main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What Visions May Come - TPM Vignette Yoda/Qui-Gon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Linewalker, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    Title: What Visions May Come
    Author(s): Jedi Linewalker
    Timeframe: TPM, right after Yoda?s talk with Obi-Wan about training Anakin
    Characters: Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn
    Genre: PT vignette
    Keywords: Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: This vignette is my interpretation of a conversation between Yoda and the spirit of Qui-Gon immediately following Yoda?s talk with Obi-Wan, conferring upon him the level of Jedi Knight, and speaking of his training Anakin
    Notes:

What Visions May Come

The diminutive Jedi Master called Yoda walked from the Council chambers into his personal meditation chambers. His breathing was almost labored, as he?d just been soundly emotionally rattled during his talk with young Obi-Wan Kenobi. ?Foolish and headstrong, he is,? mumbled the green skinned Jedi as he settled onto his pad. ?The danger he does not see, blind to it he is,? he continued rattling, drawing his tiny body into a relaxed position, closing his eyes.

He sighed, trying to find peace in his mind. He?d just spoken with young Obi-Wan and told him the Council had given him the title of Jedi Knight. He also spoke at length with him about taking young Anakin Skywalker as his padawan learner. The young man had been almost defiant in his attitude. Grunting, Yoda spoke aloud, ?So like you he is, in many ways he has become.?

?Did you really expect any different, Master? After all, he was my padawan,? replied a voice from the air itself. The voice was a familiar one, and as Yoda opened his eyes, he saw the shimmering form of Qui-Gon Jinn standing before him, Obi-Wan?s former master, the one they?d just had the funeral for. He was now part of the Force, and he came to Yoda, as he knew he would.

The old master grunted, shaking his head, his large pointed ears dropping slightly as he did so. ?Qui-Gon, my old friend, your defiance need he does not. Much danger is he in to train this young Skywalker. Much danger,? rasped the ancient Jedi, adjusting his robe about him lightly, his eyes never leaving the Force Spirit in front of him.

The spirit form of Qui-Gon shook his head lightly, and folded his hands as he sat before the ancient Jedi. ?Master Yoda, no future is certain. You taught me that, when even my own master, Dooku, could not. The future is a result of choices we make. Anakin is the Chosen One. He can, and will, make the right choices, I believe, if guided properly.? He smiled wanly, fondly regarding the older master. ?Under Obi-Wan?s guidance, with your assistance, that is almost a certainty.?

?Heh! The Chosen One the boy may be, but great danger there is in his training,? said the old Jedi Master suddenly, with vehemence. ?Bad choices the boy will make. To the Dark Side too close will he come! He is too old, too reckless, set too much in his ways to find the path of the Jedi.? The old Jedi smacked a small fist on the thick meditation pad he sat on, eyes full of conviction.

?He must be trained, Master Yoda,? Qui-Gon said softly, his shimmering form still facing the old Jedi, seated across from him. ?Only with training can Anakin possibly bring the Force back into balance. Imagine the harm he could do if he?s not trained, and the Sith, or someone else stumbled upon him, inexperienced and uncontrolled.?

Yoda?s ears stood up higher and his face tightened. He hated when Qui-Gon was right, which he frequently could be, much to his own consternation. ?Without training, he would know not how to cause harm, and no trouble would he be,? Yoda said, still not giving in. He fidgeted more as he sat there, growing mildly annoyed, but at what, or who, he was uncertain of.

The spirit of Qui-Gon shook his head sadly, folding his arms over his chest. ?Yoda, you know full well that if the Jedi do not train him, as strong as he is with the Force, the Sith, or another group just as bad, will find him and teach him enough to be dangerous. And they will feel him and find him. You know this.? He hated arguing with Yoda, but even the wisest Jedi could sometimes be blinded by tradition

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting perspectives.

3. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Thank you, hon. I tried to capture what I thought would be the spirit of that conversation

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked that you had Qui-Gon show up so soon after his death to argue for Anakin's training. Yoda could be stubborn - I think 800 years of training might have made him blind to ways other than his own.

Good job with this.

5. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Thank you *smiles* Considering the urgency that Qui-Gon felt concerning his training already, I figured it would only escalate after he joined with the Force.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, well, that makes sense.

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I really liked this and I'm glad I found it!

I should have known that Qui-Gon would come back and argue with Yoda about training Anakin.

8. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Thank you for reading and I'm glad you liked it, Mouse *smiles*

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This viggie brought out some very intriguing points - on both sides. Well done! :)

10. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    My sincerest thanks, Gina *smiles*

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It seems that Qui-Gon can't stop rebelling, even in death. Very nice little viggy :)

12. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Thank you, Kitara *smiles*

13. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Interesting viggie, Jedi_Linewalker. I thought you did an excellent job at capturing both characters' perspectives. Such a shame that things didn't turn out the way they hoped with Anakin.

Great work! :D

14. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Very very appreciated, your comments are, Knight Aragorn *laughs and winks* Seriously, Thank you very much

15. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    If I missed thanking anyone here, my sincerest apologies. Thank you very much for reading

16. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Just to be seen once more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.