main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last book you bought?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chancellor_Ewok, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Krusty_the_Clone

Krusty_the_Clone Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 4, 2006
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Got The Big Roads and The Arabs for my birthday.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just put a pre-order in for the Darth Plagueis novel and #3 in Stephen Leather's Jack Nightingale series on Amazon UK. Both are out Jan 19 here in the UK.

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Plagueis novel came Saturday and I'm almost finished with it now. Postman brought an Amazon US order today that had The Wrath of Darth Maul in it. (Had to get it from the US site since it wasn't in stock on the UK site. There was also a non-SF book in the order that was out of stock on UK).

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm 2/3 of the way through Darth Plagueis too.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I finished it last night and am considering a re-read in the near future. There was a lot to take in there!

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    It's going to change how I watch TPM, that's for sure.

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It def DOES change the exp of TPM for sure. I rewatched it and was smiling almost the entire time. Very cool.

11. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Thanks guys. I bought it in preparation for TPM 3D. Also got Daniel Abraham's The Dragon's Path . He's 1/2 of the writing team that is James S.A. Corey(Leviathan Wakes, which I loved)

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I cannot recommend this book enough.

Today I bought Back to the Moon

13. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Yesterday I ordered Darth Plagueis and I hope it will arrive before it is time to see TPM :).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I just finished re-reading it and I read The Wrath of Darth Maul. The latter is a YA book but it dovetailed nicely with Plagueis.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  16. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm waiting for the paperback for Neverwinter... definitely looking forward to it, though.

Recently ordered the Star Wars A Long Time Ago volume 5 omnibus... which will be the last in the ALTA set.

17. Shepherd492

Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2011
    Just got Indiana Jones: Army of the Dead and Fall of Hyperion. Also picked up Batman Year One because I am a loser and haven't read it yet. Planning on ordering some starcraft books and the rest of the x-files novels that I haven't found yet.

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Carpathia

It's Titanic meets 30 Days of Night.

When the survivors of the Titanic are picked up by the passenger steamship Carpathia, they thought their problems were over.

But something's sleeping in the darkest recesses of the ship. Something old. Something hungry.

Night Sessions

Religion banned. Robots created. The robots find God.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    TTT, HoT, Death Star, Outbound Flight, and Survivor's Quest.

Breaking my 5-year-streak of not reading SW EU because I want to learn about the Chiss for a fanfic series I'm currently doing with a friend. I also want to give Thrawn another try. I came to him very late (about 2006 just before I quit EU in 2007). I also love that Zahn creates two of the EU chars I adore. Gilad and Talon. Now, I want to see what it seems many view as the best EU char in SW Thrawn is all about.

I got Death Star because I'm hoping to at least glimpse Tarkin and I'm interested in an Empire-era story. :D

Over the next year, I hope to also get Gilad's major books so I can finish his arc too. That's the thing that bugs me: everyone but Talon (AFAIK), that I *like* (Thrawn is likely to be added to this camp soon) is *dead*. Plus, NJO onwards EU seems very *dark*. It is entirely likely that I won't bother with EU beyond Thrawn and Gilad. Though, if they do a Dooku novel or actually kill Luke, I'd seriously consider reading those.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got Carpathia in a recent Amazon order. Haven't started it yet though.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It's not quite what I was expecting but it's damned good. I am over 100 pages in a day.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maybe I'll read that next.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It is like Stoker's Dracula, Cameron's Titanic, rolled into one. There are even vague references to each though I would consider them easter eggs rather than an attempt and "the same universe".

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Got the following for Christmas, my birthday and just because:

High Calling by Evelyn Husband
    Off the Planet by Jerry Linnenger
    Inferno by Dan Brown
    Darth Plageus
    Fate of the Jedi: Omen