main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was cut or changed in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthKruul, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKruul

DarthKruul Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    On Wookipedia i found an interesting material on how some episodes were planned for the clone wars but later their content was changed or scenes were cut. Too shame that some original scripts were much cooler than what was shown on tv. Here are the following:

1) ,,destroy Malevolence,,
    Some ideas from the original script of the episode included: Panaka being captured alongside with Padme and being brutally murdered by Grievous; a lightsaber duel between Grievous and Plo Koon on the exterior of Malevolence in space; and Jedi sneaking aboard the Malevolence by freezing themselves in carbonite to get past droid bio scans and radiation beams.[1] While the first two ideas were eventually abandoned completely, "the carbonite infiltration maneuver" was later adapted by writer Henry Gilroy into the story of Star Wars: The Clone Wars Volume 1: Shipyards of Doom.

Additionally, Anakin's original plan of entering the Malevolence was a foolish hyperspace micro-jump to deploy the Twilight centimeters from the ship's hull. Padmé and C-3PO were also originally rushing to the battle site to aid in the evacuation of the Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, but these were also changed after script revisions.

2) ,,Downfall of a Droid,,
    Some scenes were cut from the episode becouse of time limit. I hope they will beincluded on DVD

3),,Bombad Jedi,,
    Quinlan Vos was originally slated to appear in an early draft of Bombad Jedi. He was to be working undercover and actually using his force abilities to make it look like Jar Jar was a Jedi. He was eventually cut, because at the early stages of production the studio didn't have the ability to include many new characters because of the time it took to create a digital model.

4),,lair of General Grievous,,
    The Episode Guide reveals a couple of lines not shown in the actual episode. In addition to aforementioned joke, another usage of the famous line "I have a bad feeling about this", this time by the Jedi Nahdar Vebb, was cut probably because of the strong time limit on TV episode format.

5),,Dooku captured,,
    Originally, there were going to be two Kowakian monkey-lizards as part of the pirate group: twin brothers Pikk and Pilf Mukmuk, but their characters were consolidated into Pilf.

6),,Hidden enemy,,
    The script originally dictated the start of the episode to involve the clones setting up a combat droid nicknamed "The Beast", similar in design to the dome-shaped mining droids seen in A New Hope. However, to keep the war defined as clones vs. droids and not clones using droids vs. droids, and since the sequence didn't even explain the droid's use, the sequence was cut.

7),,Blue shadow virus,,
    In the script, the tactical droid was originally a medical droid. This is why C-3PO says to it, "We all want to hear your tale of medical heroics."
    Originally in the script, after Vindi's assistant droid took the bomb, it left, never to be seen again. Padmé found the missing bomb in the greenhouse room, hidden for no apparent reason. The addition of the scampering droid with the bomb was made not only for story logic, but to add the humor when it startles Padmé.

8),,Mystery of thousand moons,,
    Originally, the Xandu (flying creature obi and anakin used to reach bottom) was to be devoured by the Reeksa plant

if i find more information i will post it here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.