What was the first SW book you ever read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AmeiaSkywalker, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Knight

star 3
  2. RedLord Force Ghost

star 6
    anh in 1977
    and then the eu Heir to the empire!!!
  3. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    ANH in '77 and then most others ever since.
  4. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Wes Jedi Knight

star 3
    1995 I read an illustrated novel of RoTJ. Then in 1996 I read Dark Force Rising which I bought back in 1994.
  6. Mecca-Don Jedi Knight

star 2
    The ANH novelization back in 1977.
  7. Darth_Kettch Jedi Master

star 3
    Jedi Search. While KJA isn't the best writer, it totally sucked me into the EU.
  8. Dewlanna Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    The first book was Champions of the Force, after listening to the audio adaptations of Jedi Search, CoPL, and Dark Apprentice in 1996. The spouse borrowed JS and CoPL audio tapes from the library for a long car trip with the cubs. When we got back, we quickly borrowed DA, listened to that and then, (with Luke in a coma, the bad guys about to get Baby Anakin, and Mon Mothma at death's door) we discovered that the library didn't have the tape of CttF. Argh! And the book was checked out. Double argh!
    The cubs had several days of suspense until we got the book and I read it to them. I was pretty sure that Luke would be ok, but, not having any knowledge of other SW books (didn't even know there were such things) I wasn't too sure about anyone else in the story.
    Since then, I've read nearly everything (even the kiddy books) What I haven't read are most of the GoDV, about 1/2 the Bounty Hunter Wars, and the Darth Maul kid book from Scholastic.
  9. Slayer_Of_God Jedi Padawan

Jedi Search was my first SW book and responsible for addicting me :D
  10. cavalier_one Force Ghost

star 4
    My dad had the anh novelisation and I read that a lot before the eu came out. Unfortunately, the first eu book I remember reading was The Crystal Star . . .
    Well, at least it could only get better . . .
  11. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    The Crystal Star. Hated it.....it turned me off towards SW books for a couple of years.
  12. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    I first read HTTE, then I picked up the Novelizations of the films, and then I just read everything that came out after that, that I could get my hands on.
  13. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    I first read the Zahn Trilogy (obviously starting w/ HttE)
    When I finished it I discovered that there were A LOT of paperbacks around, so I picked up Tales of the Bounty Hunters, liked it and been reading everything ever since.
  14. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Long time no seen such a topic.

My first contact with the SW universe was when I read TTT, I've seen the movies afterwards.
  15. Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Hier to the Empire back in 1994.
  16. Wolfimus Jedi Knight

star 1
    ROTJ-First thought afterwards:DANG IT, Dad was right, ROTJ IS the last one!
  17. I-poodoo Jedi Master

star 4
    First book: SW ANH novelization from local library in 1989 or 90.

First EU: SotME way back in 6th grade. I felt so lucky I actually found a book that I'd read and enjoy for English class book report.

Of the current EU: Dark Force Rising by you know who, through the local library. Read the first chapter and was like what the heck's going on. Returned the book, and a few months later found Heir to the Empire and then reread Dark Force Rising and was like now I get it.
    Ever since that I always read first book in a trilogy then second then third makes much more sense that way.
  18. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Star Wars: The Adventures of Luke skywalker circa 1978. I's OLD.
  19. kaijueiga Jedi Knight

star 1
    First book was Star Wars (ANH) by George Lucas (Alan Dean Foster) ;) , way back in 1977.

Second book was Star Wars, the Marvel comic movie adaptation. I think this version is way superior than the current Dark Horse release.

Third book around 78 or 79 was, you guessed it, Splinter of the Mind's Eye.
  20. Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got hooked on SW in 1993, and after watching the movies, I found my dad had an old dog-eared copy of the original novelization of ANH.

A few months later I found that evil little kiddie series about Ken the Jedi Prince. I hated it, but I was desperate for some SW stories.

Then in the winter of 93 my prayers were answered. I somehow stumbled onto Heir to the Empire. It was a huge book for someone my age (12), but I read it in two days. Since then I started buying every novel I could get my hands on. I don't even want to think about how long it would take me to read all of them without re-reading one.
  21. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I read the Star Wars novelization back in 1977. That was before it was referred to as A New Hope. I also read Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1979.

Phil
  22. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    The first one I ever read was Shards of Alderaan.

23. Draco_Starcloud Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. GUARDSMAN Jedi Knight

star 1
    First book I read was the Vector Prime of the New Jedi Order series. I saw the commercial of it on TV and got it at Barnes and Noble. then I went off to the Xwing Series, more NJO as they came out, and of and of cource picked up all three copies of the Thrawn Trilogy. Now I have the best of the best of the EU. I didn't go around buying every book and finding out that some of them really sucked LOL.
  25. IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm... Shadows of the Empire, followed closely by Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy... and then all 9 books of the X-wing series... where I fell in love with Wedge Antilles [face_love] Stackpole is now my hero :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.