main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What Video Game are you playing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    That Orange Box is some kinda wonderful. After finishing the HL2 series after Pirates of the Burning Crusade try-out ended, I grabbed Doom III to give it a try since I didn't play it when it came out. Fun, and great atmosphere, but it's hard to play after so much HL awesomeness. I grabbed Aquaria at Goat's suggestion. I was kinda bored at first, but now it's getting addictive.

D'

2. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm eagerly awaiting having a healthy enough bank account to allow me to pick up Orange Box. Of course, that means I'll have a set of games with no time to play them (freakin' school) but at least I'll have them.

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Aquaria has a slight, "WTF should I do now" factor. Once you complete the demo level the entire world opens up to you. Normally it isn't that daunting but the world is massive. It gets a little overwhelming but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It is quite a unique little game. Even Femme is giving it a shot.

4. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    ....I want to give it a shot...but I dont want to get addicted to something again....at least not until that RUMOR of another Star Wars MMORPG comes true....

5. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Aquaria's just a single player side-scroller...it's only as addictive as an old SNES game can get...but you can always save* and turn it off.

D'
    * Providing you can make it to a red crystal.

6. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I just bought Crackdown the other night, and I just have to say, the twist ending makes me want to punch a baby with a lawnmower.

Best/worst ending ever.

7. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Just bought Orange Box, then realized that it won't play on my comp, since I didn't have a DVD drive. Then I bought a DVD drive, and can't figure out how to remove the damn cover on the PC. (It's a Dell) Any suggestions?

8. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    What is the model number? I can look it up. Typically there is a sliding lever that will allow one side of the case to open. Many Dimension models have a button on the top and bottom at the rear of the case that let the whole thing open in two like a book.

9. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Finally installed the DVD drive (thanks Haz) and now I'm patiently waiting for this game to update itself. Hopefully I'll have good reviews tomorrow on TF2 if my comp can handle it.

10. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Friend me up dude.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/darthgoat

11. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    [image=http://www.digitalbricabrac.com/gifs/crazytypes.gif]

This was me when I realized the game won't play. Every time it loads, the game crashes to my desktop. I thought I met the requirements but me thinks it's the video card.

12. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Check your video card drivers. You'll need the latest ones.

Also Lego SW: The Complete Saga on DS = a TON of fun!

13. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Penny Arcade linked to a very cool little video today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Can someone tell me exactly why Nintendo decided NOT to call this system the Revolution?

-Le Penguin
    (No Prince jokes, please)

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    The reason was allegedly that Revolution was extremely difficult to say in Japanese. How Wii is any better is anyone's guess but that vid is AWESOME. The implications are astounding and it is a peripheral that needs to be developed for the Wii. An FPS or something using that tech would be incredible.

Also, new TF2 unlockable weapons and game mode coming! YES!!

15. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I find all the new applications for the Wii remote to be quite amazing. First, using it to drive a Roomba, then putting IR pads on your fingers for a multi-touch interface, and now this. If I were in charge of development for the PS3, I would be curled up in a corner, sobbing softly into my hands at my own ineptitude.

16. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    That vid is pretty cool, good find Le_Penguin. Funny how the little ol' "kid-friendly" Nintendo seems to be leading the way in terms of technological advancement, while X360 and (especially) PS3 are...well, Hazmatt described it best with the whole sobbing thing.

17. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    The main issue with the PS3 is price. It was at release and it is still now. Though now it is much more palatable than it was before. Still it has little to offer.

However...

I've just been informed of something that the PS3 will offer that no other console will offer.
    GOD
    OF
    WAR

Coming Holiday 2009.

I'm buying a PS3 for that....in a little over a year.

18. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Oh, man. Good luck justifying 3-4 bills for a console while 'femme's reading you the monthly "unending list of things we need to buy for the kid." Don't worry tho; I'm sure someone'll have a PS3 within driving distance.

-Le Penguin,
    not me, however. I gave up on Playstation when Katamari ran out of steam.

19. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    um...the kid????????????

20. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    We're beta testing a combination of Femme/Goat DNA. We just have to stress test the servers a little more before release. We should beat GTA IV to market we hope.

FAQ:
    Will she be made of awesome?
    She will in fact be made of pure awesome.

21. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    This project is listed as "in development". As such, features and specifications may change before release.

Expansion packs are always exciting. Of course, you'll have the standard grinding of Change Diaper and Midnight Feeding quests, but it makes leveling up interesting again, now that you are adding a new race ("Child") and player class ("Daughter"). I hear you get a large chunk of Parents faction just from installation alone.

22. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Problem is, the only thing that class drops isn't worth crap. Plus it has a fairly high drop rate.

Also, beware live fire when starting the "Change Diaper" quest. My dad learned that one the hard way.

23. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    This thread has gotten so clever.

D'

24. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Good thing you're here to dumb it down some.

25. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    All my posts are so clever, you could brush your teeth with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.