main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What voices do you hear?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Shroud, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shroud

Shroud Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2000
    I recently had the chance to read some of my Star Wars novels. Currently I am reading the second tier of the Thrawn Trilogy.

I was wondering when you guys are reading stories what voices do you hear when a particular character speaks? An example of this is hearing Joruus Cboath speak as Sean Connery or Talon Karrde sound like George Clooney.

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    umm... medication you must seek. voices in your head they are. obey them you should not.

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    When I read about Joruus Cboath I figure he sounds like one of the "Knights-of-ni".

AG88

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    In TLC, I got some moments where I really heard Carrie, Mark and Harrison, certainly...

I know what he means... ;)

Jag = Ewen in Julien Sorel mode

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The voices tell me to burn things.

...oh, you mean the voices of book characters. What's weird is that I don't imagine any particular voice unless I'm consciously focusing on doing so.

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Yeah, I usually don't hear the character voices...when I do they're usually my friends voices.

7. Shroud

Shroud Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2000
    That's the only way I read. No matter what it is, I guess subconsiously assign voices. Reading StarWars I can hear everyone from Han to Palpy. It just makes it more exciting for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.