main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was Count Dooku's angle in Episode II when he told Obi-Wan the truth?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by COMMANDER76, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPShArp

CPShArp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2005
    I bet, like anyother sith, Dooku wanted Obi-wan to join the darkside and help overthrow and kill palps so Dooku can be the master.

2. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    well said sinister....i pieced it all back together as i read that post

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Dooku had plenty of chances during the Clone Wars. He simpley didn't do it. He wasn't interested in killing Palpatine. Note that if he was, he would've done so already. Instead, he's too busy focusing on the two Jedi.

4. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    I don't think Dooku could have killed Palpatine. I think he needed help. That's why he asked Obi Wan to help him.

Let's look at it this way. The line in ROTS is "Join me and together we can destroy the Sith", right? So what if Obi Wan had said "Sure". If Dooku's goal wasn't to kill Sidious it would be pretty obvious to Obi Wan after he joined them, wouldn't it?

Once again some of you are letting stuff outside the movie impact what is obvious in the movie. ;)

5. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    to quote Arthur Fonzerelli: EXACTAMUNDO!

6. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I doubt Dooku and Obi Wan could have taken out Palpatine. Just look at ROTS, he takes out 3 masters within 30 seconds.

7. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    That's what weird about Dookoo... he really was just a political idealist. He didn't seem like your standard sith. I personally don't believe it would have been a bg shock if he had been brought back to the light with some help. But he got himself into that position so that's the way it goes

8. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    yeah dooku really doesn't seem like a bad guy even when he's fighting.....as compared to sidious who cackles, screams, and jumps around like an incensed silverback gorilla

9. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    LOL.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Alas, the novelization is what Lucas approved of. And if Lucas didn't want Palpatine's lies in there, he wouldn't have allowed it.

11. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    i always felt his ideologies went past Sith and Jedi definitions like he didnt want to be confined be either one

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    me as well maynard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.