main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was the first SW book you ever read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AmeiaSkywalker, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    I think mine was ANH.

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Some kiddie book from the 80s. Luke has a landspeeder and he rids around in it. Thats all I remember.

3. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Wedge's Gamble. I bought it for the train when I was like ten, didn't read it. Then picked it up one day when I was about sixteen and was hooked. I now own every book (novel) in the EU. YES!!

4. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    The first book of the Jedi Academy Trilogy, Jedi Search.

5. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Heir to the Empire. Got me hooked on SW books for life!

6. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Paradise snare, my little brother got it at a library, I read it on road trip and I've been hooked since.

7. Darth_Blazer

Darth_Blazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2001
    my first was also Heir to the Empire.

wow. good book

8. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Id read various SW lit( comics, kids books, etc)throughout my misspent youth, but my first REAL intro into the EU was Timothy Zahn's masterpiece, Heir To the Empire. ;)

9. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    The first star wars book I ever remember reading was back in the mid 80s. I think it was called droid world, and audio read along book. I'm not sure. one really corny line sticks in my head even over all these years- some cyborg dude says something like "we have victory, but at what cost?". scarred me for life that did....

anyway, I always liked star wars since I was a kid, ESB was the first movie I remember seeing. Then about 5 years ago when I was 14 or so I bought tales of the mos eisley cantina- thats what got me into star wars in a major way. I've been hooked since then and have read every books up to conquest released by bantam or njo. its a beautiful thing isn't it?

10. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I read most of the YJK and JJK before reading any "Adult" novel. My first "Adult" novel was Jedi Search.

11. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker by Alan Dean Foster, writing as George Lucas

12. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Seige by KJA. Strange place to begin, huh?

13. Rotan

Rotan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2001
    Golden Globe. Finished JJK. Read Delusions of Grandeur. Finished YJK. Read Dark Force Rising. At here I am

14. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    The infamous Glove of Darth Vader

15. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    First encounter with SW: In the early 90's, the RotJ record read-along, back when I thought RotJ was the 2nd movie and ESB was the last one.

First comic: Dark Empire #4 a year later.

First "real" SW novel: Heir to the Empire after suggestions around here I think.

16. ReiKun

ReiKun Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2001
    Rogue Squadron, the very first X wing book. My cousin left it off at my house when I was like 9 or 10 and I decided to read it and whalah. I loved it, and started reading EVERY SINGLE STARWARS BOOK i could get my hands on.

17. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I think it was Tales of the Bounty Hunter followed by Shadows of the Empire. And then Rogue Squadron which i had had for a couple years but had never read it.

18. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    mine was (i know this for a fact) was an 80's Empire Strikes Back coloring book. It had tracing paper in it and every thing it was cool. My First novel I can not remember what one it was I wish I could.

19. DromatheRyn

DromatheRyn Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2000
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron was my first. I loved it, and immediately went to Heir to the Empire.

I've been hooked ever since, and went on a binge. I read every novel I could get my hands on. Now, I've read them all. Well, except for Conquest. I'll get to that when I'm done with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

20. Tobi-Wan

Tobi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2001
    Shadows of the Empire.

21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Heir to the Empire.

A friend passed it on to me a couple of summers ago and I have literally not been the same since.

I'll get him for that, oh yes, if it's the last thing I do.......

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Paradise Snare. Got it for my birthday in August of '99, and haven't stopped reading 'em since.

It's also the earliest book in the Bantam line, and it started me on an ill-fated quest to read the entire EU in chronological order.

I made it about as far as Truce at Bakura. :)

23. CountJared

CountJared Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2000
    I'm pretty sure it was Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon. I was 8 and I don't think I understood it all that well. I read Mindharp of Sharu a couple years later (found it at a yard sale) and that made more of an impact. My freshman year I read SotME and Han Solo's Revenge. Got HttE for my birthday when it came out.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Star Wars : A New Hope. September 1994.

First EU - Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. ninjedi

ninjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2000
    Jedi Apprentice #1, easy reading I know, but they're one of my guilty little pleasures. That and making a scale model of the Millenium Falcon out of leftover pizza.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.