Speculation What vehicles do you want to see in episode 7?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Since episode 7 is most likely going to be set after ROTJ, I'm expecting the return of the X-Wing, Y-Wing, Star Destroyer and TIE Fighter.

I'd like to see the Mon Calamari Cruiser again with Admiral Ackbar leading an assault, and I'd like to see the B-Wing more. And maybe if Boba Fett's in the movie then maybe Slave III? Not just a new paint job, but an upgrade version of Slave II.
    I'd also like to see famous ships like the Millennium Falcon return of course, and even the Tantive IV since it may have never been destroyed.

Also do you want to see vehicles from the PT return? There are some that would be quite cool to see back in the action.
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Nov 3, 2012
  2. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    The X-Wing needs as glorious return!
  3. Tarzimp Jedi Knight

More than any one style of vehicle returning(although seeing the classics again would be awesome) I want to see a return to the used universe style of vehicle design. Things in the OT look rugged and used when we see them on film. Made the vehicles seem much more interesting than those designed with sleek lines and perfect exteriors.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Remember, the sleek designed ships were inspired by cars of the 50's...don't think you'll have to worry about that this time around.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    If Fett is in it Slave I should be as well.
  6. AussieRebel Force Ghost

star 1
    The film should open with a squadron of X-wings battling bounty hunters!
  7. Tobi Jedi Knight

That would be so awesome.

How about an upgrade version of AT-AT and AT-ST
  8. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    You know there has to be a speeder bike somewhere too!
  9. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    It would feel wrong if we didn't have some variation of Star Destroyer. I've become quite fond of the image of Clone Wars Jedi on the bridge of their cruisers.
  10. the_sinister_hologram Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Last edited by the_sinister_hologram, Nov 3, 2012
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Capital ships tend to have long life spans... it would make sense to have a blend of ship types in the New Republic... many of which should be Star Destroyers.
  12. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    I want to see the return of the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, and Millennium Falcon.
  13. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
    I bet they open with a star destroyer chaseing a small ship like in ANH, but then reverse the roles and have the destroyer be a Republic ship, and the small ship be the baddie.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Millennium Falcon,

That is all.
  15. Diggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Obviously would love to see most of the OT vehicles back but also really looking forward to see new fighters, ships and walkers - all as close as possible to the clunky OT vibe (this goes for the costumes too as well actually - especially if they take as much inspiration from ESB as possible.
  16. Cyrax86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Rebel Medium Transport.
  17. yodasbum Force Ghost

star 2
    Would like to see an old even more battered Falcon passed on to the possible Solo/Skywalker kids. More problems with it than ever but that she still has it where and when it counts.
  18. Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Master

star 1
    It would be great to see someone inside the cockpit of the Falcon again, and assuming in 3d* too, right? Wow. I'm also all for the "used universe" look. Here's someone's interesting take on the designs from the OT: http://essenmitsosse.de/the-designs-of-star-wars/

*Good 3d, not the crappy converted type (so wanting Avatar and Hugo quality)
    Last edited by Tibanna Gas Mine, Nov 3, 2012
  19. GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Master

star 1
    i'd like to see an all-original ensemble. all those 'oh look it's the (whatever) from the ot' spots in the pt just seem cheesy and pandering
    Last edited by GargantuanThrillMachine, Nov 3, 2012
  20. Boxster Force Ghost

star 1
    I hope they hire the designs from KOTOR and TOR to design the ships for the ST.

90% of all the ships in the prequels are UGLY!
  21. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Land vehicles with wheels instead of legs. Or hovercraft. Some sort of sign that the galactic military learned from past mistakes.
  22. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Millenium Falcon (a given)
    Stealth X's
    The Jade Shadow
    The Lady Luck
    Amphimachus likes this.
  23. Jair Crawford Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd like to see returns of the classics, but also some next-gen vehicles introduced. I mean, sure technology in the SW Uni moves slowly, but still. Lets see an X-wing 2.0 introduced at some point in the trilogy.
  24. Uncle Owen Force Ghost

star 4
    +1
  25. stellarmagic01 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Stealth X isn't one I'd like to see, the XJ model X-wing would be nice though.