Chic, IL What Video Game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    But I have neither a 360 nor a PSP.

Sorry Erica and Bean...
  2. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3

Fool, its coming out for the Wii as well....so no worries! No need to apologize yet...until you start slacking on your house chores....then you can feel Erica's and Bean's wrath!

EDIT: BTW...fix the link up above!
  4. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Fixed!

The stupid babysitting censor **** it up.

**** censors.
  5. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "Nobody CTRL+F4's on a exquisitely rendered church in MY game!"
  6. Lothos Jedi Knight

star 2
    As you all now, I may very well be the biggest Ghostbusters fan in this group. Having said that, I have soiled many a pair of underpants over this news.

7. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Super Mario Galaxy = must have
    It is quite possibly the game of the year. 100% incredible.
  8. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Playing TF2 at times for little mental breaks from all the school work.
  9. Lothos Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just picked up "The Orange Box" today for my 360.

The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
  10. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes orange box if fun. Portal is a real mind game, more so on challenge mode. Plus it is really funny.
  11. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well I'm finally going to take the plunge later this month into the world of next gen systems and pick-up a XBOX 360. From what I've seen read and seen it seems to be the better of the two between it and the PS3. Plus it seems to have a much better selection of quality games. We'll see!
  12. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm unsure about what game to get first for the 360, Gears of War or BioShock? But there's also Mass Effect, any opinions out there? Any games I'm not thinking of other then The Orange Box?
  13. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Any of those are good choices IMO. Bioshock is snatching up Game of the Year awards all over.

Also, Duke Nukem Forever trailer tomorrow!

10 years of development and a "teaser"? This game better make me need new underwear.
  14. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd go with BioShock, but I haven't played the others.

Duke'd better make me want to buy a new computer.

D'
    "Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shootin' up my ride!"
  15. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  16. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    OMG, that Mass Effect review made me about fall out of my chair laughing. But at least I learned that Mass Effect will require a rental test run and not a first purchase.
  17. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Pirates of the Burning Sea, the MMO in which jagoffs have an excuse to pretend they're Johnny Depp, entered the open beta stress test this week:

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/potbs/

Always a sucker for any game that might let me own a virtual parrot, I created a British Pirateer named "Bea Arthur" on the Blackbeard realm.

Pros:
    pirates!
    beta is free

Cons:
    an SOE production

That leaves a pretty wide chasm, so we'll see how the actual gameplay works out.

-Le Penguin
    "Arrr"
  18. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    See you on the bounding main! Downloading now.

Bosh
    "NOW HEAR THIS! The floggings will continue until morale improves." - The Captain
  19. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm still not sure if the ship combat falls into the "will be really nice when I get the hang of it" category, or the less desired "will be fun once I learn how to eat sh!t and like it." Hopefully it's the former. Of course, this is coming from a guy who finished "Trespasser", proving that I'll put up with just about anything as long as the game's theme/mood is enjoyable.

Character creation is really nice. Customization is versatile without being overwhelming (Oblivion had me tearing my hair out), and unlike the other MMO's I've tried (WoW, SWG), you start out with decent threads, so you don't spend your first few days in-game looking like a hobo:
    http://www.absynthium.org/wow/BeaArthur.jpg

Also, tooltip of the year:
    http://www.absynthium.org/wow/PirateTreasure.jpg

EDIT: don't use Windows' standard extraction software, it dicks things up. Use WinRAR or something similar.

-Le Penguin
    "Is it more iced tea ye be needin'?"
  20. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    The truth
    [image=http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/12/starwarsgalaxies1.jpg]
  21. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Vinylcapedjawa Jedi Knight

star 1
    World of Warcraft forever, er at least until that MMORPG based on Knights of the Old Republic comes out, supposedly in 2009.
  23. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Couldn't get Pirates to launch (all day), finally figured out PeerGuardian was blocking SOE. So my IRL pirating got in the way of my virtual pirating. Then after a 4evar patch I'm in...and Blackbeard Server is DOWN.

Bosh
  24. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yeah, all the test servers have been down for several hours now. World of Warcraft Beta, this is not.

Through 8 levels, it's turned out to be a pretty fun game. I think I'd buy it, but I dunno if I'd pay a monthly subscription (at least, not more than a pittance) especially since there won't be much time for it when school ramps up.

They're placing a heavy emphasis on player-driven economy (professions rule the day) and large-scale PVP; we'll see how that works out for the non-hardcore set.

The open beta's been extended through Jan 1; so until then, feel free to log in and dick around a bit.

-Le Penguin
    aka
    Bea Arthur, British Privateer
    Captain of The Barroom Hero and The Sea Word
  25. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I got in. They wouldn't let me be: Prissy McDouche, so I'm: Prissy McChoad....an English dandy (British Naval Officer). It does look like it'll be "fun for awhile", but it may lack the diversity in stuff 2do that WoW has.

[image=http://www.bigblackdickrum.com/images/label.gif]

Prissy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.