PT What was Palpatine's home planet?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Midichlorian count is a cell concentration. OT Vader has the same midichlorian count as PT Anakin. His loss of potential is probably better explained by the fact that he is on life-support with his breathing controlled by a machine.
  2. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    In the RoTS novelization, I think a point is made that midi-chlorians can leave the cells- and that, to minimise this, they operated on Anakin without anaesthetic.
  3. Zer0 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It's not the count that counts, it's how you use it.
  4. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    It might have been The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader that had it.
  5. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but Vader lost limbs, which meant he lost the midichlorians within the cells of the limbs that he lost on Mustafar.
  6. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    As Yoda puts it- "Size matters not"- just because Yoda's much smaller (and thus, has less body cells) than most Jedi, has no effect on his powers.

Thus- at least in theory, if a Jedi's "power-limits" are based solely on midi-chlorian count per cell, rather than total number of midi-chlorians- then it shouldn't matter that he loses body parts.
  7. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    On the money. He was.
  9. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    How do we know he didn't come from somewhere else and move there and become a senator there?
  10. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Because one has to be a natural born citizen to be a Senator - although I don't recall anyone asking to look at his birth certificate.
  11. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    No one knows how politics work in an interplanetary setting. How do you know Palps wasn't born somewhere else?
  12. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    I looked up his records.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    What?
  14. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    The greater galactic web, like our world wide web.
    anakinfansince1983 and DarthBoba like this.
  15. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    The expanded universe? Would you have preferred if Palps came from another galaxy, outside of the gffa? Makes him more mysterious.
  16. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    No.

I like the idea of "evil dwelling within" the facade of an ordinary person - well - if politicians are ordinary folks.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    What do you mean by that? Wouldn't another galaxy add more mystery to the saga? It could be the birthplace of Palps.
  18. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    No. Yes, it could be. But it wasn't. I don't particularly care where Palps was born, actually. He was born; that's enough for me. (Wish I could say that should be enough for you - a movie quote, hah! - but if I really said that it might not come across as quote but an insult which I don't mean. So I'll put in brackets so it's clear it's intended as a joke.)
  19. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    What's the name for the gffa galaxy? It sure aint the milky way galaxy.
  20. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
  21. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    How did Palpatine manage to achieve this around his birth?[face_dunno]
  22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The galaxy.
  23. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Depends on the culture- but the Nagai, from the galaxy right next to it, call it "Skyriver".
    Adrian the Cool likes this.
  24. Adrian the Cool Jedi Master

star 3
    The only known in-universe name is Skyriver, but it's used by the Nagai only. The Galactic Republic and Empire have no name for it or it is not known by us so I use the Nagai's name.
  25. director-TMS Jedi Youngling

I think Palpatine was born and raised on Coruscant the same as me. I would have been his friend as a little boy. I guess he'd play with toys by himself when his parents were away on business. Who would I be? I'd be Syk Starger. It makes sense for Palpatine to have grown up on Coruscant because he is a city boy of the most sophisticated/advanced planet. I'd think of him as my cousin, but we're really not. We'd be a top duality in the system both being superior to Anakin who is a weak boy from a cheap planet. I'd be the rich all-powerful Anakin type - more powerful, maybe unlimited midichlorians...
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.