main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the first Star Wars Movie you ever watched

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Tevase2, May 11, 2013.

?

What was the first Star wars movie you ever watched

1. Star wars: Episode IV A New Hope

66.7%
  2. Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back

10.0%
  3. Star Wars: Episode VI Return Of The Jedi

6.7%
  4. Star Wars: Episode I The phantom Menace

13.3%
  5. Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

3.3%
  7. Star wars: The Clone Wars (animated movie)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    I think i was 5 at the time, but my dad keeps telling me the story. Mine would have been Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. my dad put the movie on and sat me down saying something along the lines of
    "star wars is a classic, but luke is annoying"

2. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977, before it was episoded or otherwise titled.

My grandmother, who took my sister and me to see the film, enjoyed the movie and kept saying how much she "loved that dog!" (meaning Chewie). [face_laugh]

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Spaceballs

Shira A'dola likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am old. It was (as Merlin so perfectly put it...) before it was episoded or otherwise titled, but I saw ANH in a theatre. I was very young so Star Wars was... well... Just images really. Feelings. She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad. Why are you asking me this? Wait... what were we discussing here, again...?

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I think I saw Revenge of the Sith first, but it wouldn't have been the whole film. That's probably what got me into Star Wars, so I watched all of them after that.

6. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    I saw ESB first.

It was quite interesting seeing ANH second.

Then, RoJ and the prequels.

7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    What Star Trek movie we saw last.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was 5 when "Star Wars" premiered in the theaters; my first Star Wars movie-viewing memories came from seeing ESB when I was 8 though. Before then, it was role-playing Star Wars on the playground and playing with action figures.

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ugh, oh jeez, I am sorry, but I feel bad for anyone who selects option 7

Yikes. Ouch...

Ahsoka_Tano_11 and Chewgumma like this.
  10. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    My brother started to learn the Star Wars main theme on the piano. Mum suggested that we watch the 'first' (ANH) movie of Star Wars. For her, it was a bad idea........ for my brother and I, the best thing that ever happened! :D

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope

12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I love how someone with "Ahsoka" in their username liked my post that was borderline dissing TCW

Tevase2 likes this.
  13. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Saw ANH at the re-release in '78 I believe. I was 7 years old. They're still my favorite children's movies after all these years!

H.R. Pufinstuff, on the other hand, has not aged quite as well.

14. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I don't remember how it came about, if my Mum taped it from the TV on video for me to watch many many years ago thinking I'd like it, but it was 'The Empire Strikes Back'.

However it took me a long time to watch it because all I remember is that I was captivated by the Battle of Hoth and thought it went on for ages, and those AT-ATs were amazing, but I couldn't get past the Dagobah scenes as they creeped me out too much and I didn't like them, it was too creepy and strange for me so that was where I couldn't get past.

I think that interest obviously grew and soon I managed to watch it, and my obsession started from there!

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I wasn't that old when I watched the first one, I was only 10.

I remeber when I first saw, I didn't what it was, for me it was just some crazy-long eared-crature talking to guy.....one with long hair and one with short hair. But then.....it just came as a breakthrough! I just simply felt in love with the whole thing! And 4 years after that.....well, here I am, sitting and chatting with more of those nerds. :p

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  16. AniGamer

AniGamer Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2013
    I saw Empire Strikes Back first, not int he theater however. I remember watching it for the first time, and it was amazing!

17. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I saw Return of the Jedi first, on a VHS. My mother introduced me to Star Wars when I was 8.

18. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Crap I can't remember...AAAAAAAAAAAH

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it was ANH. I was in first, maybe second grade. It was sometime before TPM, my parents were borrowing the tapes b/c it was coming the prequels were coming out and they were introducing Star Wars to my sister and me. I remember it being in the middle of the movie and it being time for bed and begging them to let us stay up and finish....we didn't. :(

Now ROTS was the first I ever saw in theaters.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The first Star Wars movie I saw was Droids Pirates and the Prince. The first numerical movie was A New Hope.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Still waiting for that person who sincerely posts that they have been a diehard fan ever since they first saw Battle for Endor or the Christmas Special...

22. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Probably ANH. I don't remember my first viewing, because I was too young to remember it.

23. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Star Wars in the summer of 1977.

24. Darth Liberatus

Darth Liberatus Jedi Padawan star 1

May 13, 2013
    I remember seeing part of Episode I first, I didn't have time to watch it all. It was before Episode II was released, and I don't remember what order I watched the rest in. I just remember going to the video rental store with my mom and brother a few times and looking for Star Wars movies and getting whatever ones we saw. I think I saw IV, V, and VI in order, not positive though. I saw II and III in theaters on release days.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  25. The Laserbrain

The Laserbrain Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2013
    The SE VHS of A New Hope in '97 when I was 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.