main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What Video Game are you playing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I thought that we needed a video game thread to discuss up incoming video games and games that we have played. Nothing is excluded in this thread that is video game related! Tell us what your funniest video game moment was, be it Star Wars Pod Racing or Star War Galaxy or any other video game. Tell us what are your favorite Council or Councils, PS2, Sega Dream Cast, X Box, and Game Cube etc? Tell us what you think about the current game you are playing, or tell us about the next big game.

Have no time to discuss this in a Committee; if you cannot get the pun, well I?m sorry Councilor!

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "Tell us what are your favorite Council or Councils"

you mean console right?

anyhoo, i am playing Final Fantasy 11. so far its the only MMORPG that is actually worth the money. its bug free, relatively speaking, the combat is fun, and its not completely tedious. i have a feeling that i'll be addicted for a long time.

3. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I just finished The Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Ages for Gameboy last night. On to Oracle of Seasons and eventually Four Swords!

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ""Tell us what are your favorite Council or Councils"

you mean console right?
    "

[face_laugh] LMAO.

Anyways, at the moment, I'm playin' KOTOR for the second time through. It is by far the coolest game I have ever played. Way cool. :D

5. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    i also just found out that Metroid: Zero Mission for GBA is going to be released on the 19th. thats a must have!

i still have to get KOTOR but i'll wait till its on clearance later this year. hmmm...that could be problematic with Doom and HL2 coming out. i hear farcry is supposed to be really good too. oh and sw: battlefront. plus metroid prime 2 and another cel-shaded zelda game.

so many games so little time.

if i had to choose one though, i'd choose DOOM 3 in a heartbeat. the alpha, yes i have it, is extremely impressive even though it is just an alpha.

6. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I can't get enough of the great multi-player gaming.

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    "book the warranty repair order"

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    They have similar team-based multiplayer maps in Jedi Academy as well! The only thing better about that than RTCW is that it's Star Wars. ;)

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    yeah but few people play siege mode unfortunately. its really tough to find a good game IMO.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Really? I find full siege games nearly all the time.

Oh well.

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    what server browser do you use?

maybe i am using a different one.

i've found the classes to be relatively unbalanced in imperial favor most of the time as well. it had a rushed feel to it.

12. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I just played a round of Metal Gear Solid Substance, Snake still kicks @ss! Has anyone seen the previews of Onimusha 3 in the last issue of PSM? I am just salivating over the pictures, wow it looks to cool!

13. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I play everything I can get my hands on even my friends old N64 games they give me since they have all the newer systems. Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are still fun games. though my sister has GameCube I still play what ever i can buy borrow or rent.

14. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    So I get home from a Star-Warsy weekend at Capricon the latest issue of PC Gamer is in my mailbox. This particular issue focuses on the upcoming Star Wars games, Rebel Commando and Star Wars: Battlefront. They had good things to say about both, which is encouraging since SW games have a tendancy to suck (albeit not as bad as Star Trek games).

They have been able to play Rebel Commando and said that it is less like Ghost Recon and more like Halo, which is not a bad thing.

Star Wars: Battlefront does play a bit like Battlefield 1942 (again, not a bad thing), with a conquest mode that has you skipping from planet to planet, fighting various battles. One thing that peaked my interest was that if the Imperials do well enough in Conquest mode, they have access to more powerful weapons like, oh, I dunno, the DEATH STAR. Now THAT puppy can clear a map!

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "which is encouraging since SW games have a tendancy to suck"

I guess someone's never played such games as Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, X-Wing Alliance (the entire X-Wing series for that matter), KOTOR, Rogue Squadron, and so on. There are many more games that are "mediocre," but most certainly do not "suck." Most Star Wars games are a very enjoyable play.

16. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    And I guess you have never played Galactic Battlegrounds, Force Commander, Masters of Teras Kasi, or even Galaxies.

KOTOR, the Jedi Knight series, the X-Wing series...all evcellent. But overall the suck-factor is still close to 50%.

17. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I've still got my Atari 2600, Epix Joystick and the Grandfather of all Star Wars games...The Empire Strikes Back....which I ask anyone to try to beat me at. I used to have RotJ and Jedi Arena...but they were stolen or lost (which is odd considering they were in the same place as ESB).
    There was an Ewok/Endor game made, advertised, and a prototype made (there's screenshots on the web if you look for them)...but never released. Someone should definitely emulate it for MAME if they ever find it.

Haz', you forgot other lame-ass Star Wars games like every SW Nintendo and SNES game. They were pretty lame IMHO, just another Nintendo run-jump hack-slash game with SW charachters. They were much more addictive than fun.

Dark Forces was just a Star Wars upgrade of the Doom Engine (which was of course a 3D Wolfenstein engine) Combining Star Wars and Doom had to be a winning combination.

COMMENTS ON VARIOUS SW GAMES:

Attack of the Clones: Never Played
    Battle for Naboo: Rogue Squadron...but lamer.
    Bounty Hunter: Never played.
    Dark Forces: Fun, but no Doom III.
    Dark Forces II: Whoo Hoo...lightsabers & Force!
    Demolition: Lame
    Empire Strikes Back: Gradfather of all SW games...rock on! The Nintendo and SNES games were lamers....though addictive.
    Episode II - Attack of the Clones: Never Played
    Episode II - The New Droid Army: Never Played
    Force Commander: Fun for about an hour...then frustraiting and boring.
    Galactic Battlegrounds: Ugh, so unoriginal and stupid plots that someone who apparently never saw Star Wars came up with.
    Jedi Knight: Fun, but not innovative for the most part.
    Jedi Outcast : Totally F'n fun.
    Jedi Power Battles: Never Played
    Knights of the Old Republic: Awesome Baby!
    Masters of Teräs Käsi: STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!
    Monopoly: Has anyone ever actually finished a game of this?
    Mysteries of the Sith: Why were the graphics in this crappier than JK's?
    Obi-Wan: Never Played
    Obi-Wan's Adventures: Never Played
    The Phantom Menace: Sucked Big Time!
    Rebel Assault I: Day 1-WOW! A STAR WARS GAME FOR THE PC!!! Day 2- Somebody kill me!
    Rebel Strike: Never Played
    Rebellion: Day 1- Somebody kill me!!
    Rogue Leader: Sweet!
    Shadows of the Empire: Horrible Horrible...except for the first level of course, which was probably the funnest moments ever experienced playing a video game ever.
    Star Wars Galaxies: Day 1- somebody kill me. Day 14-somebody kill me. Day 75-somebody kill me!! Day 121-sombody kill me!!!!
    Super Bombad Racing- name says it all...take away the "Bom"
    X-Wing Series- Ehh, except for Tie-Fighter Gold....I'd give this one half fun, half boring.
    Yoda Stories- Mwuhahahahaha!

18. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Right now I am playing NBA Live 04 Madden 04 for the second franshise and Smackdown Here Comes the Pain for PS2, and Return of the King

19. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I think i have played even more then of those and have more that need to be listed but it 11:48pm so im not gonna go into it right now.

20. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Dave I had no idea that you such a video gamer! I do remember that game on the Atari 2600 that?s back in the day when games were cartridge based. We should have a video game night just to play old Star Wars Games.

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "We should have a video game night just to play old Star Wars Games."

Actually, that does sound fun.

22. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I have the Super nintendo games and a lot of newer ones also.

23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I have a collection of about twenty snes games. I play my Super Nintendo more than my PS2.

24. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    We'd talked about having a VG day, though mostly to do Pod Racer and JKII lan tourneys. We could certainly do something similar. Especially if we establish a Star Wars: Video Gamer's club.

Back in the day I used to be in a Commodore "pirate" club..where anyone with a C=64/128 & Amiga just showed up with their computer & TV and began trading games. The club would rent out the Community Room at the local mall. So everyone in the club would pay like 5 bucks a month to pitch in for room rent.
    Anyway, I would guess that to have a good SW:VG event we'd need a set-up similar as you'd need tons of power connections, plenty of tables and room to run cords.

25. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I was realy thinking about wanting to do a gamers club have scheduled play on games on the internet if we can't do lan parties and such or get together and play the consoles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.