main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was it about Vader that allowed him to stop blaster bolts?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AnakinSucks, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The glove thing isn't really EU, to be fair. The EU disowns those books too. ;)

The idea of an indestructible glove is silly, and we can even see in the movie that Lord Vader blocks the blaster bolts with both hands (he switches hands when he pulls the blaster towards him). So much for the "right" glove being all-powerful, eh?

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Given that Vader's armor deflected a wild swing of Luke's lighsaber, though it did hurt, that same armor can deflect a blaster bolt which I would say is much less damaging.
    However, blaster bolts appear to move fast, and some Force ability is going to be needed to put that hand in the right place. While he's at it, I'm sure Vader could simply have used the Force, with or without an armored hand.

3. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I know you can't really use it as a source of what the Force can and can't do, in the Clone Wars series, Obi-Wan deflects blasts from a Droideka with his glove, much in the same fashion as Vader. It's a deflection, not an absorbtion, and it's certainly not a technological thing.

4. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    It's always been my running theory that Vader deflected the shot with teh Force. Yes, Vader was struck by Luke witha Lightsaber, but it wasn't deflected, as Luke was NOT attempting to slice of Vader's arm. That right hand was ALSO the hand Luke cut off in ROTJ, therefore, I HIGHLY doubt it could deflect a blaster shot, but not a Lightsaber.

It's like what Shaak Ti did in Clone Wars, she deflects Grievous' Lightsaber with the Force. Vader simply used the Force as a means of deflection and sent the shot in an opposite direction.

5. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    i thought this was cleared up many years ago.

it's Vader's indestructible glove silly!

:p

6. DarkSide_Acolyte

DarkSide_Acolyte Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2006
    I always thought it was the Force... I guess that is one more thing to add to the list of Unsolved Star Wars Mysteries.

7. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    his suit did not deflect he did using the force

8. Tredavi

Tredavi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Not only was this scene the most BA of all but the modified bastech heavy pistol he had was like the equivelent of a Smith and Wesson 500, the most powerful pistol ever made firing 50cal magnum rounds. This is why Han owns any normal person in a gun fight. However Vader and his power are something special. Not only could he have blocked Han's blasts with a force shield or force absorb he could have simulantously blocked all blasts from everyone in that room if they all decided to fire on him including boba and the troops (which probably would have missed anyway). He could do all this while choking everyone in the room and many adjacent rooms if he wanted to. And not like the chokes you see him do to officers hes toying with, im talking 40 smashed larynix's in less than a second type of choke.

Either that or he leveled up and chose the master unarmed blaster deflection feat from the kotor 2 game.

Look for the updated version in the next DVD release where a nervous trooper shoots first and han does a quick head bob then starts popping off rounds at vader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.