main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the best saber duel in the prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by nate_the_great, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    In a way, you almost have to disqualify Yoda vs Sids, a large chunk, if not most, of it is fought without sabres. Of course, that's why I like it so much. Still QGJ&OBK vs. Maul rules.

2. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    Obi-Wan vs. Anakin/Darth Vader - Revenge of the Sith

3. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    palpatine vs yoda easily,the 2 stronger character in the saga dueling.

4. TCG

TCG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2005
    Anakin vs. obi-wan was the best. it actually had power, and emotion!

the maul fight would be 1, if you only count the complexity of it. but it didnt really have any power. maul was practically a silent movie villain who the audience hissed at. and although qui-gonn died, we all knew obi-wan would survive.

3. yoda vs. dooku. there was nothing else like that moment when yoda first pulls out his saber. it had the theater cheering.

5. DanaSolo

DanaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    Hands down Darth Maul/Qui Gonn/Obi Wan. It was never as cool as that in Sith or Clones.

6. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, without question.

7. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I agree with Chosen_One1. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan was the best by far not only because it was the most ferocious and intense duel put on film but also because of the emotional significance that it held. I don't know about you guys but I'd been waiting to see this duel since I was like 10 years old.

8. DARTH_DONALD

DARTH_DONALD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    i've got to say maul vs qui gon & obi. the thing that makes that excel is ray park. to quote mr lucas ( kind of ;) ) " when you have a villian who knows what he's doing it up's the ante for all involved "
    but nick gilard also deserves a slap on the back because ALL of the duels were different in there own ways.

9. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I was waiting for it since 1977 too, but that's why I was left disappointed. I think it STARTS ferociuos and intense, but that dissipates quickly once they start having to balance themselves on various objects. And "I have the high ground" just doesn't work for me. It is saved somewhat by the great dialogue at the end (I hate you, you were my brother).

10. Master_HaRu

Master_HaRu Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Vader/Kenobi-RotS
    I think that the seer speed of the duel and the intensity of those 2 fighting makes it the best duel in the PT. When my friends and I saw it on opening "night", I got chills when that whole scene came on. Then next in line would be Yoda vs. Palpatine. That little guy really packs a punch.

11. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    I'm glad somebody else thinks that =D=

12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I almost missed seeing Anakin get his 3 remaining limbs slashed off because I stared at the ceiling completely befuddled trying to figure out what Obi meant.

13. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Seems to me (and I'm not a trained swordsman) that the person on the lower ground would have the advantage, as the higher person has to lean down to defend and attack (watch when they are fighting on the falling column).

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I assumed the high ground allowed the higher person to strike at his/her opponent's head and shoulders whilst still keeping a guard around their own torso area.

I.e., it's easier to deliver a death blow when your opponent's head is coming to your waist.

Plus, I like the fact that Obi-Wan had the environmental and the moral high ground. ;)

15. Headphonekenobi

Headphonekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Obiwan and Maul after Qui-gon got killed... best saber fight out of all 6 IMO. BTW, does anyone have a gif of any part of that fight??

16. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Best saber duel = Anakin V Obi-Wan.

Maul V Qui+Obi was good but the enviromental conditions (Lava and Volcanic eruptions) give the Final EP3 duel the edge.

Best force power battle = Yoda V Sidious (the 2 Masters) duke it out.

Great stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.