main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the first Star Wars book you read

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Beskargirl, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liliedhe

Liliedhe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2009
    Truce at Bakura around 1995. And the old Tales of the Jedi comics, around the same time.

But it didn't stick, I went on hiatus for over 10 years.

First book I read when I was serious about getting into Star Wars was Jedi Apprentice Call for Vengeance, in 2008. And the rest is history^^.

2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    The first Jedi Apprentice book got me hooked. :)

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    First comics were the Dark Empire series. That led to the RotS novel, then Rise of Darth Vader. Which led to LotF, and now all over the time line.

4. Dashiva

Dashiva Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2009
    First one I actually read: Children of the Jedi
    First one I prefer to remember instead: Heir to the Empire

***damn Barbara Hambly...

Sey Edit: Since you are new, please note that the word is not allowed.

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I think first book was actually Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. For some reason I stayed away from the books for a long time. After that I was hooked though and have read every prequel book since then plus countless others from other eras.

6. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Young Jedi Knights - Heirs of the Force
    It was an awesome book :D

I think i got the first Thrawn book then as well, but i havn't read it since i got it back in 1997 or something.

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Don't actually remember my first Star Wars book that i read, sometime in high school i read the Jedi Academy ones, I do remember Siege at Bakura. Pity though.

Still prefer the Thrawn Trilogy, and the (soon to be completed) Darth Bane Trilogy

8. Fettishist

Fettishist Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2009
    Splinter of the Minds Eye, right after ESB came out, which was a bit confusing.
    That was more than 60 SW books ago. I count 57 on my shelf, but I've borrowed some as well.
    Seeing Heir to Empire come out was a great surprise.

After 32 years of fandom the events leading to Karen Traviss' departure and the vivisection of those storylines may have ended my financial contributions to GL's revisionist Empire.

9. Darth_Rage212

Darth_Rage212 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2009
    The first Star Wars book I read period was Star Wars Ep:III and that one got me for good. From there I became more interested in the back story so I went to Ep:II and went from there with Shatterpoint and Cestus Deception followed by Dark Rendezvous, Labyrinth of Evil, Ep:III again, Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader, Star Wars: A New Hope, Empire, and Return, Secrets of the Jedi, Darth Bane: path of Destruction and Rule of Two, waiting to read Dynasty of Evil. That is the complete chronology of my Star Wars reading. I just thought since I am new and no one knows me I might as well share what books I have read in comparison to what many of you have. I never went beyond Return of the Jedi for some reason, I guess I was never really a fan of Luke so I skipped those books. I have however heard things about the books that come after "Return" that made me a little interested in them.

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones

11. Akechi

Akechi Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2010
    First Star Wars book I ever read was Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi. Great book :D

12. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    I believe mine was Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.... Good book.

13. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    The Force Unleashed. Afterwards I thought to myself:Three Sith? There can be three? Maybe I should keep reading...

14. Kaxs

Kaxs Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2009
    I think it was a Swedish translation of some Young Jedi Knights book (I'm from Sweden). Can't remember which one for sure, though.

But the book that really made me interested in collecting Star Wars books myself was Death Star.

15. Jarael

Jarael Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2010
    Young Jedi Knights- Delusions of Grandeur.

I read it when I was 7... So I was completely lost. I had only watched the first 10 minutes of A New Hope then.

I hadn't begun to form an idea of how Star Wars worked until I was 9, but then I plunged in.

16. Daren_Kole

Daren_Kole Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    Labyrinth of Evil, in my own language (Dutch). I don't remember how I got it, I think it was a present.
    So I started rather late with reading SW books, I was 16 back then.

17. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    First book I read was LOTF: Sacrifice. It was when my fandom first started and I just bought a random SW novel, so didn't know it was a series.

18. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I'm not really sure, but it was either Heir to the Empire or The Emperor's Plague

19. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    ugghh i just tried reading that a week ago and hated it, one of the worst star wars books i've read/tried to read.
    anyway the first book i read was the 1997 audiocasset version of empire strikes back. the first expanded universe was the glove of darth vader when i was 7 or 8.

20. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    The Glove of Darth Vader, then the entire series.

21. cindrollic99

cindrollic99 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2007
    Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen. And the reason I picked it between it and Jedi Trial 4 and a half years ago was because I had to know why Leia was holding a lightsaber. :p

22. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones. I don't even know how that book got into my house or which one of my brothers bought it but it was a book I couldn't put down.

23. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    The Glove of Darth Vader. I think I have all six of the books somewhere in my house... But don't judge me, I was nine years old. :p

My first real novel was Heir to the Empire back in 2004, right before I turned twelve years old. Going forward six years finds me finally trying to catch up on the EU.

24. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones.

25. DarthAria

DarthAria Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2010
    Mine was the Young Jedi Knights #5 Darkest Knight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.