main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was Palpatine's original plan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by bucs28, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Humm...I don´t agree with you at all.Palpy had it all along.Yes,the Jedi weren´t part of his plans,but didn´t affect it very much either,except for the death of Maul.

The question of leadership of the CIS-without the death of Maul,Sidious himself would lead it-the Neimoidians were always scared ****less of him.In TPM the only thing that went wrong was the death of Maul-IMHO the election of Palpatine was always the objective of the blockade in the first place,although the TF didn´t know it.

In AOTC everything was proceeding as he had forseen.War,dictatorial powers,Jedi casualties resulting of the war...

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    But In AOTC, Dooku described the genesis of the CIS as being that the Trade Federation came to him and told him how they were betrayed by a Sith named Darth Sidious, who had sway over the Senate, etc. While obviously, that's probably not exactly how it happened, the fact remains that in AOTC, the Federation was not pleased with Sidious. Why would they follow him again in AOTC?

3. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The reason the TF were displeased was because Sidious, who they knew was a man of power within the Republic, offered them an opportunity and then abandoned them once they were captured. Had Maul not died, however, I'm guessing that Sidious would've returned to help them out in secret then and there, thus he never would've abandon them in the first place.

4. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    "I invite all to please post some sources for some of your claims that were not seen on film. I'm not an EU fan and some of the things stated here seem outlandish."-K-Man

I'm afraid the whole thing about Palps not finding out about the Deathstar until 4 years after TPM is probably from the EU a novel called Rogue Planet where a Young Tarkin saw the designs for a huge battlestation and was quite enamored with it (ironic snicker) He said that he had some associates in power that would be interested with the idea as well (I assume he was meaning Palps)-as has been said this bit of info is not from any of the movies therefore its legitimacy is debatable

"It's clear the TF was upset with Sidious, so why did they ally themselves with Dooku."-Jabbowocky

because they probably did not know he was working for Sidious.
    Even if they did know we can't be certain how much of what Dooku said about that was the truth and how much was misinformation.

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I didn't mean why would they work for Dooku. It was my argument for why Sidious couldn't have planned the Seperatist movement from the time of TPM. What I was pointing out was that since the TF is angry with Sidious by the time of AOTC, and Maul was clearly his underling in TPM (which the TF saw in holo-transmissions) then they wouldn't have joined the Separatist movement, meaning it would essentially have lost its backbone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.