main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto What type of Collector Are you?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Feb 8, 2003.

?

What type of Collector Are you?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. I keep all my Star Wars merch in Mint condition, never take it out of it's box!

4.8%
  2. What fun is all the action figs and other merch if it's in a box?

61.9%
  3. I do both, half my collection is still in original packaging, half I took out.

33.3%
  4. I have two of everything! So I can have one in packaging and and one for display.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
  2. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Just curious! Want to see the habits of the collectors out here! So start posting ;)

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    *Looks around*

Careful child, such ceremonies might awaken Crazy Mike...

:p

As for collections, I have a large plastic bin with the entire 1984 line of Transformers, each one complete with all their pieces.

Well, okay, I'm still missing Optimus Primes plastic fuel hose, Hounds gas tank and spare tire, Trailbreakers right fist and Thundercrackers short bomb pieces.

But other then that. Its complete.

I even threw in a Beast Wars transmetal 2 Megatron inside thie "Ark" of mine.

;)

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    I aspire to my father? What can I say?

Ever since I was young all toys came out of their boxes. So my orginal 5 figs that I bought are loose. There are times I'd like to keep my figs and other merch in their boxes, yet, I do take them out.... I know, not same value, yet I like them this way more.

5. Darth_DTS

Darth_DTS Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2003
    Me, I'm not much of a collecter, I just buy whatever is new that I like.

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm the same way, if I see something I like, I will buy it, regardless of its condition. The toys that I bought new are still in there Original packages, the rest I just left the way I got them :)

7. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm pretty much the same as DTS,

I spend my money on what I like, of what is out, and search for certian pieces of other collections.

I don't collect much SW stuff tho. [face_blush]

*chews gum*

AMi

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Where's the option for "I don't collect"?

9. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    You aren't a type of collector, don't vote. :)

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I didn't.

What happens if I do? :p

11. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    We collect you...

:p

12. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Most of the Star Wars stuff I collect is original ('77-'84). So when I shell out for original figures still on the original Empire or Jedi card...it's staying there! :)

But, I have a collection of vintage loose SW action figures too. :p

13. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Which includes a '80 Bespin gown Leia that can't hold a blaster over a keyboard to save her life.

;)

14. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

ahhh collecting. i know it well, my room for those who have seen it is sort of an ecclectic assortment of collections..that or what my sister calls the tragic remains of an exploded gypsy caravan ;)

if i buy something or am given something rare its staying in package, if its something i happen to just like then it usually comes out of the package. ideally i'd love to have two of many things..but realistically i a) don't have the money and b) don't have the room.

lately though my addiction of choice has been lego...ahh lego. what fun!!

of course my real addiction is starbles. collecting those things is driving me bonkers!

15. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I thought I felt a disturbance in the Crazy Side of the Force.

I'm a halfling collector...I keep some packaged or carded, and some loose.

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Right when I hit "Submit Poll" I remmembered that I should have put "I don't collect" thus it was to late.

17. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    "I keep all my Star Wars merch in Mint condition, never take it out of it's box!"

DOWN WITH THE "TOY LIBERATION FRONT"!!!!

18. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    If I want to open a 3.75 figure I will buy a second one to open. As for the rest of my stuff that just depends on if I want to open it or not.

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I think that a trip is in order to free some of your figures Chris [face_laugh]

20. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    mike, you know how hard it was for me to look at all those figures in the box at chris's. it was torture not to grab and rip. but it looked good.

21. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Right now all my stuff is in a second layer of boxing. Since the move I haven?t taken anything out of the moving boxes till I get my theater/SW room finished.

I'm hoping to start working on the room at the end of this month.

22. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    "of course my real addiction is starbles. collecting those things is driving me bonkers!"

LOL :D Where are you still finding those things??? Pretty glass orbs with SW pics in them...fun :)

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I was a a pretty big collector from '97 to '99, up until TPM came out and getting the waves of figures meant ordering from the States.

I have most of the POTF2 figures, a few waves of TPM and tons of other stuff (tons pale to the tons of others, it's all relative). Most of my collection is in their original boxes, binned away in my basement while I went away for university.

I'm hoping, once settled, to open most of them up and have them on display. Every time I see the bins in the basement, I have to sigh, all those toys boxed away with no room to display them... *sigh*

24. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Ohh, I just bought two new figs yesterday! Aura Sing and Luke, after he was frozen with the TaunTaun ;) :p

Very Happy.

25. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Perhaps it makes me less ofa collector but the toys must breath...ARTOO MUST BE FREEEEEE!!! Besides every few weeks i like to rearange my modest collection so that all of my figures are in some sort of scene...right now its all the jedi on one side of my great white north diarama and all the villians on the other with the peeps stuck in between standing front and center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.