What us Brits are up to at present..........

Discussion in 'FanForce Activities' started by Darth_Asabrush, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush Force Ghost

star 5
    Heres an update of what we Brits are getting up to:

"Saturday September 28th, Glasgow, a gathering of any members of our wee internet community who can make it: - all welcome, Scottish, English, Scottish people living in England, Greek people, Aberdonians etc"

Glasgow roll call
    Toochilled
    Padawan SDM
    Clone-Warrior
    Obi-one-and-only
    MrDankDonk
    Darth Fresco

Maybes
    Az Azzameen
    Westford

We are also arranging a meet in September. This is being organised by Jamie69. The details are as follows:
    It's the annual Leigh regatta and I thought it might be nice to have a 'meet-up' there. A change of scene would be nice,don't you think? The general plan will be to spend the afternoon down there then maybe head back to ours for a few jars...and a barbeque.

Then of course there's the London meet........

It is now time for more info regarding the August park meet on Sunday 17th August 2002. This meet has two aims; to get SW fans from different groups together and to relax in a park in London.

We will meet under the clock in Waterloo at 12:30. From there we will proceed towards Buck House and the Royal Parks. On finding a suitable spot we shall lunch on the picnics that we have brought with us. Conversations will be had, jokes will be told and hopefully the weather shall be enjoyed!

This is intended to be a nice relaxing time away from the chaos of central London. Please can we enjoy out time in pleasant surroundings.

Should the weather turn bad (or we run out of jokes about Jar Jar Binks), we will possibly head towards either the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum or the Planetarium. My preferred choice is the NHM, but I will go with the masses on the day. I do not want to dictate to the masses, I'll leave that to the Sith!

As the evening draws on, we shall head towards an eating place and then onto a bar for drinks. Again, I have no concrete plans but have allowed for a spontaneous choice. Anyone that has not attended the Reading Sci Fi fair meets should be aware at this stage that WE WILL NOT BE EATING AT PIZZA HUT.

If anyone is in our neck of the woods, please, drop by and see us! :)
  2. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Don't forget to post on the main page. :)
  3. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ok an update as well as the Glagow meet on the 28th September. There will be a meet in London on the 22nd October no details have been confirmed yet shall figure that out when I get some more numbers :)
  4. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ok the meet that was to take place next weekend in Glasgow has now been moved to the 19th October instead. See Here for details

22nd October is still going ahead in London for a meal in the evening time and place have not been finalised yet pm me for further details .

A meet for 30th November is being planned, either for the Harry Potter movie or Bond movie again PM me for more details [link] :)
  5. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    *enters thread and removes dust sheets and cobwebs*

Ok, the London Chapter has the following meets on the go:-

1. 18th Jan - Visit to the Tate Britain Art Gallery and no doubt lots of shopping and coffee. If interested see: Tate Britain
    or PM myself or AmberStarbright.

2. 1st Feb - Meet to see Nemesis and no doubt lots of good Chinese food and if everybody is over 18, a relaxing evening in the nearest pub. If interested see Nemesis Meet or PM myself or DarthArsenal6.
  6. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Another meet on the go for the London UK chapter.

8th Feb
    Visit to the Science Museum (which is now free), Chinese food, and again if everybody in attendance is over 18 the usual pub visit - if interested check out The Science Museum Thread or contact myself :)

EDIT to enter the date of the meet :p
  7. Turr_Phennir Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, great to see a thread about the activities of the British contingent :) I will be posting details of Milton Keynes meets shortly...
  8. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
  9. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    1. Dare Devil meet date will be the 15th.

2. Nemesis meet has been cancelled.
  10. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    The Greenwich/Canary Wharf meet is now going to be taking place in April.

Other meets coming up will include Collectormania, Memorabilia and the Summer Park Meet.

Saturday, 8th March - afternoon and evening relaxed social meet in London. No firm details arranged. PM or e-mail me if interested :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.