Tucson What was the coolest SW item you found in Tucson?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GrandAdmiral_Frank, Aug 21, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been in the game since '95 at a young eight years old. Now I'm 21 and even though I got bills and kids and a obligatory responsible life I still get Star Wars merchandise...from time to time.

With that in mind what was the coolest thing you found in Tucson? It could be anything as long as it is SW related. If it is too hard to pick go for a top three or something.

For me I have found a lot of toys at local toy fairs back in the day. Then there are the new relase of toys at your local Walmart or Target. You have the books which I frequently visit Bookman's for. There's video games however those aren't too hard to track down. Then you got miniatures and comics. Costuming is something I would love to invest in someday.

The best thing for me though was I found these two mirror pictures from the days of the OT. One had Han and Chewie with their blasters blazing and the other one had a TIE fighter and an X-wing clashing and they were these pictures put on a mirror. I have never seen something like it and it screamed OT to me. I doesn't sound that cool but I love it because I have never seen those before.
  2. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I find most things I want at Wal-Mart and Target.

Newer stuff would be Mighty Muggs, Battle of Hoth minis Target exclusive and my headless Dooku he was an awesome find!!

I love finding rarer stuff though like the ultimate galactic hunts and the new first day of issue figs.
  3. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I'm loving those Hoth mini's. I want them pretty bad.

4. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I am building a 3 3/4 scale Jabbas palace and I think after that maybe a minis scale Hoth battle with 3 AT-ATs!

My palace is about 15% done so no time soon for hoth! LOL
  5. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Especially considering that you have been "building" that palace for AT LEAST a year now...
  6. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    You'll have to put pics up of the palace. The closest to a battle of Hoth I had was a white blanket with fake snow and of course the action figures.
  7. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    ON a whim, I went into the Elegant Junque Shop on Speedway to find a bunch of mint on card OT SW Figures! An elderly woman had just brought them in. She bought them when they were new int he 80's for her grandson who didn't like them so she just threw them in a box and put them in her attic!25 years later she finds them and brings them into the shop. The crazy thing is the owner had no idea what they'r worth and doesnt bother to look them up, so all the carded figures he made $35.00, and he even had some fur pack sof Sears exclusive sets he jsut makde $80, so I go to Fanasy Comics, get a toyfare and as I suspected they are worth hundreds. So I picked them all up, and resold them on Ebay (except a couple for me) and made about $2000
  8. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I started about a month after C4 so a year and 2 months!
  9. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4

OMG that is too cool.
  10. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    The coolest thing I ever found was my Reek from AotC. I stalked it at Fry's for months and waited until it was marked down 50% and got it for $6.50. I still love my Reek! [face_love]
  11. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^

Lucky all I was able to obtain from the Geonosis Arena monsters was the Nexu. I prefer the Acklay but that Reek would have been fantastic. I could have laid it down next to a headless Jango and had a triumphant Mace in my room.
  12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Most stuff I find I don't wind up getting. The coolest I ever found no one else is going to think is kewl.. but oh well :) I found a Queen Amidala telephone once, I wanted it but I did not pick it up that day and when I went back about a week later someone else had already found and purchased it.
  13. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4

Hey watch that kind of language around here! LOL
  14. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    Fine fine I'll sensor it.

I could have had a decently close replicant of a scene in AOTC done with action figures the size of 3 3/4.

Hey I can honestly say the only risque thing in my room is that very detailed Unleashed Princess Leia in the slave outfit.
  15. Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I have like a lot of Epi 3 Action Figures. I wanted to win the prize that was going on when Epi 3 came out. (I didn't win) :(

I got the 2 Posters of Revenge of the Sith at Walmart when the movie first came out. Now I got the Clone Wars Poster a few days ago.

At Tucson Mall near Oricle I saw a Mini Statues of Star Wars Ships: Deathstar, Hand One, Millenium Falcon.
  16. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    The only special figures I remember getting were Target Exculsive Ctrooper, MagmaVader, and CIII exclusive Darth Vader when ROTS was so fresh and so clean.

I work at Walmart. I can try to get promotional displays if anyone is interested. The only ones out are obviously TCW and that has gotten positive reviews for the most part from the fans so far.
  17. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
  18. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I work at the Wally Word in Cali with John Candy, he didn't die, he just wanted to go back to the basics before Chevy Chase held him at gun point. No I work at the one on Speedway and Kolb next to the $1 theatre that will be seeing a lot of me once TDK hits there. I work the night shift and I'm on remodel. Hopefully I'll get hired onto the store afterwards and then hopefully I'll be in toys. If I can I try to look for toys if people need any. It's harder now because I have to remodel so if I BS and go off to the toy section they will flip. My boss carries a red bull can that's empty and spits his chew remnants in there. I could just see him comin' up behind me chompin away barely being able to speak proper English with that chew in his mouth telling me that the Force was strong with me but the remodel is not done yet.
  19. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Luke_I_Am_Your_Alarm_Clock_118015.asp

not in Tucson.. but jeesh I really want this!
  20. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Legacy Collections!! I just got the Padme' Amidala Legacy collection. YES!!!! I thought of Chris though, they had the Fett collection as well. Not to mention Imperial starfighter, How often does someone find Biggs in an Imperial flight suit.

speaking of.. remodel looks great, was just there last night. Do you think they will keep you on, or is it a done deal.
  21. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    evolutions collection rather.. it says Legacy on it as well.. but all the waves this year seem to be part of the Legacy collection.
  22. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I have been kept on. I work overnights 10-7. I think I'll get the dry foods area which is your cereal, canned goods, snacks, cookies, etc. I get moved around a lot but hey it's pay.
  23. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    make friends with whoever is in toys... really good friends ;)
  24. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I already am. This guys mom works there and we all good. I just can't get anything. If anyone wants me to look out for them let me know. I mean it's all there ripe for the plucking.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    aha. I see. I'm desperately seeking Galactic Heroes Slave Leia

the CW Ahsoka

wave four CW Padme' which I don't think is out yet.

If all that makes sense! You could call me at night and I could run get it right then so you wouldn't have to worry about holding it for me.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby