main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the Emperor's reaction to the destruction of the Death Star?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthSerta, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSerta

DarthSerta Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    This was never mentioned in the films .Was Palpatine furious? ornot, thinking that it was only a setback in his upcoming victory overthe Rebbelion?

2. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    The Emperor's reaction? After the PT, I'd speculate he'll say something like this:

"Darn it! Now we'll have to wait another twenty years to build another one! No wait...I'll send Vader to 'motivate' them, heh heh! POWEEEER! UNLIMITED POWEEEER!"

:D

3. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    He cut off Vader's arm I beleive.

Even though that wouldn't hurt (unless he had pain sensors equipped) it would teach him.

4. SmoovBillyDee

SmoovBillyDee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    "Okay, we're going to build another one. But this time, instead of an exhaust port, let's make a big ol' entrance that they can fly through to get to the core instead!"

5. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    But this time, instead of an exhaust port, let's make a big ol' entrance that they can fly through to get to the core instead!"

Actually, the "big ol entrance" in ROTJ was there because the Death Star II was technically still under construction. If it had been completed, I bet there'd still be only an exhaust port instead of a "big ol entrance".

6. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Actually I tihnk he was kidding.

7. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Oooooooh that wascally wabbit!!!

8. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    I am sure Palpy was not all that happy.

he had just disbanded the Senate, and was actually and officially the only ruling body in the galaxy.
    He probablly didnt consider the rebels, or anyone, a threat at all...

Now that his dreaded death star was destroyed, he may have realized the type of threat the rebels were, and told Vader to do everything possible to destroy them....and even began planning the big "trap" in ROTJ then and there.

it is also very possible he meditated or whatever, cause of the re-appearance of Obi Wan and its direct coorelation to the destruction of the death star...he must have known things were not going as planned.

He Probablly also needed to relax, and went to a show, with a floating bubble in the circus ring

9. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    hmmmm...does this fall under my homeowners insurance, or my auto/vehicle insurance??? either way, my premiums are going up...

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hahahahaha

11. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Knowing that vader was getting on in years, the Emperor probably thought that he saw his new young apprentice in the young rebel who destroyed the Death Star. He did not see it as a setback when young Anakin succeeded in destroying the droid army. Somehow he rationalized the defeat (obi wan destroyed, the hidden rebel base revealed)

However, his first thought was as follows:

"What, me worry?"

12. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    He thought, "Well, I might as well build another one. And this time, I'll have the engineers leave this tiny hole open so the fighters can fly RIGHT INTO IT! HAHAAHAHAHHHAH!"

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually, Palpatine's reaction was to have the Bevel Lemilisk killed and then cloned several times over as punishment.

14. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it is rather obvious that he would not be overly thrilled with the destruction of the Death Star. However, in the grand scheme of things, it was nothing more than a minor setback. The Empire had only used the Death Star once. Because of this, there was very little power lost. Had the Death Star been in use for many years, it would have been a much larger blow for the Empire. As it stood, there weren't missing much - since they had nothing like the Death Star before, they knew exactly how to go about their business once it was gone again.

15. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Near the end of STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE:

Darth Vader enters Emperor Palpatine's chambers where the Emperor is meditating. Darth Vader hesitates to disturb his master during his meditation, especially with the news he has for his master, but it must be done.

Vader: "Master Sidious . . . can you hear me?"

The Emperor, slowly coming out of his meditation: "Yes, my apprentice. What of the Death Star? Was it instrumental in the elimination of the Rebellion? Did it come through unscathed?"

Vader: "It seems . . . Tarkin's arrogance . . . allowed the Rebels to destroy the battle station."

The Emperor, shocked and increasingly filling with rage and tearing the chamber apart with the dark side of the Force: "They . . . they couldn't have! It was indestructible! Tarkin guaranteed it! Nooooooo!"

:p

16. Darth_Ogawa

Darth_Ogawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    You know, I think maybe Palpy may have been more upset at losing Tarkin during the Death Star's explosion than at the actual destruction of the Death Star.

Tarkin was actually a very cold-hearted and loyal executor of Palpatine's will. He wasn't just another jittery member of the Imperial Navy. Tarkin was sincerely on the Darkside and maybe even above Palpatine's level of dark charm at this point because Tarkin wasn't so over-the-top like Palps and could be more convincing to keep Vader in denial about Palpatine's evil. So Tarkin also played a large part in keeping Vader controlled, so it's like Palpatine is already beginning to lose his hold on Vader at the point when Tarkin dies because Vader isn't on "the leash" anymore.

17. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    "They . . . they couldn't have! It was indestructible! Tarkin guaranteed it! Nooooooo!"

Now there's a scene for the next Special Edition!

[face_laugh]

18. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Palpatine: "In time we will build another Death Star, then we will be invincible."

Vader (to himself): "I have said it many times, he's the most overconfident Sith I have ever met. I see him becoming more arrogant than any Sith, even Darth Tyranus."

19. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ****

20. the-shrude-dude

the-shrude-dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    .....bugger.

21. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    ok it did not take 20 years to build the death star! I hate it when u guys say it took 2o YEARS it DID NOT. The used the weapon to destroy planets with CIS droirds and members on it the deserted it at Maw. Then the emporer was being challenged by the rebles and other organizations he said "hey lets get rid of these idiots lets blow them up" so they did that it blew up. "lets build another one SECRETLY to blow those idots up" so they did. then he ploted the destruction of the rebals "lets Trick them" so they did. Then he blew up. But it took less than 20 YEARS because he wanted it. Also he did not need it when he retired it because he had cloneing facilitys and thousnds of super ships no need for planet killing he ran the Galaxy till the rebelian. THATS WHY IT TOOK 20 YEARS TO BUILD IT-

22. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    "Everything has proceded exactly as I have forseen it."

23. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    Darth Vader- "The Rebels have destroyed the first Death Star"

Emperor- "Why is it that you say the first Death Star? You sound as if there is going to be... or... is another one?"

Darth Vader- "Your feelings serve you well. I commenced the construction of a second Death Star 4 years after the constuction of the first Death Star."

Emperor- "Well done lord Vader, and once we get this information out to the users of Theforce.net forums it will stop the redundant threads like -"How come da 2nd death star took 4 years to build but da first took 20 years?"

Darth Vader- "Yes my master."

Emperor- "Now leave me. The simpsons is coming on"

24. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    He shouted much like Florida Evans from the TV show Good Times....

"Damn! Damn! DAMN!"

25. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Palpys reaction?...****!...Lord Vader?...come here, i want to slap a ruler over your knukles!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.