main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What vehicles do you want to see in episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Nov 3, 2012.

1. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    I have a feeling that most ships will be updated versions of the OT ships. The only new ships will belong to the new baddies.

2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Imperial aesthetic!

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I still want to see an Interdictor Cruiser in action!

Here's one artists take on how it might look...
    [​IMG]

Ryus, fistofan1, Iron_lord and 5 others like this.
  4. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Would love to see new designs, but I hope they keep a few X-wings around! They're iconic.

I imagine the in-world developments will affect whatever tech progress has happened, and we don't know the story yet, so it's hard to guess at this point. Could be they let the fighters go to rust in peacetime in favor of rebuilding from war and instead have more civilian craft, or maybe they have still been fighting enemies and we'll see kick-butt next-gen fighters.

5. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    We'll most likely see mostly new ships (the Falcon will still be there is Han is is there), beyond that.....

X-wings and Tie fighters were iconic before and they didn't use them in the PT.

They'll take the oppertunity to design and add new things.

6. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Having something very close to the designs seen in ROTJ would be best, sure make them a little different but more like a slight evolution (like you get between a 2000 and 2012 Mercedes).

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh I'm sure there will be plenty of new ships. There's got to be some sort of a romance in this new trilogy.

Vid_The_Impaler and CT-867-5309 like this.
  8. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starfighter
    this page is nice because it lists all (?) starfighters by cathegory (eras)
    There is a Rebel Alliance / New Republic / Galactic Alliance cathegory.

So just to name a few:
    Oh and the

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Of course. They need to sell new toys.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  10. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    A wise response, this.

I am hoping we see the adaptation of a lot of the EU post-ROTJ ships. I don't really care if they step over the EU storywise, but there are some boss ships used by both sides...

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    PT ships sometimes had a hint of the OT about them. The ARC-170 looks a bit X-Wing-ish, and the starfighter Anakin flies in RoTS looks a bit TIE Fighter-ish.

Maybe the new ships will look like "evolved" versions of the OT ones?

12. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    The sun crusher, just kidding.

I'd like to see the old trilogy Jedi ships kind of get updated. Plus Stealth X, XJ's, updated A wings, B wings, Y wings, X wings, maybe an E wing

13. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    First i'd like to see the Skywalker kids in a speeder trike chase

[​IMG]

and then of course Connie Mundi piloting the the der Mundirsnitchel delivery craft in the final battle of franchise war

[​IMG]

14. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe we will see this one
    [​IMG]

TreborSabreon and davvi36 like this.
  15. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    But in all seriousness, the v-wing seen in Rogue Squadron was pretty cool, it was like a modified snowspeeder.
    [​IMG]

I hope we see some x-wings and tie fighters. But sure some new designs sure will be added too.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  16. VonDan

Oct 4, 2012
    the only way we get to see the exact ships from the original series is if they are At the Endor battle museum ship and there is an attack and the only ships left are the old Home One mon cal star liner and the x wings on display

17. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Star Wars Ep 7: Battleship
    BATTLESHIP SPOILERS
    They use an old ship, and old sailors help staff the ship to kill the aliens. (It is also the premise to Ep: 7 Battleship)

18. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Wild karrde

19. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I kinda smiled at the title of this thread. It reminded me of my old Episode 3 thread called One Ship, Two Ship, Red Ship, Blue Ship where I think I speculated about what ship would get destroyed at the start of Episode 3 to mirror the ambassador ship and the senators ship in TPM and AOTC.

At least that's what I remember. Can't remember if that was the thread I speculated about Chancellor Palpatine being kidnapped though. I had some really spot on ideas when it came to Episode 3. Not so much for TPM and AOTC though.

Anyways, I would like to see upgraded TIE Fighters incorporated into the New Republic forces......if there is a New Republic.

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Tis awesome. Really wants to make me replay Empire at war now.

21. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    Here's an thought:

If there ends up being remnants of the Empire in VII, I imagine that they're fleet wouldn't look as sleek and polished as they did in the OT but more used and abused much like the Rebel's ships originally appeared. Decades of fighting with the Rebels and recycling of old parts would leave the empire with tie fighters that look like they've been through absolute hell. On the flip side, the Rebels have had more resources to improve their ships. So maybe we will see a few more newly designed New Republic ships, but I'm banking on Disney going with nostalgia and taking those old X-Wings and simply giving them beautiful new "Republic" style paint jobs. Question: Being a passionate pilot, would Luke ever willfully pilot ANYTHING other than the X-Wing that he blew up the Death Star with and subsequently became Rogue Leader because of? If anything we know that if Luke's back there's a pretty good chance that we will see his X-wing again, same with Han and the Falcon.

Here's my thinking when it comes to the NEW ships though: The prequels were a great excuse for George and his team to design new ships that looked totally unlike anything in the OT and gradually work towards that "used" style as the Clone Wars progressed. The ship design and overall atmosphere is one of the few things I liked about the PT. This grabbed collector's interest right away and I believe got them to buy way more toys than they would have if it had just been a rehash of the less sleek-looking OT ships. Now that the PT is gone and passed and every body has bought way too much clone wars stuff, people are hungry for some of the old Star Wars stuff again. With this sequel trilogy I truly believe that Disney is going to incorporate as many OT ships as possible to bank on the nostalgic factor to both A: get middle-aged OT fan's butts back in seats by making it feel and look more like an OT Star Wars flick, and B: to even out the over-saturation of PT toys that are currently on the market. I swear there's way more clone wars toys out there now than OT toys and I never thought that would be possible. I would say that we will get both new ships and some updated ones, but hopefully with each new update we can get some kind of cool explanation about what the new ships do and how they've improved on overall technical design.

22. VonDan

Oct 4, 2012
    I want to see "The Flounder" the ship used by Bounty hunters Barbara Fett, Betty Bosk and Debbie Dengar and then stolen from them by Ensign Akbar, Dot Rendar and Little Orphan Aura and used to restart the republic mail service seen in the JEDI CHICKS tie in story "Letters for Alderan"

Neither solar wind nor acid rain nor dark of space shall keep these carriers from their appointed hyperspace rounds.

[​IMG]

23. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Dear Disney,

Please hire a crack team of designers to design the new brand ships and use none of those comics/EU butt ugly ships.

Thanks!

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Ansel Hsiao's done some pretty impressive things with EU ships, making them decidedly better looking.

The Bellator-class dreadnought from Dark Empire springs to mind:

Comic:
    [​IMG]
    His version:
    [​IMG]

davvi36 likes this.
  25. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    we'll probably see modified versions of the ships in the OT, just in the way the ships in the prequel trilogy were "older" versions

I'm thinking of something along those lines:
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.