main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What unanswered questions from the Star Wars saga need to be addressed in the live action series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Captain_Typho, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    What unanswered questions from the Star Wars saga need to be addressed in the live action series? And why?

Here's a few I've thought of:

The Jedi's turning to ghost theories has to be explained, especially since Qui Gon's return from the netherworld of the force was brought up at the end of ROTS. To me, bringing up that issue without actually showing or hearing Qui Gon at the end of the film leaves a lot of unanswered questions that really aren't addressed in the classic trilogy. I feel Qui Gon's ghost has to play some kind of a role in the live action series, even if it is only a small part of the series, just to clear that issue up. There's also the issue of Anakin looking younger as a ghost in ROTJ, which makes no sense as it stands right now.

Leia's mother. We need some kind of explanation for why Leia has recollections of her real mother and Luke doesn't even though she was only with her for seconds before she died. I think she's probably referring to Bail's wife, cause at the time Luke hadn't revealed the truth to Leia, but still, we need to see Mrs. Organa get more screentime. We need to see what Leia talks about at the end of ROTJ, the kindness, the sadness etc, and why she was sad.

A big question which I'm sure will be answered wil be how the Rebellion is actually formed. This was kind of a deleted scene from ROTS but since it isn't canon, we'll need something to show why and how the Rebellion was formed.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would like to find out how the Rebellion starts to really GROW in power...

I would also like to see EXACTLY how long DID the Death Star take to be "finished?"

I know they won't show this, but the history involving the enslavement of the Wookies, the transition from clones to soldiers recruited from all over the galaxy and trained in the Imperial academy.

Also something I know they won't show is, I would like to see more of Han Solo's history-how he meets Lando, meets Chewbacca, gets the Millenium Falcon, etc...more about his feats with making the Kessel Run would be interesting, too...I've always been intrigued with that whole part of the story...

3. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    DARTH_BELO, they probably won't show any "young Han Solo" stuff (at least, not yet!), but my guess/feeling/hope/intuition is that we'll get to see some more of the Wookiees, as well as more insight into the transition from clones to recruits.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I don't think they need to show enslavement of wookies but they probably will. For me, it doesn't really tie into the films in any way....just EU material. Now the clones becoming diverse recruited soldiers DOES need to be explained because it is very strange to go from jango clones in ROTS to non Jango clones in ANH. It doesn't make any sense.

5. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The subject of Leia's memories isn't that big a deal to me, but it IS a big enough issue for some people that I agree that it does need to be addressed.

I also think we need to find out exactly how and why the Empire was changed from the way it was in its infancy (many races and cultures, not just humans) to the way it was at the height of its power (mainly humans).

6. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    There are a few explanations:

1. They experienced a shortage of clones, so they began recruiting soldiers.
    2. In Battlefront II, the Kaminoans turn against the Empire, and afterwards, the Emperor declares that the clones be used from many different hosts.

I would much prefer for Temura Morrison to record over all the stormtrooper lines in the OT. I feel they are much more menacing if they are all clones of the same person, bred for battle, and trained from birth. I think that is better than just having the stormtroopers be a bunch of regular guys.

7. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    for the eighteen billionth time - Leia is meaning Padme. This has been confirmed.

8. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I don't know why people have such an issue with Leia remembering Padme. For a normal person, it would be impossible. But Leia is extremely Force-sensitive, and even though she's had no training in using it, she probably has visions during sleep or unconscious images of Padme. Luke was able to see Cloud City even though he's never been there, and said that Dagobah felt oddly familiar without having ever heard of it. It's not a big deal. Folks just like to nitpick the PT, but let these same "plotholes" slide in the OT.

9. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    All of the questions posted here can easily be explained if you took the time to look.

10. Darthbane2007

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, they did say that the 501st was the only unit around in ANH to still be made up completely of Jango Clones. Other than that, all the others are made up of Clones from other people and regular human males.

11. Darthbane2007

Oct 31, 2007
    1. I would say the Death Star took a majority of the 19-20 year gap between ROTS and ANH. That involved massive imports of Metal, Turbolaser equipment, Core for the Superlaser, and a BUNCH of other things, not to mention slave labor.

2. The empire enslaved Wookies. What more needs to be shown or explained.?

3. I believe the Han Solo Trilogy/Han Solo Adventures answer this already, if i'm not mistaken.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Actually I never knew there was a "Han Solo Trilogy..." (books, I'm assuming)...interesting...

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, they're a series of books. Good ones, too.

And the New Essential chronology gives a pretty detailed rundown as to who actually formed the Rebellion proper, as opposed to a bunch of Senators discussing vague ideas pre-Empire. :p

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually the Han Solo Trilogy and the Han Solo Adventures are two separate trilogies.

15. JediGlass

JediGlass Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2008
    I have a few questions that maybe some of you might be able to answer.

1. In TESB, why does Yoda act so scared and childish when Luke first arrives to find him?

2. How come both Obi-wan and Yoda both just vanish when they die, instead of a dead body being present and the proper Jedi cremated ceremony?

3. How old exactly is Luke in the movies and why does Obi-wan look like he aged 40 years while other characters only aged about 20? I mean in episode 3, OBW had to only be 20s-low 30s max. If luke was 20ish, then OBW could only be 45-50s and in episodes 4,5,6 hes like 75 while Annakin, emperor, and others look proper age.

4. How come Luke never asked about his mother while talking to Annikan? Also, I wished that they showed her as well in the end of ROTJ.

16. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    JediGlass, it's doubtful your questions will be answered in the live-action TV series (which is the topic of this thread), given that the TV series will not focus on the Skywalker family or any major characters.

I recommend looking at the Thread Indexes of both the PT and CT Forums to find discussions about your questions. Failing that, each of those forums also has a "Quick questions" thread that you might try.

This is simply not the thread for your questions, but I feel certain the discussions you're looking for are out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.