park Zoo (free!) and then head just north of the zoo to the Nature Museum. A former roommate used to volunteer there, and reportedly they have a great kid's area. Navy Pier also has a Children's museum, and there's always the Museum of Science and Industry. The Field Museum has many excellent exhibits, including Sue the T-Rex. Not the mention the Aquarium and the Planetarium just down the street from the Field. 8-}

If you are going to stop buy FAO, also be sure to stop by the Disney Store just south of there (on the east side of the street, about 2-3 blocks down on Michigan). Just beware the power of the Mouse, and his magical ability to drain your common sense and wallet. [face_devil]

BTW, what Con are you going to? Did I miss something? :confused:
  14. NOT_JediJeff Jedi Master

star 1
    The Field, the Shedd and the Adler all in walking distance. Ya can't beat that.

Especially since all the dorks here will be by the zoo.
  15. Rex_Karrde Jedi Knight

star 3
    And if you have a Babysitter, Head up to the Logde (21 W. Division). Garanttie you wil have fun. I work there...

SithMan I'm ready for you, baby...

Seriously, if you want to come to Chicago, let us know. Onw thing we know in Chicago is to take care of our own. We are the best HOST you will find.
  16. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well there arent any cons next weekend that i know of.i was just looking for a reason to troop in costume.

if anyone sees a white dodge caravan with a big "501st" logo on the back window, thats me

i may come up again in august to be in the fan film that is being made there.not to many people have costumes and i already have 2(im also putting together a clone trooper costume and a coruscant guard costume)so i may need someone to wear my royal guard costume. ill know more about that soon.

talk to ya later
    skip
  17. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    well i just got back from my visit to chicagoland,i had a good time.downtown is crazy!i have been there before so i knew how to drive.My wife and i were really pissed at the parking rates you guys pay.we spent 14 bucks to go to navy pier for 2 hours and see the fireworks wednesday night.then we paid 9 bucks to park at lincoln park and walk over to the beach.then we paid 8 bucks at the museum of science/ind to park.thursday night we drove around looking for a spot on the street to park,we found a parking spot on the street over near the rainforest cafe and were pulling in and a cop told us there was no parking there from 6pm-6am.but all the other parking spots on all of the city streets were filled so we couldnt figure out why we couldnt park there?anyone know why?
    anyway the best time we had was over in Michigan city at the beach there.it cost 2 dollars and we spent half the day there (yesterday).
    i wish i could have been there for the cookout.maybe ill be back up sometime.
    thanks skip
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.