main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last comic book you read?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Nagai, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Star trek The Last Generation. Myriad Universe comic. A parallel history in which Kirk could not safe the Efrosian prez and now the Klingons took over the Federation. 7/10

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    THE TRAP DOOR MAKER. An incredibly well crafted indie miniseries/graphic novel which serves as a rather convincing prequel to Gaston Leroux's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. Also, finishing reading IDW's modern day ROCKETEER mini and on my third rip through BOB POWELL'S TERROR collection, which is brilliant beyond words.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Daredevil #9. Mark Waid's Daredevil is either the best or second best thing coming out right now, depending on who you ask, and frankly, you ought to be reading this. The art's great, the writing's great, the mystery's intriguing, I could just go on, and on, and on... Plus, it's one of the few big two books you can read guilt-free, since Bill Everett died well before he could get screwed over.

4. Nagai

Nov 15, 2010
    I never liked superhero comics.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Last night I read Winter Soldier#1 and #2 back to back. It has a gorilla...with a minigun...and a jetpack...who screams "Death to America!" in Russian. It may be the greatest thing ever.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Besides the recent SW releases (Agent of the Empire, CE3, KOTOR War & Dawn of the Jedi), I read the first part to the current Dead story arc for Deadpool.

My stack of stuff to read, though, has a bunch of Deadpool Max, Invincible Iron Man and post0Fear Itself stuff I need to catch up on.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's by Brubaker, right? I really ought to be reading that.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yup. It's really a continuation of the same Cap story he's been writing for the past 5 years or so. I wasn't originally going to pick it up because I was pretty frustrated by Bucky's death and almost immediate resurrection in Fear Itself, but there was a lot to be frustrated about with Fear Itself so I didn't let it stop me from enjoying a good book. And it is quite good so far.

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, well, Fear Itself is, in hindsight, shaping up to be a kind of Marvel equivalent of Zero Hour. Something best forgotten about as quickly as possible.:p

10. Nagai

Nov 15, 2010
    Star Trek asiignment Earth which is based on the episode of the same name. Its about a genetically altered human named Gary Seven who works for a misterious agency called Aegis. Their goal is to save civilisations from destroying themselves. Sevens responsability is humanity. It has 2 sidekicks, a cat who could turn into a human and Roberta lincoln her secretary. He averts a nuclear war, stops a rival time-trasveling agency from destroying Earth, destroys a clone army, tries to save nixon from being replaced by a commie agent and in the he ends not knowing if the real one survived or not. But Nixon has to resign because of Watergate anyway. 7/10 for me.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Wait, they resurrected Bucky in Fear Itself? Was that one of the spin-offs?

Seeing as I didn't realize Bucky had been killed until I read the recap in the following issue, I'm not surprised I missed his resurrection ;).

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it was in... 7.1? I seem to recall 4chan's comic book board exploding over that issue.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well...that's just stupid.

14. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    It's been awhile...