main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What to do with the "48 hours of the force" items

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Slave_princessJedi, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave_princessJedi

Slave_princessJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    HI!! I want to start off by thanking everyone for an excellent job at the Wal-mart appearance this weekend! I know it was short notice but you all came through and I appreciate it.

A special thanks to Todd and Jackie for postponing having Hot water to do this( I can't wait to see the pictures Jacki took), Patrick putting off his Important dinner to show up (just 5 more minutes?)Joe for coming (with or without the younglings) Scott coming with no notice at all,Tony for the use of his babysitting service(kidding) Jim and Woody coming from Temple to help with flyers,autographs and pitching the photos.Thank you!!

As you all know, in exchange for our showing up I was promised our pick of the posters and banners in addition to our radio bit. We could have taken everything they had, but I wanted to be fair and leave some items for them to auction at the charity fund raisers coming up. (So I only took half.):} They also gave us copies of the photos they took and a nice 8X10 photo of us with thanks from Wal-mart store#407 along the bottom, which was a nice surprise.

The items we did get are as follows:

* Darth Vader cardboard poster
    * Yoda cardboard poster
    * Life size Yoda cut out with stand
    * 48' 48 hours of the force banner
    * Small Star Wars signs with Vaders head
    * 48 hours cardboard poster
    * 2 1/2'*3 1/2' picture of m&m vader and Darth Vader done completely in legos( took them 3 days to finish it)

In a nut shell we received quite a bit for our time and effort. My question is what do we do with it? I have some suggestions and would like your feedback.

The Darth Vader poster I think should go to live at Todd's.(of course)
    I beleive I got enough small signs for everyone, and the other posters I would like to use as either door prizes or auction on e bay, I'm up to suggestions.

The main thing I want to do is auction the lego board. The details on how to do this, should it be decided, aren't worked out yet.The proceeds from the sale could be used to purchase (or make) costumes for the group as well as supplies for appearances and future activities ( flyers, markers, drinks, food)
    As for costumes,I'd like at least a nicely made jedi for everyone. My reasoning is thus, We have exactly 1 Darth vader (our Star) 2 Troopers the 3rd being Todd's and one Jedi (ours are being made).Should everyone have a costume we wouldn't have to scramble around to find people to do an appearance (and in the process completely disrupt their plans)In any appearance we know we have a definite Trooper(Joe)and thats it.I would like to have more suits at our disposal for the future appearances ,i.e. the childrens miracle network telethon, YMCA fund raiser,K-Bees toy's, Suncoast,Premier Party....Whatever else that might come up. So! There you have it. Please let me know what you think, I'm open for suggestions. Thank you again for your help, it couldn't have been done without you!!

Sunshine

2. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Sunshine,

I agree with Todd getting the Vader poster...makes sense. :)

As for the lego masterpeice and the 48 foot banner, I think BOTH of those should be auctioned off (eBay or whatever method suits us best.)

The rest of the stuff could either be distributed (as evenly and fairly as possible) between the rest of the group or raffled off with the proceeds going towards costume purchasing and supplies as you mentioned above.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, the current costume count as follows:

1 Vader (Todd)
    4 Storm / Sand Troopers (Scott, Todd, Myself and Patrick)
    1 Jedi (Patrick)

Yeah - we definitely need more costumes !!

Also, Paul - I'll be emailing you a design idea for a lightsaber hilt soon... let me know if you think it's do-able...

just my 2 cents...

Joe

3. pattwa_fett

pattwa_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    thanks for calling me for the gig in wally world..it was so fun and the reason why I got my costumes. To make the faces of the kids happy and make some fans have fun. I heard Joe and I have groupies?? sweet!!! The lego master piece I think should be auctioned or raffled at the next appearance. More than likely ebay since it has more people to look at it. Can't wait til the next gig :D Hope I don't have to work.

4. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Man... sounds like I missed ALOT of fun!!! Oh well... maybe next time.

5. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, much appreciated on the Vader poster. Yes, I will gladly take that one since I seem to be the "Vader Fan" of the chapter. hehehe

Thanks so much to everyone who participated. I also posted more thanks on the other 48 hours thread. :))

I agree with everyone. We should auction off both those items and eBay would be a great place to do it and then either donate the cash or get the costumes.

Jacki eBays very often and does quite well. So perhaps we could ask Jacki and tap that knowledge base she so secretly safeguards... :)

My 2 cents... hehehe

Todd
    DF

6. Jedisabre

Jedisabre Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    I agree that we should auction off the items on eBay.

I had a lot of fun this weekend and can't wait for the next event!

Woody

7. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    What is our next event? Wal-Mart was way cool!

8. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Okay Campers... *S*

We are all decided to auction off the lego/M&M thing and the 40 foot banner, yes?

Then the next thing is when. We talked about this at the meeting and if I'm correct, we agreed to wait a bit until the market on ebay was not so glutted. Perhaps we will be able to get this done and costumes finished before the DVD release in Nov. That way, we'll have more people to spread out at more stores.

Now, we also talked of a taxes, non-profit status, checks and balances and all the other sticky legal things.

I propose, that with Jackie's aid,(if she is willing, that is *S*)we put these things up for auction with a reserve price on them, after investigating what the market will bear of course. Then Sunshine can co-ordinate getting costumes made. Then, anyone who needs financial aid putting together their costume, can submit their receipts for costuming materials to me and be reimbursed. I think this will work best and keep down any possible finger pointing about money in the future.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Ideas? Speak up, it's everyone's club.

Also in this same vein, we talked about how to dole this all out fairly, ie. sweat equity or matching funds. Any ideas on how to do this? Would appearances, once costumes are made, count as sweat equity?

Ideas, thoughts, anyone?... Bueller?...Bueller?

Did I miss anything important that we need to talk about further?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.