main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was that show?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Twinky_Stryder, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OK, we've all had those moments, you recall a sci-fi/horror/fantasy tv show that you saw as a kid, but can't remember the name of it.

It can be a real pain, so post what you remember of them here and other forum members who remember the shows can help.

I remember two shows in particular:

One was about a kid who was in a coma in the real world and wandered round some random fantasy world looking for "home", but couldn't actually remember where or what "home" was. I don't think I've imagined it, but I can't remember anything else about it.

It was a bunch of kids and an old man(their grandfather?) and they battled vampires. It was on Nickelodeon(British) in the early 90's and one bit which scared the heck out of my when I was really little was one of the kids having a nightmare that everyone else had turned into vampires and was gonna kill them.

Gave me a childhood fear of vampires did that show.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Sounds like that may have been an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?.

3. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Which one? The vampire thing may have been, but not the coma thing. There was a random introductionary voiceover at the begining of every episode, I remember that.

4. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I saw partial episodes of the coma one throughout my childhood. I can't remember the title, but I'm fairly sure it was Canadian. IIRC the coma land was supposed to be a parallel world(or something) where only kids existed. And the coma kid kept coming across clues that his father had been there. And I think the coma was caused by the kid falling out of a treehouse.

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  6. DuoDemon

DuoDemon Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Here's a tricky one i've been trying to figure out for ages

I've been watching cartoon network since I was little (early-mid 90's or so) and they used to run tons of old 70's and 80's tv shows (before they had their original programming.

Herculoids, Thundercats, Birdman, the old Johnny Quest, etc etc

Anyways, I'm not sure the show I'm going to describe was on Cartoon Network at the time (but this is most likely). And its probably most likely that its an older cartoon. The animation IIRC was typical of an 80's cartoon (as in it resembled Thundercats).

Anyways, it was this cartoon about this team of heroes (it seemed to be in some sort of pseudo-fantasy world...could've been space though) that was built up to fight some evil bad guy. Now the first epidodes were concerned with going around and convincing these various heroes to join the team and fight evil. Now what stands out in my mind, is that there was one in particular that was a talking monkey who if IIRC seemed to act like a reluctant grumpy hero (I believe he wore a golden helmet). Eventually, the team went on to face some monstrous bad guy, and they were about to die, but the monkey guy sacrificed himself by going in some cave or something. I remember that the monster threw back the cracked golden helmet at the rest of the team, insinutating that the monster ate the monkey guy (he might've later lived, I don't remember).

This might've been a mini-series or something, but this has really been bugging me for years and years (I'm about 20).

If anybody could figure this out, I'd be forever grateful.

7. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    That sounds fairly close weezer, probably what it is too, thanks.

I mean, how many shows are out there that are about kids in comas living in parralell fantasy lands?

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If somebody can find this for Duo, that would be appreciated, because I have vauge memories of this one too, and now it's going to drive me out of my mind trying to remember the title.

I need to call Cox and see about getting Boomerang added to it's digital line up. That and we need a fourth network dedicated to classic cartoons.

9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I went through every show that CN has ever shown and nothing sounded remotely like that. I even found a database of all monkey characters on TV and again, nothing like that [face_thinking]

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was just thinking a htread ilke this would be great as there's a show or mini series I've been thinking aobut lately, but can't quite remember.

Twinky, was that vampires series Dracula: the Series? I remember watching that one as well.

Eileen Townsend, an international banking executive, and her two sons, Max and Chris, arrive in Europe. The boys will live with their Uncle Gustav Helsing and his ward, Sophie Metternich, while Eileen is away on business. They soon meet multi-billionaire Alexander Lucard at an embassy reception, who is actually none other than the legendary Count Dracula. Chris and Max join their Uncle Gustav and Sophie to fight Dracula!

This Dracula? [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/healerleona/ThisDrac.jpg]

Now the movie or possible miniseries I only remember vaguely.

It was scifi and there was a doctor of some sort that was still an intern I think. A world that didn't revolve so one side was always in darkness and one part that I remember somewhat more clearly was about a way to murder people with some animal or organism that borrows into your heel and makes it way to your brain or heart, one reason these people always made sure the bed linens were tucked in at the feet.

Saw it once and I think I liked it. *shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.