Amph What was the last book you bought?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chancellor_Ewok, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    And I'm jealous. At least my copy has shipped...
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Oh, I'm totally jealous. But I still approve :D
  3. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    lol yall!

Its ok though cause I know RJ will get revenge on me when he gets the book in a few days and STILL reads it faster then me!!!!

Hey RJ I paid 21.60 something all told with taxes on the 29.99 isbn price. WHat did you pay altogther after shipping?
  4. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    $15.99 with free shipping. (Initially it was $16.19, then it dropped to $15.99 and Amazon refunded the $.20 :p)

So that end is all good for me. It just takes longer :(
  5. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow that is a big price difference, but that wait would be killer indeed...
  6. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Since I've been getting SFF books recently, I figured I might as well post 'em here.

I picked up Dune, a Douglas Adams book (So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish), and a couple of Star Wars books at Half Priced Books last week. I've not started any of them so far, but I'm looking forward to reading them, especially Dune.
  7. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I'm glad you stopped by! Have you read other Adams books? (That's the fourth in the series.)
  8. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    'bout time you showed up here, McClain :p We've been talking about these via PM for a while now [face_laugh]
  9. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks Nat. :)

Yeah, R...J, I finally figure that it was time. :p

Yep, I've read the first two Adams books, and enjoyed them. The used bookstore that I went to didn't have the third one, so Fish will have to wait for a while. Which is entirely fine, considering my backlog of books these days. :p
  10. Krusty_the_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    The new wheel of time book.
  11. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    A heads-up for UK folks. I was in my local Waterstones today and they had all of their fiction paperbacks on sale at 3 for the price of 2. This included sci-fi, mystery, and horror. If you want to stock up for winter reading or Christmas gifts now's the time!
  12. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've been going crazy with ordering from Book Depository lately. Got The Deed of Paksennarion by Elizabeth Moon (again- I think I own three copies now, but I justify it by telling myself they're on a different continent, so ...) and am thinking of ordering the latter two books of the Mistborn trilogy despite having already read them in the library. My bookshelf is so empty ...
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] If yu liked the Mistborn books enought to reread them, they'd be worth the buy, IMO.
  14. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I do, and I think I will. I'm just trying not to go on a dangerous-for-my-wallet book-buying spree, because I am totally capable of that. :oops:
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] I have to hold myself back from that often 8-}
  16. Crystena77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yesterday I ran and bought The Fires of Heaven at the used book store. I had previously bought the first seven books of WoT but that one was missing. I was holding out and said I would pay full price only if they didn't get a used one in before I got to it.

Checked on-line and saw they got a used one in so I raaaannn after work. Also picked up Rebecca by Du Maurier cuz they had a copy and it's a classic.
  17. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Bought The Black Prism by Brent Weeks HC.
  18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Rebecca is amazing :D I just hate that Rebecca's cousin burns Manderly down - JUST when Max has gotten away with killing Rebecca. And I didn't really understand why they went abroad after that, since he'd been vindicated, and everyone thought it was a suicide.
  19. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    Just got the Lies of Locke Lemora, it's too bad I have so much on my reading plate right now. It looks really good.

Evil.
  20. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    You'll find some differing opinions on it here :p Its one of the few that Nat and I disagree on [face_laugh]
  21. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
  22. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Kinda meh. Decent enough that I got and read the sequel, but I'm not a huge fan.

Nat, on the other hand, loves it :p
  23. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Me as well. I thought they were both very good reads.
  24. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    The Locke books are AWESOME. And that is a FACT.
  25. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I was about to add, Havac loves it too :D Yeah, I really enjoyed it, and I recommend it.