main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI What to do

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by huttese1138, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    What about meeting at Borders again? We could chat for awhile and then go see ice age at the Star or AMC. I dont know how this fits with all of you, but no one else is bringing anything up. I do think we should meet at a cafe again...good surroundings.

Oh, I am talking about this Saturday - the 16th...two months to go!

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Sounds good to me...

Then again, I'm easy to please...for these kinds of things. ;)

3. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Depending on who's interested, would you all consider going out towards Brighton? There is an AMC out there and that way Kat and Idgie would have it easier. No Borders, but Meijers has a cafe (not the same, I know). Anyway, just a thought.

Count me in for whatever (and my hubby, too, if that's ok.)
    M.

4. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Sounds fine...I'll need directions and a time. I think we should spend some time chatting before the movie.

5. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Sounds good to me too.Can someone send me directions as well?

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    What time? Iffin it's earlier in the day I may be able to show...my wife works in the evenings on saturday. If we go to see Ice Age I may bring my son along.

7. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Ooops, I goofed the theater in Brighton is an MJR, not an AMC. Sorry about that. It's brand new and has all the amenities, regardless. It's called the MJR Brighton Town Square Cinema 16.

So, anyway, if Brighton is ok with everyone, I can handle giving directions. I'll assume everyone can find their way to I-96 and W. Grand River. That's the exit you want. Go south on Grand River. Meijer(if that works for our pre-movie chat location) will be on the west side, past Challis Road, maybe half a mile. Big Signs, can't miss it.

The theater is a little trickier since it's hidden behind some other stuff. Also, south on Grand River, but turn west(right) onto Challis Road. The Town Square plaza signs are on that corner and there is a Home Depot in there. The theater is hidden way in the back corner of the plaza behind Home Depot. So make your way though there, go around behind HD and you'll see it.

Showtimes for Ice Age on Saturday, March 16 were not available on Moviefone as of today. I'm partial to around 7-8PM or later, but I'm flexible, too. Somebody make an executive decision on the time ;)

Hope that helps,
    M.

8. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    7-8pm works for me;maybe if the theater's that tricky to get to,we could think about having some carpools from Meijer's?

9. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

It may take me a while to get down there as I live in Lapeer.

Could I bring my little girl? She is my little Padawan and she loves Darth Vader.

10. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Ok, Then lets meet at 6:30 in the Meijer's cafe. Look forward to it.

11. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Huttese,

You do realize that by taking the initiative to make the decision on time, you are just setting yourself up to be the city rep, right? ;) JK!

See you all then!
    M.

12. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Well,Dustin if you want to be our city rep,I would advise first manipulating some cronies into setting up a blockade around Detroit,then drafting a bogus treaty,which would legitimize the whole thing and then...

Oh,never mind!:)6:30 sounds good to me.See you all then!

13. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    This probably won't be a problem...but I just hope that the Brighton MJR has evening shows of Ice Age (it's been so long since I've been out there to see a movie).

They should, but I'll check the times when I come in to work tomorrow and double check. If not...then we'll have to figure out something else to do.

14. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    According to the MJR website, times for Ice Age on Saturday are as follows:

6:40PM, 7:30PM, 9:00PM, 9:40PM

I also double checked it at moviefone.com. Same times listed there. I vote for the 9:00PM since that will mean fewer little ones and more chat time.

Regards,
    M.

15. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    9pm works for me. That way I'll be able to definately have a little bit 'o pop corn.

...just can't go to the movies without some pop corn. ;)

16. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    well folks...it's looking as though I may be able to make the meeting Saturday. :D My wife was able to find someone to take her shift. I am looking forward to meeting ya'all! Until then...may the force be with you! :cool:

17. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Just so ya know, I'm not going to make it this Sat. Now that I'm going to CII I have to work & make some $. Yay, trading in my beloved fan force meetings for working at a place called "Dog-O-Mat." Oh well, it's more than worth it. I'll definately be at the "official" April meeting though.

18. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I know how that is SwordChick.

I'll be cutting back on a lot of expenses from now 'til the Celebration. So no more "bars" for me or "big dinner's out with the girls."

But it's the price you pay for going to C2! hehe :D

19. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Bianca, what route are you taking to get to Brighton this Saturday? I dont know the area very well.

20. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    M-59 West to Old US-23 (just after the ramp for US-23). Turn left.

Old 23 South to Hilton Rd.
    - You'll pass by:
    Bergin Rd.
    McClements Rd.
    Hyne Rd. is the last "major" road before Hilton

Turn right on to Hilton Rd. until it dumps you right on to Grand River.

You'll end up just east of I-96 on Grand River so you want to take a left at the light.

After you get past I-96 you'll be in the general area of the Meijers (on the right) and the movie theater complex/mall will be on the left.

I scanned a rough map of the route and uploaded it to the file section of the Yahoo Group.

21. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Both the Meijer and the theater are on the WEST side of Grand River.

Bianca, you said the theater is on the left. Did you mean EAST? If so, that's the OLD theater in the Kmart/JoAnn's/Farmer Jack plaza. That one is no longer in business.

The NEW MJR is on the other side of Grand River behind Home Depot. (I know all this because I was running late for a movie out there and went to the wrong spot. We were driving around trying to find the new one, and cursing the fact that we were missing previews!) Anyway, if everyone just comes to Meijer first, it will be no problem to get to the theater.

See you tomorrow night!
    M.

22. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Wow, I'm surprised...the old guy actually built another new theater (I used to work for the MJR theater chain, and he was known as some what cheap back then). ;)

I guess I'll see everyone at Meijer's later this evening! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.