main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what to expect in 2002 for Starwars CCG?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by bobafett2000, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett2000

bobafett2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    Do you guys have any ideas to what Decipher will cook up for us next year as far as it goes for CCG stuff? Maybe Naboo expanded set or lost footage expanded set?

2. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Well Episode II comes out in 2002, so naturally I'd expect them to start doing Episode II cards, and have to come up with a solution for an Anakin. Also, I'd think we will se some enhanced Tatooine/Couruscant/Theed Palace (characters with weapons).

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Reflections III and Theed Palace are coming up soon, and then Episode 2 will come out in May and we'll have a whole bunch of new material to make cards from.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think you'll see episode 2 expansions till late 02 at the earliest, they'll probably want to wait so they include the most accurate EU lore on the cards and stuff for the characters.

My guess? For most of 02 we'll get enhanced products, maybe a fourth anthology or something like that, perhaps anything from Skywalkers that wasn't incorporated into the E1 expansions will get an 80 card expansion release or something. Late 02/early 03 we'll get E2 products and Reflections 4.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, Decipher was coming out with YJ cards even before Episode 1 came out, so they are certainly capable of making E2 cards for SW:CCG around the time that E2 comes out.

6. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm pretty sure Theed and R3 are coming out in '01. Other than that I'm not really sure whats happening.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I just hope they wait a while to do them. Coruscant came out way too soon after Tatooine, and, although they did a great job with this set, it was a strain on my bank account to get the new cards.

8. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    I think they are doing this so they dont have any Ep.I being release during the Ep.II wildfire.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not that I don't think Decipher is CAPABLE of bringing out full E2 expansions in 02, I just don't think they're going to. Look how long it took them to bring out E1 expansions. They're gonna space themselves out so they can fill the gap between E2 and E3 adequately.

10. bobafett2000

Aug 18, 2001
    It would be cool for Decipher to release unlimted sets of Cloud City & Jabba's Palace for the ones who want them.White border cards that is.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You probably won't be seeing white border Jabba's Palace for some time- since they're probably still having a heck of a time gettin rid of the black border cards out despite including them in like 6 different products (JP, EJP, JPSD, 3rd anth, R1 and R2). JP was a pretty weak expansion.

12. Hunter_Rose

Hunter_Rose Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2001
    Anyone looking forward to General Jar-Jar??? Dead Gungan?

13. bobafett2000

Aug 18, 2001
    Another good idea for Decipher to do for next year is to find some kind of way to make locations of the planets Kessel and Kashyakk.

14. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Kessel and Kashyyyk locations? Why?

Pure speculation on my part, but for 2002, I agree that we'll see some sort of "boutique" product: Anthology IV, Enhanced something (Tatooine??), or an Episode I Sealed Deck product. I tend to think the last one is most likely. It would be the most likely product to encourage EpI closed environment tourneys, PLUS help Decipher get rid of any excess EpI boosters they have before EpII comes out.

Does anyone else wonder if we'll see Episode I starter decks? If Episode I is such a good starting point for new players, as Decipher says it is, why not a new starter deck product?

For the rest of 2002, I think we'll see one or two EpII expansions and one more "boutique" product mentioned above. HOPEFULLY that will be it: 2 regular expansions and 2 specialty products. If that's not enough for D., they'll probably put out another Reflections product. (Sigh)

15. bobafett2000

Aug 18, 2001
    I would love to see a couple of new Luke cards like a dark side card of Luke in stormtrooper disguise to match the Han Solo card which was part of the special edition set.And also X-wing pilot Luke card if possible.

16. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    An enhanced episode 1 set would be cool, but pleaase not Tatooine. I mean, I think 7 If the Trace was correct is enough already! That's only from 1 and a half boxes! The small set was good from a collecting standpoint, but not many uncommons or commons in the set means more multiples of certain cards.

17. bobafett2000

Aug 18, 2001
    I would love to have Decipher to make a lost footage set from the original Starwars trilogy.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    well, in a way, they've already been accessing lost footage for many cards ever since premiere's Vaporator (they just removed luke from the pic), examples are SE's Camie and, I believe, Imperial Command from DS2 (the pic of Jerjerrod walking with Vader)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.